“Where the locals go for real local food”
Review of Cafe Maryli - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Cafe Maryli
Reviewed 19 January 2011

Wow, I can't believe there aren't more (or any) reviews for this place. We came here by car after it was recommended to us by many locals. We asked around because when in Rome... we don't want to pay premiums for tourist restaurants serving food we can eat in America. This is the spot where locals come to get their regular take out or dine. It's very small-- like 4 tables in a tiny room, but cozy and quaint. I can't exactly remember what I ordered except for the papaya milkshake but I do remember the food being good-- we had stew, fish and stuffed gouda. The menu changes daily based on availability I believe.

It wasn't easy to find but we got enough directions and descriptions from locals. All I can remember about location is: it's pink? it's in a plaza with a wedding shop and a parking lot.

You know this place is a hidden gem when there are no tourists here (we were the only ones) and when the servers/owners are surprised to see you. The locals were surprised to see us too. That was no matter though as everyone was friendly. This is totally a hidden gem and between Cafe Maryli and the Queen's Bar and Restaurant, we had the BEST local Aruban food on our trip.

1  Thank blairtee