My Husband and I stayed at this hotel in October 2013 for 14 nights for our honeymoon.
After a long flight we were glad to be at the hotel quickly - the transfer is not very long at all. We were greeted by staff with cold water and cold towels. This was fantastic as the weather was very hot and humid.
We were advised of the Mosquitos in Aruba but rest assured there are not as many as people think. We did use bug spray and had a plug-in in our room but we do this even for holidays in Europe. The reps sell bands for your wrist or ankles that last for 1 week and are approx. $10 each. We had these for both weeks and we did not get bitten once.
The Tam and the Divi have a very relaxed feel about them in the evenings. We preferred the Tam during the day as we thought the pool area at the Divi was a bit pretentious. We walked along the beach every evening around 5pm from the Tam to the Divi to visit the little rocks they had with huge craps on them.
The snorkelling at the hotel was amazing. Saw lots of marine life. The excursions we booked through Thomson as we do this every holiday. We went to Baby Back Beach and also did the Jeep Safari's. There was a few more but unfortunately I cannot remember.
The island itself is extremely safe and you can walk around at night without feeling threatened in any way!
The beach is THE BEST beach I have ever seen in my life so far and I have done a lot of travelling. The food was to die for. The Italian ( Paparazzi) was my favourite and we are there 6 nights out of the 14.
The Divi's Buffet restaurant was nicer then the tams as it was being refurbished while we were there so we tended to walk down there for lunch and dinner. Tams may have been updated since we was there but it was still nice enough for Breakfast. Food is the same in both.
This was our first time in Aruba and we are planning to go back to the Tam next year.
Do not hesitate to book here or be put off by the negative reviews people have written - they must have been staying somewhere different from where we were staying.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Traveltool, S.L.U., West Indies, TravelUp, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel