“Delightfully Terrifying”

US$78.00*
Jeep Discovery Tour with Natural Pool Swim
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Kini Kini Transfer and Tours is a family owned business since 2004. We expertise in private transportation and personalized tours around the island.
Reviewed 8 September 2011

Sorry this is long. I hate long reviews, but I wanted to be thorough :)

Experience:
I liked it. The views on the trip were amazing. I am not a desert person at all, but even I loved the view as we drove across the desert and could see the ocean in the background. The swim at the natural pool was nice. The crabs scared me a little bit but if they don’t bother you, you’ll have fun.
I would recommend this. A great adventure trip.

Weather:
I was there in the second week of august 2011. We went on the afternoon trip. I was nervous that it might be too hot but with how fast you are going, the wind keeps you cool.
Half Day or Full Day:
We went on the half a day trip, which I also recommend. I think a whole day would have been a bit much. My boyfriend and I were both in our 20s and healthy people and we were tired by the end of it.

Scary Factor:
As far as dangerous, yes, it was scary. And I wasn’t even the one driving. My boyfriend drives a motorcycle and so I felt confident with him, until he told me that he was scared for a good part of the trip too. I think anyone that hasn’t done any ATV would be but I still wouldn’t let that discourage you. Just be prepared for a scary ride and maybe wear pants just in case you crash into a cactus. We almost did 3 times.
There is really only one truly terrifying moment. And that is right after visiting the natural pool. You have to go over this rock. We made it half way and then started rolling backward. I definitely could see how past reviewers could have fallen backward with the ATV on top of them. I think if this worries you, just have the tour guide drive it up while you walk along side. That’s what the other couple did after they saw us lol. I don’t blame them.

Double vs Single Rider:
I rode double and was on back and it still was a ton of fun. I was nervous that I would not be able to drive well enough since people said it was dangerous, but at the same time I thought it would not be as fun if I was on back. But I was wrong. I think it’s a good compromise if you want an adventurous ATV trip, but are apprehensive about the danger of Kini kini. Also, if you are riding on back try to scoot up or else the hat holders on the back of the atv will bang into your thighs. I was pretty banged up by the end of the ride.

Public vs Private Tour:
I would recommend a public tour. My boyfriend and I and another couple were the only ones there. So the ride could be customized to what we needed. For example, one of the people from the other couple was driving very slowly and was really slowing the rest of us down. At our first stop, some people from kini kini met us there with a double rider so that the couple could ride together. That way we were able to go much faster and see more.
It was also kind of nice having the other couple because while they chatted with Poncho (Our guide), my boyfriend and I could look around and enjoy things on our own. Poncho likes to chat.

1  Thank jjkitty

Reviewed 31 August 2011

The half day ATV tour was awesome. Pancho was our guide and he was great! There was only four of us on the tour, each one on our own ATV. Out of all of the things we did in Aruba, we had the most fun with this one. We got to see the other side of Aruba away from the hotel zone. Next time we go back to Aruba, we will be doing this again and requesting Pancho.

1  Thank ktandrew
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Our family of five were led on the best ATV tour by Pancho on July 29, 2011. It was the highlite of our trip to Aruba. The sites were incredible and Pancho was very attentive and knowledgable! There was some rough terrain but Pancho led us through one by one and we never felt unsafe! I highly recommend this tour!!

3  Thank Tracystefano
Reviewed 26 July 2011

We took a full day ATV tour with Ivo last week and I still can't stop talking about it. My husband and I found it to be BY FAR our favorite part of our trip. I rode on the back on of a double rider because I have driven 4wheelers and snowmobiles, etc and I wasn't comfortable with riding one for longer than an hour or two... Looking back now I probably could have driven one on my own. The reviews make the terrain sound impossible but it most certainly wasn't like that at all.. it was nothing but fun and easy. DEF bring a backpack we strapped ours to the ATV and brought a towel, camera, and sunscreen.

IVO was awesome... we miss that guy already. We learned a lot and had a blast. Our favorite part was exploring the caves. Something you can only do on a full day tour and SO worth it! AND our lunch they provided was delicious! My husband doesn't like plantains but Boca Prins surprised him that day. The most delicious plantains ever! YUM!

We def recommend this company they were wonderful and if anyone has any questions, feel free to write and ask! TOPS!

1  Thank jupiter4jackie
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We did a lot of research before we choose Kini Kini for our ATV tour. They had the best reviews and there were no complaints about problems with the bikes. We went on a Monday ATV tour with Ivo. The group was small just 6 people. The tour starts at the chapel, then the gold mine, baby natural bridge and lastly natural pool. The ride is pretty easy until the last leg to the natural pool but it was totally worth it. Ivo actually guided us one by one through the roughest parts. It was a great trip. Thank you Ivo. Hope you get that raise.