I spent a week in the Tamarijn early September with my family. I wanted a quiet place near a beautiful beach since our party included my grandmother who is 83 and my niece who is 4. We were 7 and booked 3 rooms.
Our rooms were on the second floor on the far west side of the property. Rooms were very comfortable. Nice beds, very clean and it is impossible not to like waking up and seeing the beautiful Aruba sea right in front of you.
We pretty much did not leave the property except to celebrate my Bday on a restaurant at their sister property Divi. Very easy to get there with the shuttles.
The food on the reserved restaurants was top notch! We tried all of them and loved every dish we ordered. On the buffet-styled ones, the quality varied, some days it was great others not so great. But in general, very good food.
I am not giving 5 to this property because:
- Drinks were actually terrible! I tried different ones, asked them to prepare something different and it took me a few days to figure out what was safe. Mimosas, are ok and some of the wine.
- Service was not very good. There were maybe 3 excellent servers and the bell men were great. That were very nice and did all to please you. Unfortunatelly they were the exception. Actually on the first day, I was starting to think we might need to change hotels... We were really badly treated over breakfast and lunch. People were really rude to us... And we are very low maintainance, we just ordered drinks for example, but the staff looked so bad and responded so badly to us, we felt like we asked something absurd. Over the days staff seems to shift and service improved a bit...
In any case, the location of this property makes it impossible to be in a bad mood. Once you see the ocean, that is in your face from wherever you are in the property, you just relax and let it all go.
I recommend for the location and facilities, but don't go expecting 5-star service...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., West Indies, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel