“Hidden Eden-A home away from home!”
Review of Hidden Eden Aruba

Hidden Eden Aruba
Ranked #4 of 12 Oranjestad B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I spent two weeks at Hidden Eden in March 2014 and it was one of the best holidays I've ever spent! The rooms are clean, homely and located in a beautiful garden with wonderful plants. The plants and the well kept garden adds to the stay but the best thing with Hidden Eden is the wonderful host couple: Roy and Grace. They are both extraordinary people! They really do the little extras to make you feel at home at their B&B and on Aruba. They are generous with their time and I truly enjoyed spending time with them. I would recommend a stay at Hidden Eden anytime.
/Emelie
Stockholm/Sweden

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. Choose depending on how many you are and what's available.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Emelie C
Roy M, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Thanks a lot Emelie...We will keep in touch..Big hug,

There are newer reviews for Hidden Eden Aruba

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Excellent place to stay, Roy and Grace make us feel like at home, very comfortable rooms, delicious breakfasts cook by Roy in a home warm environment gives the touch is needed, and his helpful tourist advice are very helpful, there is no doubt that will be the place to stay in our next trip to Aruba

Room Tip: Room with King size bed
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy M, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

Hola Edilin y Manuel,

Thanks you very much, I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope to see you soon.

Un abrazo,

Roy

Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

In all our travels it is hard to find that perfect blend of comfort , price, cleanliness, and good company. Well look no further than Hidden Eden where all your creature comforts are satisfied.
We had the pleasure to stay 2 weeks in the larger Adam and Eve room and could not have asked for more. Roy , Grace, and family were wonderful hosts and always most accommodating.
What a pleasure to converse with Roy and Grace, and sample the truly international perspective of their guests.
Don't miss the opportunity to pamper yourself at the most reasonable cost of a room at Hidden Eden. At this rate it won't remain 'hidden' much longer !
Looking forward to a return visit !
Lynn & Margaret

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
islanddweller, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Hey Lynn and Margareth,

It was our pleasure to have you here. We really enjoyed having you here. It seems we only attract the best. We also learned a lot about the stars and the universe.
Whenever you feel threatened by the snow, fly down here. Your family on Aruba is waiting on you.

Regards

Grace and Roy

Reviewed 17 February 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed at Hidden Eden for eight nights…so…what to say?
I think the name says it all: *HIDDEN EDEN*.
I’ll explain myself…”HIDDEN” in regards to his location.
This b&b is situated between the capital city Orandjestad and Eagle/Palm Beach (they are the most frequented beaches), so you are near everything (touristically speaking) but, at the same time, you can enjoy the peace and the beautiful plants and flowers of the FANTASTIC GARDEN (yes, the owners also have a really big passion for gardening…they made a business of it!!Way to go!).
Now we can switch to “EDEN”…and I think I’ll need a lot of space to write ‘cause everything was paradisiac!! For me, it would have been sufficient the location of this b&b: ARUBA! One of the best places I’d ever seen, but there is so much more.
To sum up:
our room/house and its bathroom was spacious and there was a big and beautiful shower…ah and I can’t forget to add that there also was a window in the bathroom (thank you so much, ‘cause I HATE the ones with aspirators!).
In the room you’ll also find a fridge, a sink, a microwave, air conditioning and free wi-fi.
You are totally free to come and go when you want without disturbing anyone, the room has its own entry.
So the room was perfect, but for us the real gem was the time we spent with the owners (Mrs Grace, Mr Roy and their family) and the other guests at breakfast.
Every morning Mr Roy will make you delicious breakfast (we could also taste Israeli and Venezuelan typical recipes!) and you will eat them together with fantastic and interesting people from all over the world (I LOVED to improve my English, thank you so much for your patience with my errors!!).
In the end I can just suggest to:
-contact Roy for a room
-find a plane
-rent a car (Jay’s rent has good prices)
and go visit and live this paradise, I can assure you won’t miss the resorts and the hotels rooms!
I think that in regards to the review I said it all…let me only a bit of space to say an ENORMOUS thank you to the owners of Hidden Eden: two fantastic people…you make us feel like at home, like we were really part of your family…and your experiences and suggestions are impressed in our memories…I can only hope that one day when we will see you again I’ll be able to say: “You know what Roy? I followed your advice: I chased my dreams and I’m happy!”.
Thank you so much guys, we already miss you…and Roy YOU ROCK!!!!

Your Parma friends,
Giorgia&Stefano….(with ham, parmigiano and tiramisu ;-)!)

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gi0_Ste
islanddweller, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thanks a lot Giorgia (on my mind) and Da Stefano,

This works always both ways, the more fun you have the more fun we also have. We could not have asked for better guest. We had a blast every morning and especially making Tiramisu...
I am still singing Giorgia on my mind...and missing you both. Come back soon..

A big hug,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

Roy(host) was fantastic! We stayed for 7 nights and made friends and we felt like family. Roy's Breakfasts were something to look forward to each morning, Pancakes,omelets,french toast, and great conversation.
For the price you can't beat it...but you will need a car if you are gonna be there for more than a few days. Roy offered to take us to town or the beach but you will be responsible to get yourself back. Hidden Eden is about a mile from the beach and difficult to walk. I found driving on the Island very easy and I'm not a fan of Round a bouts(circles). Roy took us to Jay's Car rentals near the Airport and they set us up with a fantastic SUV for gr8 price.
Hidden Eden is in a working class neighborhood, that has some eyesores, but the area is safe,people are nice, and it's developing, and will only get better as the years go by. Eden is next to the Fantastic Gardens which supplies the Island with Fantastic Tropical Plants.
Taxi drivers will know where Hidden Eden is if you tell them it's next to Fantastic Gardens, everyone knows that place which Roy owns also.
Thanks Roy for a Great Stay! We will be back some day

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Roy M, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 26 January 2014

Hey Ed and Stacey,

Thanks for your review. Hope to see you in the future, either here or in Wisconsin..

Regards,

Roy

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Thank you for a great place to stay! We had such a great time there. The room was perfect-clean, spacious, and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and we loved meeting the other guests in the common area surrounded by gorgeous plants and flowers.
We enjoyed touring the island- Baby Beach, The Lighthouse, Moomba Bar for dancing and drinks...we had one of the best dinners ever at Yemanja, and the best falafel sandwich I've ever eaten at Sultan.
We found the best place to stay on the entire island at Hidden Eden.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
islanddweller, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Hey Erica,

You also made it very special with your special personality and humor....We want to see more of you in the future.

A big hug,

Grace and Roy

Reviewed 12 January 2014

GREAT! We seriously got so lucky, I had initially been looking at another B&B and when they were full, they had recommended Hidden Eden. Our first day was sort of rocky because there had been a confusion about our reservations, but Roy made up for it tenfold! He was such an accommodating host! He drove us around the first day since we had not yet rented a car, as well he helped us through the process of getting one. Every day he had an amazing breakfast for us where we sat around a table with the other guests enjoying the cool breeze and beautiful patio (they run the plant nursery next door so naturally their B&B is GORGEOUS). Also breakfast was at 9 which was perfect considering neither my boyfriend or I are early risers. Because of the mix up, we ended up staying in a nicer room free of up charge! The room was clean and comfortable with many amenities! We took advantage of the fridge and bought some groceries as we were staying 5 days. We had dishes, utensils, a microwave, the works! Also I would like to note that the shower rocked! great water pressure and always hot water. Seems like a random detail but when you're at the beach and taking multiple showers a day its a big deal. I feel like I could go on and on. Roy always had recommendations for us and I always enjoyed visiting with him, he definitely treated us like family! Every day it felt like heading home for the night instead of just heading to the hotel room. I would highly recommend this over any high rise resort any day! Such a real Aruba experience with such amazing people in such a gorgeous place! Oh and the price? RIDICULOUS! I felt like we were getting away with robbery! So much more for your money than any other place on the island.
We used the Wifi and also took advantage of the cheap charge to do our laundry!
When we left, Roy even sent us an email making sure we had made it home safely. We are seriously already planning our next trip to Aruba and will ALWAYS stay at Hidden Eden.
We will see you soon Roy and Grace! -From Texas with love! Chelsea & Miguel

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
islanddweller, Owner at Hidden Eden Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 18 January 2014

Well, just let me know when you want to move in. With guest like you it would be a piece of pie...Thank you so much for this beautiful review. And thanks for the delicious bottle of "tomatillo salsa" , something I am still slowly enjoying....We look forward to seeing you again...
Roy & Grace

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
MVC Eagle Beach
Divi Aruba
Divi Aruba
#3 of 6 in Oranjestad
Tamarijn Aruba All Inclusive

Been to Hidden Eden Aruba? Share your experiences!