“excellent treatment”

Indulgence by the Sea
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Reviewed 21 July 2013

cannot understand the comments written (shockingly bad therapist) if as she said the treatment was so bad why did she let gladys carry on she could have got up at any time and asked for someone elseto do her massage (was she after a free treatment ?)
my husband and i have been coming to aruba for 10 years and have always had our massages with gladys my husband has had a lot of pain in his shoulder which gladys has helped enormously with , i have had massages and facials with gladys she has always been most caring helpful and professional at all times, we would highly recommend her to everybody,
she is a credit to the spa and to aruba,

3  Thank ruth275
in 12 reviews
in 13 reviews
in 34 reviews

Reviewed 16 July 2013

This is my 3rd year in a row vacationing in Aruba. The first year I went I had the most amazing experience at Indulgence by the Sea at the Divi, which was the Sea Escape massage. I felt like the most privileged woman on earth being massaged on that beautiful white beach by the most perfect blue ocean. It is a must do on your vacation to Aruba at the Divi all inclusive. Me and my husband have been back to the Spa last year and this year and treated ourselves a couple of times to much needed relaxation.
We love the mimosas and the warm foot baths to start with.The therapists are very well skilled!!
We highly recommand!!

2  Thank JiSa_1969
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I am a true believer in the benefits of a massage and am a frequent visitor to spas for the tranquil environment. I was looking forward to this particular appointment, after a 2-week trip involving various destinations and lugging heavy luggage around. This spa came recommended by some friends, so I decided to try it and booked a “Pure Relaxation Massage”. The spa is nicely decorated and Sharine at reception is absolutely lovely. After checking in, Sharine offered me a glass of water and a warm, soothing footbath in a pretty bowl.
I filled out a form, which included important questions, such as “what areas of the body to avoid” for the therapist, which I answered carefully and the areas to avoid were filled out in capital letters, as one of them is my foot that currently has a broken bone in it.
Then my unkempt therapist came to find me and glanced at the sheet I filled out, apparently to ignore it or maybe even defy it.
As I took my feet out of the footbath, I decided to also point out the area on my foot with the fractured bone. She proceeded to press the area with her finger, saying “here”? Really? A sign of doom, which I mistakenly ignored…
Gladys, the therapist, took me to the massage room, where she left me waiting for many minutes. Apparently to go searching for a headrest that was missing, I realized later. Should the room not be prepped before she brings in the client? After installing the headrest, she left a couple more times, leaving the door open. The area outside of the room is a public area with various people walking by.
When she started the massage, she massaged my shoulder and went straight for the second area I had listed on the form to avoid: my underarms. I warned her, and she did it again. I advised her that she was stressing me out. She continued with my shoulders and placed the oil bottle right next to my head. As she turned my head to the side, she would press my face into the oil bottle. I moved the bottle. She then decided to go straight for: my two feet! I felt like I was experiencing a practical joke. After she squeezed my injured foot, I jumped and warned her again.
Before starting the massage I had asked her to focus most of the time on my back and shoulders. She seemed completely uninterested in my request when I voiced it and proved it by ignoring my wishes and spending about 5 minutes working on my back, and the majority of the time on my arms and legs. The opposite of what I had requested.
In addition, it is worth mentioning, that my massage room was right next to the reception area and in a public hallway to locker-rooms, etc, and I could hear loud voices the whole time.

The good news: Gladys also ignored the actual reservation I made and ended my massage after 50 minutes instead of the 80 minutes I had booked.
Sharine kindly only charged me for the 50 minutes and I told her I would request a different therapist if I return to this spa.
Then I went home to seek out the Pure Relaxation I had wanted.

3  Thank TisaL
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Great 80 minute couple massage on the beach under a cabana. Our masseuses were wonderful and hit every spot that needed attention. Great for couples or anyone needing that little extra splurge on yourself while on vacation.
They do not accept Travelers checks.

2  Thank sandgscott04