We just returned last week from a wonderful stay at the Tamarijn. I traveled with my husband and children ages 10 and 7. The resort was full, yet we never felt like it was crowded. We ate at all the restaurants, except Palm Grill. Just looked too darn hot to be sitting at a cook top table with no air conditioning! Though, another couple claimed it was wonderful. All the restaurants were very nice. Nothing extraordinary, but nice. Our room was just as expected, small but it worked just fine. We were in room 1904, right past the bunker bar. It was very quiet which we appreciated. The ocean, a stones through off the balcony. Shower door was installed and worked fine. No complaints. We visited the high rise section when boarding the Jolly Pirate cruise - yikers! Wall to wall people. Roped off swim areas. Music pumping. If you were a teen or young adult who likes to party, this may be your spot. But, for a family who is looking for a more private experience, the Tamarjin is it. Even when sitting/lying on the beach, you were never closer than 30 -40 feet to anyone else. That was very nice. The pool was just fine for us. Nothing fancy, but certainly large enough. The transport between the two resorts worked quite well. We never waited longer than 10 mins. Most all the staff we encountered were very pleasant. We always made sure to leave tips at the buffet, bar, golf cart transport, maid, etc. Please folks, bring an extra $100 to leave some tips for these hard workers. Also, and I have to get this in, if you have kids, please pick up after yourselves. It was very disturbing to see large tables at the buffet let their kids rip up napkins and bread, spill all over, and leave everything on the floor for staff to clean up....and yet, not even leave a tip. Kills me.
Make sure to ask for ice cream from the Pizza bar. They have wonderful little ice cream cups in a variety of flavors that were quite good. I enjoyed the Balashi beer and all the drinks. The food at the Pizza bar was very good.
Overall a wonderful, relaxing place. If you are deciding between the Tamarjin and the high rise area, keep in mind, you will be on top of others at the other resorts. The Tamarjin is really perfect. You can be as social or non-social as you like. Most guests were very friendly. Many return year after year which says a lot!
The only thing I would love to see down the road is more seafood. Even if the Pizza bar offered a grouper sandwich or something at a premium. That would have been wonderful!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, West Indies, Agoda, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Hotel Tamarijn