“"Beautiful cool white sand"”

Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Reviewed 10 April 2014

My first holiday since I was young and it was amazing,Quick transport from he airport as well as easy check in.We had top floor ocean front room there were 10 per building right on the beach,each with a balcony or patio.We were steps from the beach bar and only a couple buildings from the buffet, pool, and main lobby,There is plenty of entertainment nightly and daily activities as well.we had so much fun just hangin at the resort.Its about a 15 min walk downtown or there are buses you can ride or a taxi,we took the bus back one day but the walk though hot was awesome,lots of things to see along the way.Watch out they drive wicked down there lol.The food is pretty good lots of variety,friendly staff,super clean always someone cleaning the grounds and beach.The rooms are outdated but kept very clean and everything worked.we felt safe and comfortable and welcome.Cant wait to return as we enjoyed the two weeks laying in the sand we need to go back and do some adventuring.

Room Tip: I found it pretty quiet in general other than the noise of the grounds cleaners in the morning and t...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa P

Reviewed 10 April 2014

We fell in love with this resort the moment we stepped through the lobby! The airport transfer was so quick and easy, check in was very swift. We had a semi-far-away room in relation to the lobby (2100 block I believe) but we didn't mind. The fact that all of the rooms are ocean-front is so amazing! We chose a lower level room so we could step right out of our door to the beach. We thought the room was great. We had two beds which was unnecessary, but we ended up keeping our suitcases laid out on the other bed. The bathroom was very nicely updated and all in all we really liked the room. The AC worked great and the patio was perfect.

We never had a problem getting lounge chairs on the beach, but we did get up around 7:30-8:00am to set out our towels and get early breakfast! The tiki huts on the beach are so great and allowed us to get some shade from the very very hot sun! We loved the beach so much. The only thing that was slightly off-putting was all of the rocks in the first part of the ocean. We didn't have water shoes so it was quite uncomfortable getting out to the ocean where there were no rocks.

The pool is pretty small so we didn't spend much time there at all except to get food from the pool bar which is pretty much what we did for lunch every day. The pizza is fantastic! As far as the other food and drinks go, we thought they were amazing. We ate at the Red Parrot, Ginger, and Windows on Aruba, and then we had a private dinner on the beach for our honeymoon which was also fantastic. The Red Parrot was the best hands down- we could have eaten there almost every night. We were not very impressed by Ginger, it seemed like all frozen boxed food to me, but other than that, everything was good. The drink selection was fabulous! I love that there were lists with the ingredients for all of the frozen, fancy drinks- that made it easy to decide on what to get.

Everything truly was amazing and we would definitely come back to the Tamarijn or Divi. The island of Aruba was so beautiful and the people truly made our visit special. We enjoyed riding bikes around the island, going to the casino (although smoking is allowed), and snorkeling. Everything was so perfect!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Caitlin M
Reviewed 9 April 2014

After looking at alot of hotels in Aruba online and reading reviews we decided on the Tamarijin
Aruba. We loved the idea also of all inclusive. From the minute we got there and looked around
we knew we made the right choice. The staff were amazing from the time we checked in until the day we left.
The beach is beautiful and very private. We were in the 1700 building and it was the best location for us.
We met so many great people there- all repeat visitors- which is a good recommendation.
We were there in early March,2014 and going back again in October and December 2014 so I guess you can realize how we just loved it there !!!!!!

Room Tip: I guess really a personal choice- some people prefer ground level and others loved the 2nd floor. We...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank irisherin7
Reviewed 9 April 2014

This was our first trip to Aruba and we picked the Tamarijn because it was all-inclusive and because we have had friends stay there previously and loved it. I was a little concerned because it was a 3-star resort. The Tam actually exceeded my expectations. I have been to four other all-inclusive resorts and I would say that by far the food at the Tam was by way far the best-- may be due to the fact that the food is catered to Americans. The resort in general is an older resort - especially the pool area-- pool definitely shows that this is an older place (small nothing exceptional) That being said, everything is well taken care of, the restaurants are nicely done, the rooms are small but very nice. The bathrooms were also updated. I would not recommend this room for more than two people because it is tight, but for two people no problem at all. We ate at both buffets in the Tam and the Divi. Both were good. We also ate at the Red Parrot and I would say that this was my worse meal of the trip and service actually was poor there. We actually left before dessert because they never returned to take our order. The Ginger was very good also and the Paparazzi (Italian) was so good that it is reminded me of Little Italy in Baltimore. Those are the only restaurants we did at the resort. We went across the street to the Divi Golf Course and got the $35 prix fix meal, which was excellent and the view absolutely stunning. We also ate one night at the Wacky Wahoo in Palm Beach. The food is incredible and everyone always returns. The restaurant itself is nothing to look at, but the food was awesome. People were leaving and making reservations for a day later. The concierge at the Tam can call and make a reservation for you. You can pick a taxi up right out front of hotel for $9 to take you to the restaurant or Palm Beach area to walk around. You can also jump on the local bus out front for $2.50 each way. We rented bikes from the Tam and rode down to the Palm Beach area and locked them up and walked around. It is about a 20 minute bike ride to Palm Beach. We also walked 30 minutes into Orangestad to see some of the shops. We walked around for 2 hours and then walked back. Great way to exercise some of those alcoholic beverages off. We also took the ABC Tours Island Safari- an incredible day exploring the island - a must do. We also did the DePalm Snorkel and Sail. I would say that this is more just snorkeling and very little sailing, which was a disappointment for me. But you do get to do a lot of snorkeling. It seems that DePalm has the most tours and the Tam only books those for you, but I would look in the pamphlets and do the other companies. They are a little bit cheaper and seem to give you more time doing things. ABC Tours was great. A lot of people have complained about the service at the Tam and what I will say is that it is Americanized. You get the service that you would get in an American Resort. You are not going to get people bending over backwards for you like in Mexico or Dominican. I never found anybody rude or ignorant, but not over the top with sweetness either. There was one or two, but for the most part not. I did notice that the Tam had a lot of people that return. If I return to Aruba, I will probably end up in the Palm Beach area for a different type of experience. My only disappointment of the trip is that I expected the water to be a little calmer in the area where the Tam was located. It seems the calmest water is in the area of Palm Beach. However, I was told that the winds usually calm down a little after Easter and this may have played a part in the water being a little rougher than expected in front of the Tam. We had 20-25 mph winds everyday. Overall, I thought the Tam was a nice hotel, best view and spot on the beach, best food I have had at an all-inclusive so far, and love the town of Aruba. Just remember that the Tam is a 3-star Resort, you are not going to be served drinks on the beach, or have a swim-up pool bar, or have a mini bar in your fridg. I would say that if you are taking kids (teenagers), not sure there will be enough for them. I know my kids would have been bored and just drinking themselves at the bar since the drinking age is much younger than the states. I know mine would love the Palm Beach area because it is hopping with activities.

Room Tip: Pick a room in the 1900 block or lower due to the walk to everything and better views
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank Dena L
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Just returned from our 3rd trip to the Tam and as usual it did not disappoint. We wanted block
24 lower level and got block 25 lower level, all was good. Beach chairs were locked up until around 7am so at least we didn't have to get up too early to get a palapa.

We did find that there were more stones in the water as the week went along and would definitely
recommend water shoes. In our opinion there is no where else that is beach front at the cost of the Tam, for beach lovers it's ideal.

We booked all a la cartes except Palm Grill and we had very good meals at all. We booked
Windows On Aruba for $35 pp and would highly recommend. It's a three course menu but the selection is quite good, most entrees offered where close to $35 alone. Beautiful room and very good service.The men can even wear shorts! We did use the Divi buffet more this year than any
as it is a step up from the Tam.

Went into town one day at $18 return in taxi, typical touristy items and a quick lunch at Iguana Joes left us wanting the beach more than ever.

We played nine holes at the Links at Divi across the street. Nice enough course at a cost of $116
per person which included the cart and club rentals.

We tried our luck at the Alhambra Casino and we were pleasantly surprised at the renovations they have made to that complex. There are a couple of sit down restaurants (Fusion and Ginger) and a few more souvenir places than before.

We have recommended this resort to friends who have indeed visited and we would not hesitate to return once again ourselves.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank ifif
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Everything you've read in other reviews is true. The good and the bad. If it wasn't for the access to the Divi, I'd probably give 3 stars.

As you've read, the proximity to the beach is incredible, and the highlight of the resort. You are literally steps away. We never had a problem getting a lounge chair. The beach was never crowded. If you are a beach lover, you're going to be happy here. The pool, however, was always pretty crowded and people did get there very early to claim chairs.

Our room was in the 1300 block, which was a very central location. Close to the lobby bars, pool, and restaurants, and not far from the Divi, which was about 8-10 minute walk. Easy stroll along the beach or pedestrian path next to the main road. The hotel also provides shuttle service for those whose room might be a little farther away or don't care to walk. The Alhambra casino is just past the Divi. It's small, but something fun to do.

The room itself was adequate. Not a ton of extra space. Our room did have a shower door, and we heard that the resort is renovating many of the bathrooms and adding doors. The bathroom was a good size as well. The room was a little dated and might need some updating, but we traveled to Aruba for the weather and the beach, not to get hung up on the room decor.

We only ate at the Paparazzi restaurant at the Tamarijn and didn't like it. We come from an area that has good Italian food and maybe we're spoiled, but it just didn't do it for us. We ate at Red Parrot twice and found that to be much better. Good, not great. The food at the buffet was pretty standard - you can usually find something you like. It's nothing special, but it's a buffet. Don't expect gourmet food. You can also grab some snacks at Pizza De Tutti, the poolside bar. Again, keep your expectations in check.

You'll also have access to the Divi resort next door which is much nicer than the Tamarijn. The poolside area especially just looks like a very nice, upscale resort. The food at the Divi buffet is a step up from the Tamarijn, so we ate about half of our meals there. This is also where the spa is.

I'd agree with other reviews that say the staff is not very friendly. Some are, but most are not. I'm not sure if this is specific to the Tamarijn or it's just the Arubian people in general, but it was not the same experience that we had on other islands. It does get a little frustrating and detracts from the vacation experience.

We also did a half day bus tour with De Palm tours. It was called Discover Aruba, and was a good way to see the island. We visited a few sites, most notably the Natural Bridge and Baby Beach. It was a nice tour, would recommend.

Overall, go to the Tamarijn for the beach. Besides that, there really isn't much special about it. But the beach is great, and that's a big reason why you're going to an island, so that carries a lot of weight.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EKWest
Reviewed 7 April 2014 via mobile

I have been to 4 different Carribbean Islands and the Tam was the biggest let down. I am very easy to please and I will say my family made the best of this experience. We stayed for 8 days and did 2 off site excursions.
Upon arrival everything was fine. The room is as small as you can imagine. Just big enough to fit the dressers and beds along with a small bathroom. As many people said the showers run water onto the floor. The maid service is poor. The bar of soap needed to be replaced daily which I had to request numerous times. Many other small details but that was not going to bother our vacation.
The service at this resort was the biggest issue. I look back and say it's not their fault it's management. If almost every employee has a who cares attitude then that is from a poor operated resort. We wanted to go on 2 excursions. I spent many hours researching thru sites and recommendations mainly on trip advisor. The resort only pushes Depalm excursions. I asked about the Abc Safari and they said it's no good. I did my homework and listened to their other tour options. I then said we would like to do the tour thru Abc Safari and asked if this could be booked. I was told no you can go and book it yourself from your room. What? Yes I'll pay for booking the excursion from my room. Anyway we went on the tour and had an amazing time. We wanted to do a horseback tour also and I went with LaPonderosa which was great as well. Depalm has a horseback tour but after the ignorance I was not booking thru them. My family had such a great experience on both tours and would recommend these to anyone interested in fun tours of the island.
The food is ok like most islands. We ate at every restaurant between both resorts and would say not great but not bad. I do think Red Parrot is a bit overrated.
The bar tenders are as slow as you can get. We did tip about 80 percent of the time and I am not sure why. Bad attitudes and act like they don't want to be there. My 12 year old got served alcohol in her strawberry Dacari twice. It was caught and spoken about but they acted like who cares and no apology at all. The bar smells so bad and if you look it is so dirty.
I will close by saying this hotel has potential if the employees were able to realize we are the reason they have jobs. We all work hard and have choices on were to stay and spend out money. I would not recommend this resort as you have more options.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank tanknstar
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#3 of 6 in Oranjestad
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#9 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
Hotel Riu Palace Aruba
#16 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!