With my wife and 10 year old son we stayed 10 nights at Tamarijn last summer and are planning to go there again this summer. The greatest attraction that Tamarijn has to offer is its beach-front rooms with proximity to the amazingly beautiful Caribbean Sea and a fantastic wide beach between Divi and Tamarijn that is always uncrowded. For easy access it helps to stay in one of the three lower numbered buildings between Tamarijn's main public areas and towards the climbing wall. Many have said this is one of the finest Caribbean beaches and I agree. We liked how concentrated the main public areas are in Tamarijn, allowing our son to roam freely between the room, the pool, the ice-cream machine, snack bar. Food was quite good with enough variety. The "cheeky birds" at breakfast bar were at the ready to land on your table after you left the table. I guess that is expected if you eat practically on the beach, which we loved. For dinner Red Parrot at Divi was the best, loved the outside seating. Keep in mind that if you dine outside right at sunset, the pesky flies come out. After dark they're no more. Another great aspect of Tam is being able to use the public areas (beach, pools, restaurants) at Divi, day at night. You get to Divi taking a golf cart shuttle (2 mins) or walk on the beach (5-7 mins). The pool and atrium lounge area is bigger and nicer at Divi, however, going back to beachfront rooms at Tam, that is simply unparalleled. And my 2 cents about what to do in Aruba: we had a blast renting a Jeep (we found the best price right at Tam from Hertz, they have a kiosk there) for a day and driving from the California Lighthouse along the Northeastern Atlantic coast, visiting Arikok National park with its caves, all the way down south to Baby Beach. We spent one day at De Palms Island, which was a great experience. If you snorkel, don't miss a guided snorkeling tour offered twice a day there. My 10 year old (he is a good swimmer) did well snorkeling for about 30 minutes some 200 ft from the shore over the drop-off area. In conclusion: I am having a hard time finding another AI resort with similar features as what Tam offers and that is the reason we are going back there this summer and can't wait to do so. For a perfectly comfortable family vacation in friendly and relaxed resort surrounded by breathtaking scenery, Tamarijn it is.
More of my photos on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/pikmin/sets/72157624649162206/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Easy Market Spa, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Hotel Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel