“Don't miss this place”

Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
New York City, New York
“Don't miss this place”
Reviewed 21 January 2014

This was a very pleasant find. Food was excellent and the Tres leches cake superb. Don't let the emptiness at dinner fool you. It is busy at lunch with a local crowd. We would have passed by if not for another couple telling us they'd eaten there before and the food was very good. They were right. If you are looking for some local flavor and home cooking, this is it. We will be sure to go back before leaving for home. A real pleasant surprise.

• Visited January 2014

Swanton, Vermont
“Excellent food, slow service.”
Reviewed 2 January 2014 via mobile

Tried to eat at Que Pasa, but it was full, not even room at the bar. And the hostess seemed truly disappointed she colliding fit two more. So we walked by Delimar and they were empty, which usually is a bad omen, but I was overall content with the meal.
The appetizer and first cocktail came out in a timely fashion, but it was a long wait for the entree and offer for a second cocktail. I noticed this happened to each of the four occupied tables.
All of the food was exceptional, I had a ceviche app and a seafood medley entree.
There are many exceptional restaurants in and around Oranjestad, so I will try others before returning to Delimar, but I have to say it's food was worth going back for more.

Maybe the following is an unfair comment because many restaurants in Oranjestad close at 7pm on New Year's Eve, but Delimar turned away a foursome at the door at 7, then let a family of four in at 7:30 (there were at least six empty tables). The family was probably friends of the owner, but still, seemed like poor form to me.

Scranton, Pennsylvania
“Wonderful Meal”
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

My husband & I dined here on Dec 14, 2013. The owner waited on us & explained the menu in great detail then answered our questions. The food was wonderfully prepared & fresh (we both had Mahi Mahi). For dessert we both had Tres leches cake. It was the best I ever had. One appetizer, 2 entrees, 2 desserts & 2 mixed drinks $95 including tip. I HIGHLY recommend this place located behind the Renaissance next door to Yemanja.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Awesome food and great service!!!”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

Unbelievable seafood. Great goat stew and ceviche (sp). Deserts were very good. While their English was OK, they actually knew what gluten was which was very helpful. All around great place

• Visited November 2013
Moreno Valley, California
“Very Good Food”
Reviewed 13 November 2013

We are glad to find Peruvian food in Aruba, of course we try the typical Ceviche made with fresh fish ,very good, Jalea was delicious, we drink also a delicious Chicha Morada.. The service was excellent, very friendly and ready to help us. I wish to go back and try other delicious dishes.

• Visited November 2013