“Honeymoon of a lifetime...”

Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Oranjestad
Watford, United Kingdom
“Honeymoon of a lifetime...”
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My Husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2013 for 14 nights for our honeymoon.
After a long flight we were glad to be at the hotel quickly - the transfer is not very long at all. We were greeted by staff with cold water and cold towels. This was fantastic as the weather was very hot and humid.
We were advised of the Mosquitos in Aruba but rest assured there are not as many as people think. We did use bug spray and had a plug-in in our room but we do this even for holidays in Europe. The reps sell bands for your wrist or ankles that last for 1 week and are approx. $10 each. We had these for both weeks and we did not get bitten once.
The Tam and the Divi have a very relaxed feel about them in the evenings. We preferred the Tam during the day as we thought the pool area at the Divi was a bit pretentious. We walked along the beach every evening around 5pm from the Tam to the Divi to visit the little rocks they had with huge craps on them.
The snorkelling at the hotel was amazing. Saw lots of marine life. The excursions we booked through Thomson as we do this every holiday. We went to Baby Back Beach and also did the Jeep Safari's. There was a few more but unfortunately I cannot remember.
The island itself is extremely safe and you can walk around at night without feeling threatened in any way!
The beach is THE BEST beach I have ever seen in my life so far and I have done a lot of travelling. The food was to die for. The Italian ( Paparazzi) was my favourite and we are there 6 nights out of the 14.
The Divi's Buffet restaurant was nicer then the tams as it was being refurbished while we were there so we tended to walk down there for lunch and dinner. Tams may have been updated since we was there but it was still nice enough for Breakfast. Food is the same in both.
This was our first time in Aruba and we are planning to go back to the Tam next year.
Do not hesitate to book here or be put off by the negative reviews people have written - they must have been staying somewhere different from where we were staying.

Room Tip: Block 22 has amazing views at sunset. Try and get the 1st Floor. The rooms at the Tam are much b...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Dominiqueware1988

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (999)
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

After reading bad review after bad review, I was absolutely DREADING going to the Tamarijn for my first long haul holiday. We stayed between 12th -19th August.

The Dreamliner was fantastic, but longer than the advertised 8 hours 20 in the Thomson brochure at 9 hours 30 airtime. Although I hate take off's, we were up and away and I started to relax by watching some films.

We arrived at Aruba and the heat hit us straight away! We were waiting for our bus to pick us up and like others have previously said, we checked into the hotel at the airport, receiving our wristbands and room keys etc. The journey to the hotel was literally 10 minutes and were greeted by ice cold minted face cloths and a chilled bottle of water on our arrival at the Tam - this was much appreciated as we were now on our 33rd hour of being awake! As we were walking towards our room, we were welcomed by numerous members of staff - all saying hello to us and giving us hints about seeing the sunsets. We couldn't believe this was the same place that had been described as having 'rude' staff?! As we walked into our ground floor room, opened the curtains, and looked out past our terrace towards the stunning turquoise waters and white sand, we knew we were in for a week at paradise.

Room
We had two queen sized beds, newly refurbished bathroom with shower and the BEST air conditioning ever :) the maids did a fantastic job of keeping our room perfect, which wasn't easy as the sand always made it's way into the room. We tipped on the first and last day. We were in block 1300 - close enough to bars and entertainment and quiet enough to sleep when everyone is still partying!

Beach
This is what makes the Tam. We brought water shoes, and after climbing over some large rocks (which protect the buildings and therefore NOT an eye saw) we were often the only two in the sea - absolutely bliss. We saw plenty of fish and pelicans - even flying fish jumping between me and boyfriend!

Restaurants
We mainly ate at the buffet. Having read some of the comments about lack of drinks/rude staff, I have to say that we did not experience anything like this and within 60 seconds of sitting down a waiter would fill our glasses with iced water and asked us what other drinks we would like - often bringing our replacements without being asked. Yes, there were sometimes birds flying into the restaurant but it's not the hotels fault that the birds fly in! they have nets up and who would want a wall being built which would stop the birds coming in, but also stop the stunning view of the sea and sunsets? Yes, there are also flies, and some food was open - just use your common sense and avoid food that is open, stick to the covered hot food/service area and you'll be fine.....who needs to be fussy...we are in the Caribbean!!!!

We ate at the Red Parrot one night - very nice but we didn't mind the buffet at the Tam at all so stayed there for the other nights.

The snack bar at the swimming pool do the best chicken nuggets and onion rings as well as a fab strawberry daiquiri and piña colada ;) staff were friendly and always appreciate tips which they pool into a jar. The main cocktail bar was absolutely lush :) we would sit here after our evening meal, wind blowing, steel band playing and generally enjoying our time away from home!

Dress code
Is very relaxed. I wore cropped trousers/smart tops most nights. I did attempt to wear a skirt one night but walked out of the door and the wind did a 'Marilyn Monroe' on me so I got changed!

The wind
Is absolute heaven! Without the wind, the heat would be too much. Ladies - don't worry about your hairstyle! I took hair clips and pins and wore mine up every night - and the wind still managed to unruffled of few hairs!

Shopping
I bought some tshirts ($20) each and a sundress ($45) from the on site shop....only to find that twice weekly stalls would set up in the evenings selling tshirts 2 for $20 and sundresses for $18!!! I wish I had waited!

Trips
We booked our trips via Karen, the first choice rep (fantastic lady!) we went on the baby beach jeep tour (full day) the UTV half day (brilliant!), snorkelling adventure (half day) and sunset sail.

After filling our days with so many activities we were ready for bed by 9pm every night - and after laughing about this with fellow guests, discovered that they were going to bed the same time too!

We thoroughly enjoyed our time here and wished we had booked 2 weeks in order to relax a bit more!

Although it may not be to everyone's taste, this was OUR perfect beach getaway and we were warmly welcomed to the island by everyone we met.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Sheepy78
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 25 August 2014

First time visiting Aruba. Our family was celebrating a retirement, college graduations and a 30th wedding anniversary. We wanted to do it right. We are beach people. Looking on line, I saw the buildings for the Tamarijn. Not knowing where in the world it was, I thought "that is where we want to be". We were not disappointed. The rooms are small, but they are comfortable, clean and modern with lots of storage space. Who comes to the beach to spend time in their room ..... not me! We stayed in the 1800 bldg near the Bunker Bar. Loved the idea of stepping a few steps and being at the beach. We did have rocks at our location, but a few feet to the left or right , was open sand. Beautiful sand and blue water! The Bunker Bar (shout out to Gabriel) played music which added to the party atmosphere and the bar closed at 7 p.m. so you did not have alot of noise all night. They do have security at night who check your doors to make sure they are locked. "The Tam is not a private beach and people do come onto the property" is what we were told. My husband's Nike tennis shoes and socks (someone really must have needed them!) went missing from porch the first day we were there, but we never saw any questionable people walking around at night. We felt safe. Food buffet was average to good ... you will not go hungry. You have numerous other restaurants to pick from with different menus. Our favorite was the Ginger at the Tam. The staff at the Tam were efficient and friendly. Check in was quick, they took the time to point out the points of interest on the Tam map. It was nice to be able to use the Divi area too. We took advantage of the water sports area .. snorkeling, kayaking, wind surfing which was between the Tam and Divi. The Tam had noddles and rafts to use in the ocean. Tam had entertainment both during the day (bingo, dance lessons) and nite. We also took 2 De Palms tour, the sail/snorkel and the natural pool jeep tour. Both were well worth it. Guides were very friendly and entertaining. It was a great way to see the island. We took a cab ($20 one way) to Hooiberg to climb the haystack. The driver, Fe Fe, gave us HER cell phone to call HER when we were ready to be picked up ... who does that? The cruise line ports were nearby as was downtown Oranjestad. You could walk into downtown using the sidewalks .. took me about 45 minutes one way. There were local markets selling souveniers. Casino was close to the Divi. You could go there to get free wifi. The casino was a 15 minute walk from the Tam or you could take a shuttle. Tam and Divi is not a place where you will find a group of young drinkers cussing and acting crazy .... it was mostly familes with younger/teen children and older/younger couples. The Tamarijn is definitely a place I will return to! Lots to do and explore! Weather is always perfect.

7 Thank Lynn S
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We spent 7 night s at the Tam in early August 2014. Two adults and two children shared a room which was tight but manageable since we didn't really spend that much time in the room anyway. As many others have mentioned, having beach front rooms is a great asset to this hotel. Each room looks out to the beautiful sea and the room is steps from the beach. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The staff at the hotel were all generally pleasant. We didn't come across anyone who wasn't cordial and many were actually very nice.

The bartenders poured great drinks and if more alcohol was desired, they happily made the drink stronger or made it over again. Actually during 7 nights and many trips to the bar, I think there was maybe 2 or 3 times I asked for more alcohol in the drink. Many bartenders recognized me and knew my drink before I even ordered. The liquor was top shelf but the wine selection was not great. It was a fine for a glass or two of wine with dinner but I generally drank rum, beer or vodka.

The beach was never crowded and getting a palapa was never an issue. The pool area has very little shade and that was a bit of a problem. Getting a lounger in the shade was a challenge at times. My kids spent a lot of time at the the pool otherwise I wouldn't have cared because I would much rather have been sitting on the beautiful beach anyway. The pool at the Divi was a bit nicer and is more spread out. I preferred the Divi pool to the Tam but it was easier for us to spend the day near our room at the Tam since we went back and forth to our room so often.

Meals were ok. During out last trip we liked the Red Parrot best but this trip Paparazzi was actually the one we liked best. The buffet had the standard breakfast options and basically the same lunch options each day. Some variety would have been nice. We had dinner one evening at the Divi buffet which we liked better than the Tam buffet, both the food and ambiance. The waiters at every restaurant were pleasant and were all very accommodating to our children We happily left nice tips after each meal. Bottom line, don't come here for the food but you won't starve and there are decent options at every meal.

The nightly entertainment was fine for us as we really just needed some music so the kids could dance (and us too) and a few drinks. We were in bed by 11:00pm each night. If I was single or without my kids, I would probably have been bored with the nightlife at the resort. Although you could easily spend an evening in Oranjestad or Palm Beach if you wanted to leave the resort.

Overall, we had a great stay. The hotel employees were all pleasant, the all inclusive is convenient with the kids and the beach is beautiful. The beach at the Tam had large stones along the entire shoreline (mostly) but as you walked toward the Divi it was all sand right to the water. This was our second family trip to Aruba and at the Tam. We would consider a third but I might choose the Divi next time. I definitely prefer the Tam/Divi over the high rise section on Palm Beach. When we went up there for a snorkeling trip, I was so happy to return to our beach at the Tam.

If you are looking for a relaxing, laid back all inclusive vacation this is a great choice. If you need large rooms with lots of amenities or if food is the priority for your trip, then do not choose this hotel.

4 Thank genionyc
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Before I begin, I should mention that I have traveled throughout the Caribbean. It is natural to want to compare this resort with others. On the way home I couldn't help but think that, I probably would of loved our time at the Tam, if it had been our first Caribbean trip, but it wasn't. Overall, it falls short when paired next to other resorts.

Check In: We were greeted with ice cold water and smiles. Check in was quick, and included a reminder that if we lost our TAM bracelet (that we were required to wear), there would be a $150.00 charge per bracelet. We booked through CheapCaribbean.com and requested a king bed, but we were only offered a room with 2 queens. Since we were for our 25th Anniversary, it was rather disappointing.

Staff: After reading many reviews about staff being rude, I must confess, I was bracing myself for cranky islander's. But that wasn't our experience at all. We found the majority of the staff friendly or very friendly. However, do not expect them to go out of their way, or cater to you at this resort.

Room: We knew from previous reviews to expect a small room-it is small. Really small. I would compare the style of the room to that of a Day's Inn/Comfort Inn. The bathroom was not big enough to have 2 people in it at the same time. It was recently updated, which was nicely done. However, they forgot to add shelves in the shower-there is no place to put your shampoo, soap, etc. Speaking of which, make sure you bring your toiletries-they do not give samples if you forget. The bathroom did not have an exhaust fan, but you can open a window if privacy isn't something you prize. The room had a sliding glass door that opens to a small patio which overlooks a beautiful beach. Even though we kept the door closed at night, you could hear the waves crashing. Loved that. We found the bed to be very comfortable, but disliked that the clean sheets had stains on them. Our phone didn't work, but that was quickly resolved with help from the front desk.

We stayed in room 2311, which was at the far end of the Tam resort. It was nice and quiet-that's the upside. However, it isn't close to ANYTHING (except the beach-lol). We signed out bikes (near the Tam Buffet) and used the Shuttles a lot. It was a huge inconvenience honestly, but we made it work.

Location: The resort is located in the low-rise section of Aruba. You can hop on the bus and be at Palm Beach or Oranjestad in 5 to 10 min.

The beach: The water is crystal clear, with beautiful shades of greens and blues. The waves were calm during our stay and the sand it mostly fine and white. I would recommend bringing water shoes-there are lots of rocks in spots, as previously mentioned. The beach is very narrow in sections (especially at the Tam), but there are lots of loungers and you shouldn't have a problem finding a spot to sun your buns! I would not plan on snorkeling at the Tam-you will be disappointed. For snorkeling, try Baby Beach (AWESOME). We didn't go, but we heard there is a good snorkeling spot near some rocks by the RUI.

The food: We felt the buffets (both the Tam and Divi) were just average. You will not go hungry....the buffets advertised different theme nights, but we didn't find much variety from night to night . We enjoyed the restaurants the most, especially the Red Parrot. The best meal we had in Aruba was at Window's. It was an outstanding dining experience-well worth the $35.00 charge per person. Because it was our anniversary, they brought us complimentary champagne and dessert. We also loved The Old Fisherman Restaurant (down the street from the main bus station). This restaurant is a favorite among the locals, and we can see why.

Bars: Some drinks were good, a couple very good. The rest, disappointing.

Shopping: We found the shoppes at the Divi to have a larger selection, and friendlier help.There is also great shopping downtown, and in Palm Beach.

Aruba: The island is basically a desert, there is sand, dust, cactus and iguanas everywhere. You will not find a tropical rain forest on the island, The North shore is raw, rocky, rugged, and naturally beautiful. I would recommend taking an excursion to explore it. We did a De Palm Off Road Jeep Tour-had a fantastic time. We also did the submarine adventure at Atlantis-while it was a unique experience, the snorkeling at Baby Beach showcased more marine life. If you want to get around Oranjestad and Palm Beach, the bus system is a very inexpensive way to do it- $2.30 a ride, per person. Aruba is very Americanized. The american dollar is accepted everywhere. You will find Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, McDonalds, etc. Perhaps some might like that-but we left America because we wanted a different cultural experience.

In closing, we would return to Aruba. It's rugged beauty is captivating. It's culture, lively and fun. Sadly, we probably will not stay at the Tam again. We spent much of our time there visiting the Divi-we might be willing give that a try. Don't get me wrong-we had a GREAT vacation, but found that we had to make a lot of adjustments and concessions that would not be required elsewhere.

Room Tip: Request a room close to the Divi if you have mobility issues.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank snorkelfam
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Before our trip to Aruba, my family and I were reading all the recent reviews on here. But to our utter horror, it was bad review after bad review. In the end, by the time our holiday date rolled round, we were dragging our heels to the airport. But, let me tell you, they couldn’t have been more wrong! We had an amazing time and enjoyed every second that we spend in Aruba.

Outside the hotel
We even felt comfortable enough to venture outside of the hotel, due to it being such an incredibly safe island. You can easily hop on a bus for $2.30 per person and take a ride to the Low Rise during the day and High Rise in the evenings. I highly recommend a trip to the High Rise, especially since it is a rare opportunity to explore a country in complete safety. At the High Rise you can watch free shows (which are fab!) and browse the shops. But be sure to wear some form of bug repellent, thought. We didn’t have any problems elsewhere, but unfortunately some nasty mosquitoes did find us, while we wandered round in the evening. Also, we found that the High Rise was cheaper than most other places, so if you want to buy some souvenirs, then that’s your best bet. The evening entertainment at the hotel isn’t exactly riveting, not going to lie, so I would advise you to take a trip up there instead. However, saying that, the hotel’s entertainment is not horrendous by any means. There is some nice live music, dancers and once we saw a man doing fire limbo! Just don’t go expecting a Las Vegas show…
At the Low Rise there are two huge supermarkets, which are actually just walking distance from the hotel. They stock a wide variety of food, drink and toiletries. It is a pleasant walk and you can just have a wander rounding, lapping up the cold AC. Down a bit further is Wendy’s, Cinnabon and an ice cream shop. Cinnabon has free wifi, which is REALLY strong; so, you could do what we did, pop into good ol’ Cinnabon, and sit in there with your phone in one hand and a tasty bun in the other. The Low Rise is at its best during the day, but be warned because it’s HOT! Make sure to go with a cap and bottle of water in tow, you will be needing ‘em…

Room
Our room was 1210 and the location couldn’t have been more perfect! It was the last building in the Tam, and so right next to the Divi. This was extremely convenient for us, as we spent every day in the Divi, which was literally right next door. I would say that the Divi’s beach, bar and buffet were far better than what the Tam had to offer, but more on that later. We had four people to a room, which I will admit, was a tight squeeze. Although, we wasn’t that bothered because to us a room was just a place to sleep and shower. Talking of which, the shower was super and the beds were über comfortable! There was also Disney Channel and CNN, which was fun to watch while getting ready. (One night Mean Girls 2 was on CNN.) There was a fridge which was empty and did pong quite a bit. Like wise, the wardrobe didn’t smell too fresh. You will notice, I said wardrobe in singular, because yes there was just one. Not ideal for sharing among four people, three of whom are girls, need I say anymore? There was a chest of drawers too, so we did manage. The AC in the room was phenomenal, the fan likewise. The maid was excellent, she done an outstanding job everyday! All without money incentive, I might add, as we tipped her just before we went home. We were given more than enough towels as well, which was appreciated.

Beach
Now as I touched on before, the Divi beach is the best; there is less rocks and more sand. Sadly erosion on the Tam side has cause the coastline to retreat and there isn’t much sand left. It isn’t an issue if you don’t mind a 5 minute walk to the Divi, which we done everyday. We even used to walk to and throw from the Divi beach and our Tam room, multiple times a day, in fact. Also, the service at Divi bars was quicker as there were less people (but the fruit punch was nicer at the Tam). The only annoying thing that we found at the Divi was that, in the mornings the toilets were closed in order to be cleaned, for quite a long period of time. It was quicker in the end to walk back to our room in the Tam and go there.
The sea was very clean and not too salty, the waves were fun too. We were up at 7am to get our same location on the beach everyday, and we successfully secured it 13/14 days we were there. The pools were really busy and there was no shade, so we spend our holiday by the sea instead. Although, in the Divi there is one pool with a Jacuzzi in, that was definitely the best pool, due to it being far less busy and much more clean. Additionally, I cannot recommend wind surfing enough! It is free and all you have to do is sign up at 9am on the beach at the water sports centre and then go back at 10.30am for the lesson. It lasts an hour and a half, but you can just leave after your turn. Wind surfing does require a certain amount of balance but it is so fun, you have to try it! A safety boat stays with you and if you drift out too far, they bring you back in the boat (I was taken back in the boat both times I windsurfed, but hey freebie boat ride!)

The food and drink there was outstanding! The range was very impressive. (Side note: The Divi buffet is better than the Tam. The Divi’s is much bigger thus; a wider range of food. The Divi’s buffet was inside with AC, whereas the Tam’s was outside and so much hotter. It was very hot, therefore while eating, AC is quite necessary.) At breakfast there are waffles, pancakes, French toast, eggs, bacon, sausages, cereal, bread, yoghurt, melon and pineapple. On the table was a flask of coffee, which was a very nice touch, so we didn’t have to wait/ask for it and could refill for ourselves. The coffee wasn’t the most delicious thing ever, but was OK. Also, there are a few coffee machines scattered around, that are switched on 24/7, and the coffee from here is better than at the buffet. Furthermore, in the morning if you want a chocolate milk or hot chocolate, squeeze some of the Hersey’s chocolate sauce into the bottom of your mug and top up with either the hot or cold milk, then stir and add squirt of cream on top. At lunch there are pennies, chips, burgers, wraps, rolls, pita breads, pasta, rice, vegetables, bananas, oranges, apples. At dinner there is salad, pasta salads, Doritos, cakes, cookies, mousse etc… Breakfast and lunch were the best, but dinner was still great! At the snack bar, they had the cutest single serving pots of homemade ice cream, in the flavours: cookies and cream (my fav), strawberry, chocolate, vanilla, chocolate chip, pistachio, caramel and mango sorbet, we ate a pot everyday at 3pm. At the snack bar there were also, pennies, French baguettes, chips, chicken nuggets. Thin and thick crust pizzas were made to order from scratch and then cooked traditionally in an open fire, they were so yummy. While we are talking about food, if you walk just next door from the hotel (5 minute walk), there is a Dunkin Doughnuts and Subway. I recommend the chocolate crème filled doughnut from Dunkin. They are a very reasonable price too, about a dollar each (plus, if you buy 3 then you get 1 free).
Out of the four a la carts, the red parrot was my favourite and so we went there twice. I can recommend the spinach ravioli for starter, coconut shrimp for main and caramel fondant for desert. Also, you are given a tomato roll before your starter, which is delicious. My family loved the grill, as they could cook the meat as desired, plus it was piping hot. Talking of which, the food at the Asian was just lukewarm. I’m not sure if it was meant to be that way, but I wasn’t fond. Although, the spice cake for dessert was nice. The Italian was alright as well. I think it is worth giving all the a la carts a go, because none are awful and everyone has different tastes, so you may like something I didn’t. It is nice to be served for a change and is more formal than the buffet, which makes for an enjoyable evening. Finally, I didn’t feel it necessary to leave a tip at the a la carts, as they weren’t really interested and quite happy enough. In fact, unlike most holidays we have been on, tips were not obituary, in order to be served well. None of the staff were miserable and desperately needed to be on suicide watch (contrary to what some other reviews have suggested) and were happy to serve efficiently without the probe of a back hander.

Drinks
Moving onto drinks, right off the bat, I will tell you that the cocktails are VERY strong. The pina colada, strawberry daiquiri and banana smoothie are the only blended drinks they do. There are no slushy machines; instead the blended drinks are made in a blender and with real fruit (which I prefer). The lemonade is very concentrated but quite refreshing, the diet coke didn’t really taste like real diet coke for some reason (could just be me though) and my favourite drink was the fruit punch. A rather big disadvantage of the bars was that they opened at 11am. This is far too late in my opinion, especially since we were up at 7am and finished breakfast by 8am. Each day we would have 3 hours of drinking just water until the bar finally opened and we could get a decent drink. Considering it is an all inclusive holiday, you basically go the whole morning without a bar, which is unacceptable.

Weather
The weather is VERY VERY HOT! It was 38c at one point! People often mention the wind and I agree there is wind, but it is not strong enough to cover up the heat, you still know that it is HOOOOOT! Regardless to the fact I was wearing sun cream, I still burnt. I don’t think I have ever had such bad burns either, they usually heel in a few days, but they still haven’t healed now (two weeks later). I suggest factor 50 and a nice bit of shade bathing. Also, you have to take dips in the sea to cool your body temperature down; the sea is very cool which is much needed in the blistering heat.

Secret top tips
Finally, if you have managed to read this far, then I shall give you some super top tips!
1.) Don’t bother with a European plug because they do not fit, you need a converter to make them American/Canadian.
2.) At the Tam there are scales to weigh your suitcases on before you leave.
3.) There are complementary showers and changing rooms in the Tam, which are handy to use on your departure day, after checking out of your room. This way you are able to chill in the sea, and make the most of your last day.
4.) Bring pegs to clip down your towels on the beach, (this stops you having to make the embarrassing dash across the beach trying to chase it). You can and use the pegs to clip your bikinis on the balcony to dry, as well.
5.) Finally you can check out the day before, which gives you more time on your final day, to relax.
Have an amazing time in Aruba, I’m sure you will, make sure to have a margarita thick crust pizza and fruit punch for me! Thank you for reading! Thumbs up if you found this helpful, pretty please!

Candour Olivia xx

56 Thank Candour_Olivia
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We went to Tamarijn more than 2 years ago and this review is way overdue! Since we just got back from Mexico, I am in the mood to write reviews :) The rooms are ok, restaurants decent. The best part was the beach front room. We got the room on the ground level, and nothing more convenient than that when you have young kids. We stayed here for 4 night, I wouldn't stay any longer though as food starts to get boring.
Overall a good value in Aruba!

Room Tip: Ask for bottom floor room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
Divi Aruba All Inclusive
#2 of 6 in Oranjestad
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,689 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,952 reviews
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellari...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,361 reviews

Been to Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive? Share your experiences!