“Great Fishing Trip! Great Price! ”

Driftwood Fishing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: The DRIFTWOOD is a tournament rigged 35ft Bertram ready to fish for whatever swims in the deep blue sea. Whether it's family fun or just a guys sport fishing trip, we cater to everyone, from those who have never been fishing to anglers with years of experience.
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Great fishing trip aboard the Driftwood with Jairo and Marvin. Caught some decent size wahoo and mahi. Driftwood restaurant is cooking them for us tonight!

1  Thank MarcW4
in 35 reviews
"rough seas"
"living easy"
in 17 reviews
"highly recommend this charter"
in 8 reviews
"fresh catch"
in 7 reviews
"biggest fish"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 13 August 2018

Jario (captain), Marvin (1st mate), Neomar (captain's teenage son) showed us a great time. It was my kids first time out on the open ocean. Captain did a great job of making sure we were aware of the very rough seas they were currently experiencing. He was honest with us that the fishing was hit or miss during the time we visited, morning tour Aug 9th. The sea was rough for my kids but my wife had been to the Napali coast in Hawaii and had experienced very rough sea. The kids did great and the captain did his best to make our adventure pleasurable. Marvin was great to talk to me about the history of the island and Neomar did great with my 10 and 7 year old girls. The girls had a blast catching fish. I got a tuna which felt like a whale! Overall it was a great experience. I only wish we could have used the fish as tip to the crew. I ended up giving a cash tip to the crew for a job well done.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

We were excited about this trip and spent a lot of money. Seas are very very rough. 15 foot waves, crew tried to catch fish for the first half of trip, but went above during the second half. When we left the dock initially, they said people having been catching mahi mahi and wahoo. At the end, when we only caught a few bonita, they said nobody had caught mahi mahi or wahoo for weeks. ( made us think twice about the truth factor) Although one mate was super friendly and nice, we felt like they gave up trying on the fish which was disappointing. This is a rough sea people!!!! We were not warned and didn't know where life jackets were. Overall, disappointed and felt the crew could have put more effort into the second half of the trip instead of being up top with the captain socializing.

Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Myself and 2 of my family members spent our morning on The Driftwood with Jairo, Jonathan, and Nomar for the 4 hour fishing charter. We had a great time and caught 5 Mahi Mahi and 2 Bonita. The crew was knowledgeable, teaching us what they were doing and why, and made the experience one to remember with spectacular personalities.
We also ate our catch at The Driftwood Restaurant. The fish was delicious,with plenty of options for those who are not fish fans, and the waitstaff was great. I will definitely fish with Driftwood Fishing Charters again.

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 August 2018

The driftwood team we had did an absolutely amazing job. My wife and I booked a deep sea trip with Jairo (Captain) Greg (First mate) and Nomar (Deck hand). Deep sea fishing was something that I have always wanted to do since I was a little kid and they really made that dream come true. Jairo took us along the south side of the island where we hocked up with our first fish. We then progressed to the North East side of the island where we proceeded to hock up with 10 more fish. 1 fish ended up coming off . At the end of the trip we landed 3 wahoo, 4 yellow fin, a mahi mahi and a black tip shark. During the trip they were good at letting us get involved and let us know what was going on. Jairo was a spectacular captain really looked after us. After my land lover wife got sea sick we decided to call it a day. Jairo got right on it despite the really good fishing. For anyone looking for a fishing adventure, this crew did a great job. It was also a really cool experience to include the driftwood restaurant all you can eat into your package.

Date of experience: July 2018