“A NEW Alhambra!”

Alhambra Casino
Ranked #14 of 83 things to do in Oranjestad
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Alhambra casino is the place to play in Aruba.
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Was pleasantly surprised at the Alhambra ... it has been redone in recent years and is now bright and modernized! Had not been there in the past few years because is was dark and dreary.
Now, the entire area has been upgraded and although very crowded in the evening (since it draws from the Divi Village and Costa Linda), the afternoon visit I made was very pleasant (even if I didn't win!!!)

1  Thank jharkin1
in 12 reviews
"island"
in 71 reviews

Reviewed 4 November 2013

We have the pleasure of visiting Aruba every year for the past 23 years.We always frequent the Alhambra casino. It is a friendly and casual casino that we always enjoy. This year I lost my 5 carat diamond bracelet in the casino. I was broken hearted and no one turned in my bracelet. I had given up hope that anyone would turn it in and we went back the next evening to play black jack. Jorge who is the security manager came up to me and said that he may have some news on my bracelet and he took my name and my hotel information. I still felt it was unlikely that I would ever get it back, An hour later he called me over to the casino entrance where there were three police officers. They took out my bracelet and returned it to me. Apparently Jorge had reviewed the security cameras and found out who picked up my bracelet and the police tracked the person who returned it. I could not believe that they cared enough to do all that to help me. I tried to give a reward but not one person would accept anything. They said that they were just doing their job. It still brings tears to my eyes when I think about the whole situation. My sincere thanks to Jorge and the police officers involved.Great casino.

2  Thank lorelle902013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

they have free wifi here compared to the high rise mall area. juan valdez coffee is very good. check out "the market" for quick snacks and some souvenirs. cool place to hang out before you go back to your hotel

Reviewed 30 October 2013

didn't like it here, it continuously smelled like an old ashtray and they no one can play blackjack properly!

1  Thank rickracko
See more reviews
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This is a terrific place for the casual gambler on vacation. There are $2 roulette so everyone seems at ease realizing they are not losing a lot of money. The table games are of the standard variety but the attendants are friendly and helpful to new players. There are fun, penny slots and they do come around offering drinks. Warning: it is not smoke free but I actually did not see a lot of smokers.