“Small does not mean non-professional”

S.E. Aruba Fly 'n Dive
South Aruba 1-Tank Dive Experience for Certified Divers
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I have just returned from my 2nd SCUBA diving trip on Aruba and I am convinced that I want to make it one of my annual dive stops. There's no denying that the diving is wonderful. However, I attribute a good part of my satisfaction to the dive shop S.E. Aruba Fly 'n Dive. They are a relatively small operation, their two (well-maintained and clean) boats are right there on the beach in Oranjestad just a few steps from their shop. The entire crew and staff are professional, yet they are equally courteous, informal, and welcoming. Since this was my 2nd time diving with them, they gave me a returning customer discount (woo hoo!). My first trip to Aruba, I stayed in the low-rise hotel zone; this time I stayed in the high-rise zone and both times arrangements were easily available to where they picked me up and brought me back to my hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This was our first time diving in Aruba & this facility was absolutely wonderful. We did 6 dives with them & from the very first email to the last dive the crew was professional, courteous, and friendly. Made us feel just like family. We couldn't have asked for more. Irwin, Paulo, & Rob were our dive masters for the dives & they were phenomenal. Always willing to point out things to see while diving as well as let you find things on your own. They all were very attentive to all divers & only had at most 6 divers each dive so very easy to keep up with them while diving. The boats are clean, tanks were full, & they even had a place to store your gear between dives so there was no need to tote it back & forth. Nice assortment of fresh fruit, juices, bottled water & sandwiches for after diving. The shuttle service is awesome as you don't have to worry about finding the place however it is right in town so not hard to locate. Definitely recommend this diving facility for all your Aruba dives & insist on doing the airplanes wreck & tire reef absolutely breathtaking!!!!!

1  Thank Lori H
Reviewed 21 May 2014

When I last dove with Fly 'n Dive in Oct 13 (my 6th consecutive year), the operation was in management/ownership transition. I did see some improvements, but also some major problems (boats breaking down). Happy to report (May 2014) that the boats are working, dive operation shows much improvement, both in the appearance of the shop, painting, new storage area for gear, etc. Erwin and his wife Paula are really trying to make this the top dive shop in Aruba. Angela is still the shop master and keeps everything running smoothly. Primary Divemasters , Instructors, and boat drivers Rob and Paulo provide top class service, with the assistance of old-timers "big" Rob and Eric. You can't beat the price for the 14-tank package ($425), which includes pickup/dropoff from your hotel. Fresh sliced fruit, mini-sandwiches, bottled water and fruit juice boxes are provided on the boat dives. Antilla on Fridays only (usually) since this trip burns a lot of fuel so they need to schedule in advance to get enough divers to make the trip profitable. Other days, choice south coast sites. There were days we went out with only 2 or three divers, since the didn't want to disappoint us by cancelling. Gear rinse and storage facilities for multi-day diving sure beats hauling wet gear back to the hotel every day. OK, this isn't Bonaire, but I'm seen plenty of reef fish, including some you usually see only as "onesy" (high hat, butter hamlet, blue parrot). Plus, there is lots to do in the pm after diving, especially for your non-diving travel companions.

1  Thank CatyRay
Reviewed 6 April 2014

These guys have a great location. Wow, even when you are finished diving the beach is great for lounging. All of the staff take the time to visit and do everything to make you comfortable. When it came to teaching the course, there were no shortcuts. You have to put in the bookwork time (not like others down there). The test is real and you need to know your stuff.
Other divers in the group got to wait for the navigation training dive as part of their future instruction (they were advised in advance and agreed to this). Talk about pressure.
Boats were exceptionally clean and roomy. Staff on the boat also did checks of your equipment before going into the water. Great snacks between 2 dive trips.
I WOULD recommend this place to anyone and will return to them any time I go back to Aruba!

1  Thank DaveK009
Reviewed 8 February 2014

I booked with S.E.Aruba Fy 'N Dive on a recommendation from the home owner of the apartment I rented. I had an amazing experience. I am a newly certified diver (only 9 dives to date) and I was staying 10 days in Aruba and Angela helped me decide upon an 8 dive package. They were very flexible, and I did the Jane C wreck (great recommendation Captain Rob!!), the airplane wrecks, a couple of shore dives and my very first night dive!!! The night dive was amazing, just myself, and 3 employees of the shop, what an amazing time. On my dives I always saw green moray and spotted eels, saw a few turtles, lots of lionfish (bad lionfish!), the elusive spotted drum fish, 2 octopus!! and countless others. Thanks to Capt. Rob for pointing out the Manta Ray that swam past the boat just was we were getting ready to do our dive, I only wish we had been in the water for that.

Thanks to Jon and Rob for making my diving experience in Aruba so memorable, you guys were great. Angela and the rest of the staff, you all were so friendly and welcoming, I truly appreciate it!

I would HIGHLY recommend S.E.Aruba to anyone coming to the island and wants to have a great experience diving. A great dive shop run by wonderful people!!

1  Thank KrisL1717