“It was HELL I've never stayed before in my life even I travel A LOT!”
Review of Le Chateau Aruba

Le Chateau Aruba
Reviewed 30 November 2013

We did not like 95% of what we had there: - AirConditioner is not working - No Internet, sometime you can be lucky and get it for a few seconds - House has never been cleaned, trash never been removed -Coffeemaker is not working, no filters for that, no trash bags, no paper towels, no extra toilet paper, napkins and etc. -Just 1 key set for everyone -Sofa is not extendable, even if it's app-t for 2 adult people. If it's for 2 people why we should pay for 2d linen extra 20$ per day !!! It's so stupid! Thx God my friend asked linen before our arrival and took her won one. - Dirty dishes -Toilet seat is broken and it seems nobody cares about it and everything other staff.... - Owner is very rude, never said Goodmorning or if we need something else. He is always there and it's so enoying! One night he was listening the Opera so loud I had to ask him just shut his music off. You think he did it? Nop.... and he really did not care about us AT ALL! -House is NOT on the beach, there is some boat station with lil restaurant. We usually took taxi or bus to get real good beach. -So many insects! Be careful! - And he always wanted me to pay for my 6y/o daughter extra 20$ per day. For what ? For that she slept with me on the same bed?! Kidding?
So, guys if you want to have a good time in Aruba with out any trouble with the housing - stay away from this place.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
LeChateauOceanVilla, Owner at Le Chateau Aruba, responded to this reviewResponded 4 January 2014

We are sorry you feel this way, but it is obvious we got off to a bad start. Our rules are stated very clear that our apartments are 1 bedroom for 2 people. Also, it is in print that children under 6 years are free. You had miscalculated the age of your child to be 5 but the passport clearly stated the child to be much older than our free age. Even though we did not charge you for this. It is sad for you to resort to such a cruel review only because we brought to your attention the child mistaken age. By reading my other reviews, I assure a more accurate description of the property and my service will be revealed.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

In november 2013 I went to Aruba for medical reasons. I was looking for a place with a kitchen but without a beach and a swimming pool. I didn't want it to be to noisy. On the internet I found a lot of aparments and I had problems chosing the right one. I search Le Chateau on google maps and google earth and noticed that the location was perfect. It was the only one that was so close to the beach, mainstreet, airport, cruiseships, cinema and most important close to my medical doctor.
Making my reservation on the internet was a huge problem because I've never used Paypal. It was very frustrating. I called mr. Fred a couple of times and send him a lot of emails. He did everything to help me make my reservation. I was so surprised, I was speachless.

The apartment was very nice, clean and cosy. The kitchen had everything I needed. I made breakfast and dinner a couple of times. Le Chateau is one block from Digicel to buy a mobile card, it's two blocks from Renaissance, a 15 minutes walk from the shopping area and a 10 dollar taxi ride to go to SUPER food.
The only problem I had, was the wifi in my apartment. I had a very bad connection. I solved that problem with a digicel account for 1 week.

This was my first travel experience on an Island without my family and I really enjoyed it. Le Chateau is a very nice and SAFE place to stay. They have security camera, alarm, and Fred :-) Thank you for everything Fred.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We stayed in Le Chateau for 12 days. The room was simply furnished but very clean and tidy. Beds were very comfortable, and free internet was great. The forth day I had a bit of cold, I went to the owner and asked is he had cold tablets, He didn't have any but within 20 minutes he delivered the most delicious home made vegetable soup! The wife was impressed by his cooking!

Room Tip: The top floor, room with sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2012

We just spent 9 days at Le Chateau. It was absolutely perfect. One block from a lovely beach which was almost completely empty, two blocks from the Renaissance, and easy walking distance to downtown (groceries, shopping, etc). The apartment was huge and very clean. The kitchen was furnished with everything we needed. My one concern was that there would be road noise but I was pleasantly surprised to find it very quiet. The home is built of concrete and we couldn't even hear other guests. "Fred", the host, was extremely friendly and helpful.

One thing to remember: this is a vacation rental, not a condo. It does not have a pool and does not have daily maid service. It is a comfortable, fully furnished apartment in a gracious host's home.

I highly recommend it to someone looking for an independent experience.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Randa S
Reviewed 13 February 2012

My husband and I stayed in Fred's upper unit and thoroughly enjoyed breakfasts on the front porch and dinners on the back porch. Fred, an architect, designed the building himself. The cross-breeze through the upper unit was delightful. During the day, we could walk to the Renaissance Harbor to meet up with the scuba dive charters we were taking. At night we watched the cruise ships departing from the comfort of our porch, all lit up like a floating Christmas tree. Street parking is free and we left our car on the street each and every night with no problems. It was very quiet in the evenings, and stayed that way until about 7am. The kitchen was perfect for us, and Fred was very kind and lent us casserole dishes to bake chicken and fish in. My husband enjoyed the local beer and I loved the waffle cookies! Thank you Fred for the lovely experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the upper unit--the cross-breeze is a real treat.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank khalfwass
Reviewed 4 April 2010

It was my first time in Aruba and I didn't want the hustle and bustle of an expensive hotel. So I got to seeking an appartment instead, wanting also a feeling of being home while on vacation. Not only was my host Fred very cooperative with answering all my questions before booking, he was also the best of hosts I ever had : available and very friendly. It is an understatement to say this place is fantastic. It is everything a person would look for. It is just quiet enough to relax and close enough to walk to all facilities such as the the bank, the internet café, restaurants, boutiques and a little further, the bus stop, It is closest to the luxurious Renaissance hotel so hi rated restaurants, shops, the marina and the Cristal casino are a five minute walk. It is also a ten too fifteen minute walk to downtown Orangestad where you can by groceries and get a feel of the local spirit. Just accross the street from the appartment is my favorite Divi tree right in front of the water. It makes for a beautifull picture. The first three days we walked around and took the bus to go to places, and enjoyed different beaches. Then we rented a car to visit more remote areas. The one thing I will always remember of Le Chateau is that every day after a visit, it was like coming to a very securing home. All the facilities and quietness are there to enjoy a great vacation. We had access to wireless, cable tv with both english and spanish intertainment, a nice kitchen with all accessories, including ice provided by Fred, air conditioning at the touch of a button, nice warm water - you don't want a hot shower when coming back from the beach; Aruba is hot, hot, hot - a really comfortable king size bed and sofas, a terrace to enjoy the weather in the shade and good parking on the side street. This is a luxurious appartment, no doubt. You won't regret your stay. It is more than I had hoped for. My suggestions : At the airport take a taxi to the place (15-20 dollars) and once you are settled in go for a walk to see the sunset. You won't need a car for the first few days, Enjoy pina coladas on different beach terraces, go shopping, enjoy the proximity of your Suite. Then have a rental company pick you up and go strolling to the light house where a fantastic italian romantic restaurant waits for you. I am back home in my routine now, but my heart is still at Le Chateau.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank FluffyMontreal
Reviewed 25 February 2010

We arrived at Chateau on January 30th and met M Fred who knew in the first contact to put us has the ease, its apartments are very well in office of quality / price. The bed was very comfortable, room of quite ceramic shower and finally a beautiful small cooking(kitchen) and a lounge(show). Apparently if I return to Aruba we would return to Chauteau

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
4  Thank pattes
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Talk of the Town Hotel & Beach Club
Little Paradise Aruba Vacation Apartments
Vistalmar Apartments
Vistalmar Apartments
#25 of 32 in Oranjestad

Been to Le Chateau Aruba? Share your experiences!