“Something different and enjoyable”

Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
Book In Advance
More Info
US$12.75*
and up
Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Experience beautiful composed, orchestrated and arranged music with wonderful romantic lyrics sung by Fred de Jong. Order local food and delicious drinks while watching our Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show at The Old Cunucu House Restaurant or ask for Dinner Special Menu. The show takes place every Thursday from 7:30 till 9:30 pm and the Show Ticket is only $15.00 per person (food and drinks not included). For children up to and including 11 years old the Show Ticket is only $7.50 (food and drinks not included). Enjoy an enchanting Sinatra Show featuring Fred de Jong with songs such as "Fly Me To The Moon", "I've Got The World On A String", "I've Got You Under My Skin", "My Way", "New York - New York", "The Way You Look Tonight" and many more… What is an Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show experience like? The show is set at a traditional Aruba restaurant in a separate area with capacity for 40 people divided over about 15 tables. The food is native Aruba cuisine which has been influenced by colonial Spanish, French, and Dutch cuisine and is served in a 150 year old refurbished farm house. The dress is casual evening attire. The restaurants is old style where orders are taken on paper not computers. My goal is to provide our guest with an intimate setting where our guest can relax and interact with me instead of a large impersonal Las Vegas style show room. I have selected beautiful and romantic arrangements that are pre-recorded. This gives the feel of a big band / an orchestra but allows me to offer the show at a much lower cost. I do not try to mimic the commercial recordings of Sinatra but instead offer my interpretation of Franks relaxed and informal live style. The show is about 2 hours which gives you time to order and enjoy your food and drinks during the show without arriving early. The food is coursed over the evening as is typical in European restaurants where dining is an experience not just a meal. I think the music of the great American Songbook is special and worth preserving. Come let me share it with you in a special evening off the strip.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 22 November 2013

A nice way to spend an evening. You can tell Fred DeJong really loves what he does and gives you a good 2 hours of great songs from Sinatra,
We also got to enjoy some very authentic Arubian food, different but tasty. The service was good, they even moved our table, literally, to make us more comfortable.
The restaurant itself is also very cool older home tucked back in a neighborhood.

If you like Sinatra but don't expect the real thing you will enjoy this.

1  Thank Mona D
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

I am very happy you have spend your evening in a nice way and indeed I love what I am doing in the show very much.

I am very happy to read you enjoyed the food and the service too. I think it is very challanging to taste something different sometimes, but you always have the option to order something international in this restaurant. Also the simple fact of moving a tabel can give an extra touch to the service level.

I will always try approach the real thing as much as possible and indeed 90% of the people enjoyed this show since the day we started, but as we all know the last 10% improvement takes 90% of the effort :). Frank would says something like: "Do it again and again and again until you get it right!" And he sure did get better and better after each decade.

Thankful regards,

There are newer reviews for Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show

Reviewed 19 November 2013

So, if you're in Aruba, into Sinatra and material broadly defined as the "American Songbook" you want to head to the Cunucu House Restaurant and catch Fred de Jong. You'll soon discover that Mr. de Jong understands and loves this material and has worked very hard to capture the phrasing and mannerisms of "old blue eyes." No small feat for any entertainer....especially one who is European...

Mr. de Jong is backed only by recorded instrumentals of the tunes he sings. The show was fun, fast-paced, entertaining and well worth the nominal cover charge. Check it out and enjoy the show and the great, affordable Aruban cuisine.
Jerry and Kate

1  Thank Gerald G

Dear Valued Guests Jerry and Kate,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am very happy with your wonderful feedback on my show. Your words sound like they are from somebody who knows what it takes to accomplish something great.

I hope to see you back in the show anytime soon.

Musical greetings,

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Very talented entertainer. Also saw a performance at glitz casino with lots of energy and audience participation.

3  Thank Papery

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for attending my shows and for the to the point review.

I hope you will be back again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 30 October 2013

My husband and I enjoyed the show very much. We have talked about quite abit sense we've been home. It was a nice way to celebrate our anniversary,especially when he sang a song my husband requested so we could dance. The food was great,the service was great and we enjoyed the company of all the other guests. The pictures that were taken of us dancing were absolutely great. Would really ;like to see this show again on our next trip to Aruba.

3  Thank Debbie D
FreddeJong, Owner at Aruba Sinatra Dinner Show, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear valued guests,

Great to hear my show was enjoyable and has made such an impression, that you kept on talking about it. For me it was a great honor to be hosting your celebration and how you danced on my sepecila song. Also thank for you remarks about the restaurant and the other guests. Yes, the audience is very important for a good performance.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope to see you back soon.

Thankful regards,

Reviewed 25 October 2013 via mobile

We absolutely loved our romantic evening Frank Sinatra performance and dinner. Fred de Jong captured Frank beautifully and sang a very wonderful repertoire of his songs!!! A show not to miss!!

2  Thank Nannymt

Dear valued guests,

What a to the point and beautiful review and recommendation.

I hope to see you back soon.

Thanks,