“Great meal” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of DELIMAR

DELIMAR
Ranked #29 of 220 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Good for: Cheap Eats, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Arlington
“Great meal”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

So I was in Aruba on business and my coworker who is from Peru asks if I like Peruvian ceviche I said heck yeah. Having been to multiple times I know good ceviche! Anyway ordered the calamari! Excellent! Ordered the ceviche mixto excellent. To top it off ordered the chaufa rice excellent! I wish I could have tried the pisco sour(working). Anyways Marco was very nice and attentive! Will definitely be back

Oslo, Norway
“good seafood and good value”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

We went at about 13:30 so it was not busy; we simply saw it out of the window while riding by on the bus, and decided to try it. We started with the squid which was fried in a tempura batter, and that was obviously fresh and at least as good as any I've ever had. It also came with some fried yucca which was a new experience for me. The server offered a cute little bowl of some really good hot sauce to go along with that and the main dish, which was fish topped with calamari, mussels and a red sauce. That took us a little by surprise because the menu didn't say it came with mussels, and my wife is a little allergic to them sometimes. So I ate those, and whatever traces were left in the sauce were not enough to make her sick this time. So if you are allergic you should ask when ordering. We also had a couple of Peruvian beers. The price was OK for a touristy location and the food was all fresh and good. The servers were polite and had a humble attitude.

• Visited April 2014
Noord, Aruba
“A must in Oranjestad”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Simple, little place in Oranjestad. Not fancy but clean and nice. Servers are polite and fast. Food is EXCELLENT! The cebiche is a must, tiradito en aji amarillo was something I will never forget. I know its a bit exaggerated but you won't regret it. It's delicious and very affordable.

Visited April 2014
Stuck in MA
“Tempering the excitement.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

Took a cab from the high rises to get here. Side street location explained why the concierge, doorman and 2 can drivers had never heard of this place.

Staff friendly. Menu not very descriptive. Ceviche was ok. Had better in Mexico and US.

The special was Arroz con Pato which was highly recommended by the server. On a bed of 4-5 cups of green rice was a overcooked and not meaty bird thigh. Nothing delicate or flavorful. Dry and chewy. Rest of party had grilled mahi mahi...overcooked and dry as well. Weird since we were the only ones there at that hour. Kids chose pasta Napoli with chicken or Alfredo. Most of the food was left on the plates. I regret not trying the stew which looked more interesting but I doubt it had any more flavor.

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Orlando
“Peruvian Seafood and More on Aruba”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

One of the big changes we have seen since we moved to Aruba 12 years ago is finding a good, inexpensive locally owned and operated restaurant. This is one restaurant downtown that seems to fit the bill. It is called the DELIMAR Peruvian Seafood restaurant and is next to where Que Pasa used to be. It's opposite the Protestant Church at Wilhelmina Straat, (582 6139).

While it says seafood, they also serve delicious steak, chicken and pasta meals in a number of very different styles and flavoring. They also create daily specials you shouldn't miss. The first time I went there I had a a very full flavored steak dish and my friends had fish and we split the calamari. There wasn't anything left on any plate when we finished. The 2nd and 3rd times I had house special Peruvian fish dishes. No matter what we trued, it was all delicious. Our service was prompt, efficient and accurate.

For a new food experience this is where you should go.

If you are downtown, I suggest you give it a try. It isn't fancy, but clean, good and reasonable.

• Visited August 2013