“A place like home with a plus!”

Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel
Managua, Nicaragua
“A place like home with a plus!”
Reviewed 28 December 2011

I had a lovely time in Aruba Apartments. The owner, Barbara, is extremely kind-hearted and really cares about her guests as if they were family. She took me around the island, showed me the nicest places,introduced me to her friends... All of this made thar I gained a friend in Aruba. Thanks a lot for everything, Barbara! I hope to be able to visit again soon!

• Stayed January 2011
arubaharmony, Manager at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012

Thank you!

Yes you also ware such a nice guest, looking forward to meet wiht you again.
Thank you for the photo's.
We have printed them out and hang them in the reception!
See you soon and cheers!

Barbara

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 18 November 2011

The actual room was nice and comfortable and the grounds are nice enough. We made a reservation on Expedia as package and it was confirmed but they didn't have the right room ready when we arrived. They put us up in another place for a night which was fine.

I'm still on the fence with the manager/owner women. She was friendly and we had an honest situation but I was always instinctively weary and intrusting.

Aruba was a $hithole and i know I will not return. Hawai'i and Mexico are the 4hiznit and I've learned my lession.

Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
arubaharmony, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear guest,

Thank you for your kind respond.

If you would like to explore whole Aruba, we recommend a car.
Because Aruba has so many beaches and special places to visit, but this is not a must.
Harmony offers transportation, there is a bus stop on the corner, and all is very nearby you can easily walk..

Harmony is located between down town and the beaches, with bus stop, restaurants, supermarkets etc, just on the corner.

Yes Aruba is small when you compare it with Mexico, but it has own charm.
There are guest returning over 25 years every year..

All is question of taste.

Thank you for writing good and nice experience with our place.

Guest Relations Aruba Harmony Apartments
Freeport, New York
Reviewed 12 May 2011

Four days before going to this place I have already stayed in a hotel near the beach and experience all the fun benefits it has to offer. But my stay on that hotel got cut short because of over booking so I need to find an alternative place to stay. I found Aruba Harmony Apartment. This place is a great place for an adventurer who likes to walk and explore the residential areas of Aruba. It is not near the beach so you need to rent a car or ride a bus or else walk to get there (aprrox. 7 min. drive). It would be best to book all your activities with transportation pick up and return. The place is well secured and in a good neighborhood. The management is very helpful and kind enough to give me a free ride at the back trunk of their SUV when I miss my activity bus pick up. They are friendly and threat you like family when you show some respect. Overall it is a good experience to explore and meet new friends. - Moonrays of NY

Room Tip: Grand Suites looks nice
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank moonrays4
arubaharmony, Owner at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Dear guest,

Yes for us it felt the same..

You and your family will always be very welcome to stay with us!

Looking forward to meet with you again..any time...

Team Harmony
New York City, New York
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I still cannot believe all the things that played out in my brief stay here. They ultimately all came down to the integrity, well, lack-there-of, of the owner. I wouldn't trust her for a minute. I have NEVER had an experience like this in 15 years of travel to even the most remote locations. First of all, the hotel is posted as having "close to it all convenience," but even the cab driver said, "wow, that's far away," when I told him where I was staying. It was. When I arrived, I explained my concerns to the owner, being that I didn't have a car, and she was quite rude is how she addressed them, treating me like I was an idiot. "But you ARE close to everything, what don't you understand? You don't look happy. What's wrong?" When I explained that I might need to change or cancel my reservation, she kept just ignoring my statements, and kept just trying to get me to pay. Then, when I hadn't even gotten to my room, she was already trying to convince me out of my next two accommodation locations, telling me she can "work something out with them. They're so far away. Why do you want to stay there?" She continued to discredit the next place I had a reservation, "Yes, the owner is very sweet, she's a dear friend of mine, but there's nothing to do there. If you want to be that far away, that's up to you." To make this even more frustrating, every time I asked how to get somewhere, she would say "Oh that's too far away. You can't walk there." So for my three nights, I was basically stuck in that tiny complex Then, to be even more absurd, she tried to get me to pay her a deposit for a scuba package I had arranged directly with the shop! I had been in contact directly with the company for a week, but she kept trying to make me pay HER a finder's fee (or a "deposit" as she was calling it) for it. Absurd. And she was so devious as to switch to dutch when she called the company, thinking I couldn't understand her, and she was trying to demand THEM to PAY HER for making the phone call! Last but not least, she tried to coerce me into paying her to drive me to my next location! "Well, I can drop you at the bus stop, which will be $1, or you can take a taxi, but that will be $20, or I can bring you for $15." It turns out the location wasn't that far, and wouldn't have cost $20 by cab. Thankfully I was able to make other FREE arrangements. The whole experience was just one negative moment after another, where it was clear she was just trying to get more money from me. I understand you need to run a business, but I would never stay there again. It's affordable, but I would rather pay more money, and get more business integrity.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
15 Thank onlyflatonmaps
arubaharmony, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 31 May 2012
Sorry about all those misunerstanings.

We have very enthousiastc trainees, who are so happy and willing to help you and provide you with all information and help about Aruba.

Maybe they overdue, but they need to learn right?

Anyway, we are glad that you had a very nice time in aruba and ur beautyful beaches.

Reagrds

Team Aruba Harmony

Travellers are raving about these Oranjestad hotels

Groningen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 24 March 2011

A very nice and peaceful complex located perfectly near Oranjestad centre and the beautiful beaches. It's necessary to rent a car though to go downtown and to see all the beautiful spots around the Isle. The owners were both very friendly. We had to move to another room after one night, but the personel put all our stuff in the other room and even hang out all our clothes in the closet! They offered us a bottle of wine for all the inconvenience. Again, thank you so much! If you want to have a great time on Aruba, but you don't wan't to pay a fortune for your stay, then this is a very good option.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mathilda30
arubaharmony, Eigenaar at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 22 July 2011
Dear guest,

Thank you for staying with us!

You ware such a nice guests, we wish all our guest ware like you, clean, neat and pleasent!

Looking forward to welcome you again at our small paradise!

Team Harmony
New York City, New York
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Last summer, my wife and I stayed in Aruba Harmony for 2 weeks. We got a warm welcome by Lilly when she picked us up from the airport in the evening. We had directly achieved in Aruba Harmony and because off our anniversary Barbara had arranged a special room for us. In the apartment there was a cold bottle of champagne. It looked like a second honeymoon. Barbara and Lilly, many thanks for your great hospitality.
Aruba Harmony, a lovely place to stay with nice and helpful people, clean rooms and a nice swimming pool in a quite neighborhood. We recommend Aruba Harmony to all people who are looking for a nice place to stay.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
arubaharmony, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 18 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Aruba and Aruba Harmony Apartments.
We realize you had so many to choose from!

We are glad that we have made your stay a remarkable one!

So dear new, old and repeatedguest.....If you're considering staying in accommodations where you become friendly with people rather than just an apartment or a room somewhere, try Aruba Harmony Resort. High quality, new, clean, cozy and well maintained.

As always..It is a complete pleasure of our staff to welcome everyone to Aruba and Aruba Harmony Apartments.

Looking forward to meet with you again!

Team

Harmony
wasilla
Reviewed 27 February 2011

Bad has to be not just bad not just dangerous and smelly for us. We are cool with cockroachs. You get it.... So here goes. We get to Aruba after a 20 hour flight, find Aruba Harmony apartments and are met by a locked gate. No answer to the intercom. We go back to the car and give Charlie the proprietor a call . Charlie shows up and looks at us like I have 2 heads. We are told we have no reservation,that yes he has 2 rooms available but he has promised them to some people from Holland. They will be here in a few hours. We show him our confirmed reservation on Orbitz. We ask him to give Barbara, the owner, a call and work things out . Our Reservations are prepaid by the way, $1003. US dollars already on the visa statement. We give Charlie our cell and drive off toward town to look for a hotel or a lawn chair on the beach to crash for the night. My wife, bless her techy little heart, is on the phone with Julie from orbitz, giving me mapquest directions to the high rise district and looking for a bathroom all at the same time. The phone rings. It's Charlie. Yeah, he has found us a room. And not just any room! It is clean, has a lovely garden, a pool, three snarling dogs and a cute little kitty .... that comes scampering out of our room. It is about six miles from where we want to be, but it does have a rock hard bed (my favorite), the lovely aroma of cat and dog feces, and those constantly barking and snarling dogs. Charlie assures us that this room is quite comparable to Aruba Harmony Apts and that we are to stay here. I tell Charlie to go away and to myself, I hope I am done with you.In the morning the phone is ringing. Julie from Orbitz is telling us that we now have a room at Aruba Harmony Apts. We get packed up and pay the owner of the place {she insists that Charlie and Barbara will never pay her). We are on our way back to Aruba Harmony and on the phone with Charlie. He tells us that nether he nor the apartment will be available till 3:00. I would stop here except we saw the same thing happen to at least 2 more travelors. We witnessed Charle telling another couple the same story. A few nights later we saw (and photographed) a sign hung on that locked gate.The Expedia customers were to get a cab and head on over to the Cat poop apartments. I have to say, It appears that either they are incompetant, or purposefully over booking. The other apartments are $48 a night less. Maybe they are pocketing the difference.....

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
9 Thank xz2xzzz
arubaharmony, Manager at Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel, responded to this review, 8 March 2011
Dear Guest,

Yes you are right.
There ware some dispute and disasters with your reservation.
This all has nothing to do with our, quality, accommodation, our services or our employees.

Sorry you did not have time to read all our provided information.

Our check in is between 3 and 5 PM.

All check in after those hours, are possible, but our hotel needs to be informed about your flight number and time of arrival.

Normally we keep your reservation till 12/00 PM, for you guaranteed.
After those ours, without a notice form your site, our popular accommodation (see all our other reviews) is going back into the sales again and are available and can be booked by all other interested guests and travel agency.

All those information is always provided, when booking direct with us or by brokers.
When booking our accommodation you will find in:
Know before you go.

We ware overbooked because of a failure of the GDS system.

Also we have given you an upgrade to a suite in state the booked studio.

Sorry for all inconvenience.

Management Harmony
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
A1 Apartments Aruba
#20 of 28 in Noord
Perle d'Or
Perle d'Or
#17 of 28 in Noord

Been to Aruba Harmony Apartments Suites & Hostel? Share your experiences!