“Not Very Exciting”

Water's Edge 12o N Restaurant & Bar Aruba
Ranked #32 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Cuisines: American, Caribbean, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, View, Bar Scene, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Drinks, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Enjoy delicious meals with great views and the refreshing Caribbean breeze. Offering seafood, steaks, pasta, and burgers.
Brick Township, New Jersey, United States
“Not Very Exciting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We went here for dinner due to it's close proximity and beautiful view of the beach/ocean from outdoor seating. Service was ok at best. I actually felt like we were a burden to the staff here as they seemed to be more worried about the bar than us. They tried to rush us for drink orders and food the minute we sat down. Also, why do restaurants in general seem to think it's a good idea to serve children their entrees while the adults are just eating appetizers? We asked them to keep the children's food warm while we had appetizers and bring them when the adult entrees were ready. They did as we asked, but appeared to be dismayed at our "pushiness". I did enjoy my island chicken dish, which was very carribean flavored with apricot sauce and fresh vegetables over rice. My kids enjoyed their standard kids food, which our waitress offered to cut up my one daughter's hamburger when the bun became too much to eat. I though that was nice. THe cheaper bottle of wine we ordered was sold out, so the bartender personally came over with a recommendation of a more expensive wine that he gave us at the cheaper price, which was also nice. Overall, the meal wasn't bad, it just wasn't great and I had trouble relaxing due to the gaps I had with the experience. One trip here was enough.

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Glenn F

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Great food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

After major renovations of both restaurant and menu you should give this a try. We love the shrimp appetizers and the seared tuna -- but often find that the nightly special is too good to pass up.

Visited December 2013
3 Thank Susan d
Newton, Massachusetts
“Ok food, good prices”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is a hotel restaurant, right next to the pool and beach. The food is ok, my fish sandwich had lots of bun, but not a lot of fish. Kids hot dogs were huge though. Very reasonably priced, but I wouldn't rush back. Good place for a quick bite though if you are playing on the beach.

Visited December 2013
2 Thank Freya H
New York
“A good mid-level restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 December 2013

We just returned from a week at the Costa Linda and we ate breakfast every day at 12^N along with lunch once and dinner once. I wish I could rate it a 4.5 because I feel that is more appropriate.

The breakfast specials every day were good and extremely reasonably priced. Lunch was good as well and our dinner was above average. The setting was nice and the 2 for 1 happy hours and drink specials each day were good. The daily dinner special was a great touch too $35 for appetizer/entree/dessert is a good value in my book for vacation dining.

There were two small issues - 1)a member of our group asked for an omelet without cheese. We saw the waitress write it down but there was still some cheese in the omelet - like they realized afterwards and tried to pull it off instead of making a new omelet. For our dinner we ordered two steaks Medium and one Medium Rare - again saw the waitress write it down correctly. They came out one perfectly medium and two perfectly medium rare…not the end of the world but if you want 5stars the kitchen needs to read the orders correctly.

I would change two things : 1)beachside drinks should be served in larger cups. The drinks at the bar are clearly larger. I understand you cannot use 'red cups' but they make the same size in clear. Additionally the wait staff, while being extremely friendly and GREAT for breakfast and lunch, need to understand dinner dining needs to be at a different level if you want to compete with the top restaurants in the area. They weren't bad but they were still in 'casual' mode if that makes any sense.

If these are the worst things I can find regarding a restaurant, they're pretty good since they aren't actual complaints (and I'm certain we could have returned the steak to be cooked more). It isn't Passions or the Flying Fishbone - but it also doesn't have their cost and we felt it was better than the French Steakhouse. It's a great, reasonably priced restaurant.

• Visited December 2013
Peterborough, New Hampshire
“Great location, Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

I visited the Water's Edge several times while staying at the Costa Linda. Each meal I enjoyed there was wonderful. Salads were fresh and tasty (I had the Asian Salad and the Cobb Salad). Ate there for breakfast one morning, and the Monte Cristo crepes were out of this world! Dinner was also fantastic - had the seared tuna, which was spectacular as main dish. Shrimp cocktail was fresh and tasty, and the dessert - flan - was wonderful as well. The location is also wonderful, you can dine right on the beach with a great view of the ocean.

• Visited November 2013