This isn't a bad place, it's just unexceptional and too expensive. For $400/night, I expect better.
- Our room was very small. With a small bathroom, small dresser, small fridge, small TV... get the idea? That would be OK at half the price, but not $400/night. Could have used more lights, and the shower temperature was very temperamental, I never knew what I'd get, even minute to minute. Maids did a good job. The a/c worked great, thank goodness.
- The balcony was very nice, great view, though there is no privacy from all the other balconies.
- The safe (for a few $ per night) was ludicrously placed under the sink. We had a 12-year-old to crawl around down there for us, you may not be so lucky.
- The many pools within the resort were very nice. Kept clean, not too crowded, lots of friendly iguanas to talk to.
- Shuttles to get around the large grounds were nice, since you could always call ahead to get one sent out to you, they'd come within 5 minutes.
- Entertainment was pretty lousy. Maybe I'm just an old fogie, but all this pre-recorded music is lame, it'd be so much better to hear an actual band playing actual music. If there was any of that, I missed it.
- I don't think it was part of the resort per se, but in any case, the nearby Alhambra Casino was small but nice.
- Somewhat of a disappointment generally -- again, this is in the context of $400/night -- was the food. I'll go a bit more in depth on this, since I'm something of a foodie:
The main restaurants:
* Red Parrot (Caribbean food) was very good. Items ranged from decent to really tasty. This was definitely the standout restaurant. Things we liked best were the grouper, thai soup & arugula, cheese cake, and even beef tenderloins (Aruban cows?).
* Palm Grill was pretty good, you got to grill your own food, which was a first -- weird but kinda fun. Best were the shrimp, grouper, and salmon.
* Paparazzi was decent, we liked the calamari, shrimp, grouper, and desserts.
* Ginger (Asian) was not good. We tried 5 or 6 items, ranged from fair to bad. The chicken curry was especially lamentable.
Service at these places was good, nothing special.
Buffets et al.:
* Cunucu really wasn't very good. Even by the low standards of buffet, there was a lot of plain/tasteless stuff.
* Blue Pelican was usually much better, though still nothing to write home about.
* Pizza Per Tutti, the poolside bar, was definitely your best bet, oddly enough. Many good pizzas and sandwiches.
Service at these places was pretty bad.
So there you have it. Small accommodations, adequate but generally uninspiring food, and a big hit on your bank account. There's gotta be better than this out there.
[Plz, thumbs up if this review was helpful to you.]
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel