“Only dive op to dive with in Aruba!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving Tour Operator
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Only dive op to dive with in Aruba!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013 via mobile

I can't say enough good things about Native Divers in Aruba and owner Romeo. They saved our vacation! We dove the first day w Red Sails and it was absolutely awful. We were just like cattle that they herded on and off the boat. They couldn't care less about us, didn't even help get our bags on and off the boat and it was all about staying on their schedule. I could say more about them but I will refrain from doing so here.

I found Native Divers through Trip Advisor. I called Romeo who immediately was ready to serve. He said he would pick us up via boat on the beach at our hotel at whatever time we wished and he would work around our level and desires on which dive sites we'd go to. I am an advanced diver w 200 dives and my husband is open water with about 40.

Again, can't say enough good things. We saw twice as much marine life on the reefs that Native took us to compared to the day before w Red Sails and dive instructor Mike worked w my husband on a few problems he had w buoyancy and whatnot.

Back on the boat we had great conversation when going to the next dive site as Romeo treated us to plenty of fruit and a cooler full of drinks (Red Sails offered tap water from a cooler).

Second dive was better than the first! Mike spotted several eels for us and even an octopus!

We never felt rushed and immensely enjoyed the dives. We hugged when leaving the boat today and we booked five more dives with them over the next two days.

Book w Native if you are going to Aruba. You cannot go wrong!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Divediva007

Middlebury
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Love the personal service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2013

I've been diving since 1972, and was recertified in 2005. Diving in Aruba is great fun, and not too challenging. To me, Native Divers is an ideal operation to dive with. The owner picks you up at your hotel, and yes, he's usually late, but, hey, it's vacation time! The equipment is first rate. The boat, they have two, but the boat I prefer is the smaller boat that they take off the North part of the island. It's easy to roll off which I like better than going off a platform. Romeo is the owner and dive master. After he picks everyone up, he lets you know where your diving. His English is perfect, as is his Spanish, Dutch, German, and a host of other languages. The best part about Native Divers is because it's a small operation, you can dive as long as you have air --if someone is using air quicker, no problem, they go back to the boat and you continue your dive. I really appreciate that. I am very light in air consumption ---I really dislike having to go back to the boat with half a tank full because one diver used up his air quickly.

One diver on the boat was complaining about the lateness of the pick up --Romeo was about 15 min late getting to the hotel to pick up the diver and his daughter --but on the other hand, we dove until we were done --no schedule really. Another guy on the boat had a similar complaint that he had to be back at a certain time to meet his wife on the beach --but I guess I kind of like the laid back "island time" --

Reaching Native Divers is easy by phone --call the numbers on the web site --but in all the years I've been diving with Native Divers, I must say I've never gotten an email from them in response to mine. But as I say, they answer the phone themselves.

Romeo and his partner Vanessa run a good, fun dive boat.

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Shelby W
Belle River
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Go see Vanessa”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012

Vanessa runs the beach hut for Native Divers and will book any watersports you need. She is a native Arubian and a wonderful woman who goes out of her way to treat tourists like family. We were in Aruba staying at the Marriot Surf Club and met Vanessa that week, who treated us like family. She goes out of her way to help and would highly recommend if you are staying at the Marriott Surf or Ocean Club to book your watersports through Native Divers and Vanessa.

Thanks for all you wonderful companionship Vanessa, from Patty and Laura from Canada.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank laura015
NJ
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Very very disappointing. Service has really gone downhill.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

I dove with Romeo of Native Divers 2 or 3 years ago and had a great time. He was a lot of fun. So I was looking forward to diving with him this time. I e-mailed before my trip, and also called him to reserve Friday and Saturday of Thanksgiving week.

When I arrived in Aruba Wednesday, I walked over to their tent on the sand in front of the Marriott Surf. The woman used her cell phone to connect me with Romeo, and I confirmed the Friday dive. However, he told me he wasn't sure about the Saturday dive and would have to let me know.

When I arrived Friday, I was put on a small boat with 2 other divers and 2 crewmen. Romeo said hello and good bye - he didn't go with us. I was also expecting to be on the new boat pictured on his website - no. It might have been in the shop, which is understandable. Also, they gave me a gauge that was in barrs. I had to ask them to explain it to me, as I had never dove with this type of gauge.

But there were some serious problems, as noted below:
1.No one ever asked to see my C-Card, (which proves that I'm a certified diver). No one asked about my experience level or when my most recent dive was. How did they know if I was certified? How did they know I wasn't a brand new resort course diver with no experience?
2.The other 2 divers were experienced and had been diving several days with Native Divers. The 3 of us went down with one of the crew while the other stayed with the boat. No problem so far. But, after less than 45 minutes, the dive guide signalled to the 3 of us that we had to go up.
Why? We had not gone very deep, so that wasn't the problem. We definitely were well within safety limits (we all had computers) and had plenty of safe time left, even for repetitive diving. I checked my air - I had at least 1200 pounds of air left! When we went back to the boat, I spoke to the other 2 divers - they also had a lot of air left. Why did we have to go up so early??? No good reason except that the dive guide was bored, lazy, or whatever.
3.Second dive - we went to a very crowded area. We had to thread our way between several other boats and snorkelers. When they saw it was this busy, they should have gone to a different dive site that wasn't so crowded.
4.When we got back, I went back to the tent by the Marriott Surf. The woman again called Romeo for me and I spoke to him. I asked what was the story with Saturday (the next day). Did he have to cancel my confirmed reservation? Did I have to make last minute arrangements with another dive operator (if I could get a reservation on a busy week)? He didn't know, but PROMISED me he would leave a message at my hotel by 8 pm Friday night. This was not fair to me as I only had a very limited number of days I could dive and this wouldn't give me much notice to make other arrangements. I again wrote down my hotel name and room number so he could call me.
5.Of course, you can guess what happened. He never called me to let me know about the Saturday dive (which I had reserved and confirmed several weeks prior). No phone call at 8 pm, 10 pm, or even waiting for me the next morning.
Fortunately, I had already spoken with Clive (from Dive Aruba) and I knew he had 1 opening available. I called Clive at 7:30 am Saturday and he picked me up and took me on a nice dive.

Romeo - I hope you read this. Customer service is very important in the tourism industry. I don't need someone to kiss my hand, but I do expect a phone call when you promise you'll call. You used to have a great dive operation. The very short dives I went on this time were run by your employees - it was obvious that they were not very interested in showing your customers a good dive. And, despite several efforts on my part, you completely blew me off as far as the Saturday dive was concerned. You didn't even have the courtesy to call me to cancel. If you had to cancel my confirmed reservation, then at least have the courtesy to give me enough notice to make other arrangements. You may have 365 days to dive, but I only had 3. Fortunately for me, I had already spoken with Clive and was able to get on his boat at the last minute and not lose 33% of my dive time.

I hope you can go back to your former excellent customer service.

Visited November 2011
4 Thank lalagirl123
orange, ca
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 52 helpful votes
“Very Knowledgeable and Service oriented”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2011

The prices across the island for diving are very similar, so in my opinion it is about the customer service. They picked us up at our condo, with plenty of time to get on the boat and check out our equipment. Only total of 5 divers on our 3 days of diving, so was nice to get some personal attention. Very helpful, and above all made the dives very enjoyable.

Aruba however, does not have much in the way of diving, a few reefs and some wrecks, but as they say a day diving is better than a day.....

Visited August 2011