My partner and I just spent a wonderful week in Aruba at the Tamarijn and I wanted to take a minute to write about our experience. The Tamarijn is an all inclusive resort sitting on the beach, literally 100 yds to the azure waters of the ocean. The beach is white powder soft sand and the water is clear gorgeous blue, really the best beach on the island in my opinion. We stayed in building 12 (1208) and was very happy with our location. We had two queen beds (very very comfortable) an average bath with tub/shower and as we were on the second floor we had a balcony. A few things to note:
1. There is a wooden boardwalk along the beach in front of the property which allows for easy walking to and from the central restaurants, pool and lobby.
2.The resort shares amenities with the Divi resort next door and offers a shuttle to/from the property
3. 5 nice dining restaurants that require reservations which we never had a problem reserving. Paparazzi offers the complete fine dining experience and the BEST lasagna I have ever eaten!
4. Staff is very very friendly and accommodating
5.City bus stop in front of hotel (2.50 pp round trip to/from downtown or high rise area)
I would rate this hotel a 3.5 or 4 stars. Overall, although you can see some wear and tear in the property in the form of wood erosion and bathroom fixtures, you can also see that it has been well cared for and what it lacks in appearance is made up for in a friendly staff and a beautiful beach and view. The only thing that I personally found bothersome but It didn't appear to bother any of the other patrons was the constant music at the single resort pool (the condos in the rear of the hotel also have one but I don't think we are supposed to use it) which began at 9am and was played until late in the evening. It was sometimes difficult to read while sitting in the chairs around the pool area when seeking shade or the comfort of the nicer lounge chairs.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All oceanfront rooms on the mile-long beach make this lively resort the perfect choice for beach lovers. The Tamarijn Aruba is Aruba's hot spot on the beach where the fun never stops. There's plenty of activity day and night. Learn to windsurf, ride a bike on the boardwalk or climb the 30-foot rock climbing wall right on the sand. Kayaking and snorkeling are just steps from the rooms. When the sun goes down, the fun begins with lively music around the pool and theme shows. Or try your luck at the Alhambra Casino nearby. All Inclusive Amenities: • 10 Restaurants and grills • 8 Bars with daily drink specials • 4 Freshwater pools • Non-motorized water sports • Divi Winds Sports Center with fitness center • Bikes, beach volleyball, tennis clinic • Weekly water aerobics, yoga and Zumba classes • Lighted tennis courts • Nightly entertainment with theme nights • 30ft Rock climbing wall on the beach • Daily activities • Kids Fun Club for ages 5 - 12 • Free Wi-Fi throughout property ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, West Indies, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive Hotel Oranjestad
- Aruba Tamarijn
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Hotel
- Tamarijn Aruba Beach Resort
- Hotel Tamarijn