“Stay Anywhere Else !!!!”

Little David Guesthouse
Ranked #5 of 12 Oranjestad B&B and Inns
Florida
“Stay Anywhere Else !!!!”
Reviewed 16 February 2013

I agree with the other reviewer, who stated that the owner will argue and fight with you if you do not follow his bizarre rules !

This house is so far away from the downtown area and beaches, that unless you have a car, you will spend a fortune on cabs, as no city buses come out to this area. Wild dogs and roosters roam the streets! Spend a little more money, and stay on the beach!

The owner cleaned my room the three days I was there, put my luggage and clothes away for me (without my permission), and reprimanded me when I washed out a pair of shorts and hung them to dry on a doorknob in the bathroom. He actually took several items of my clothing I had washed, and hung them outside on a clothesline (again without my permission).

The owner turns off the air conditioners on the outside of each room at the hottest time of day (10 am - 10 pm), and does not change the bed sheets or towels until every third day. Why he comes into the rooms every day is not known, other than to mop the floor, which really isnt necessary. And when you tell him you do not want your room cleaned, he will go into your room anyway, and dig around in your luggage.

He has taken several wild, stray dogs into the house, and they wander all over in the guestroom area. One night I came back late, and they barked at me continuously as I approached my room. There are also a number of cats running freely all over the property. They rub up against you, and generally are just creepy.

All in all, the owner is simply too much to handle. I recommend the Cactus Apartments in Noord. Same price, no hassle from a crazy owner....and maid service every day, with clean sheets and your own kitchen in each studio !

• Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
10 Thank Tim L

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2013

Noud and Frans have created a great experience to 'Stay Gay' in the otherwise not so gay-friendly Caribbean. The guesthouse is spacious as are the rooms. The garden is beautiful and offers sun & shade. The pool is refreshingly cool and deep enough to immerse yourself in the water. Everything is kept very clean and in good repair.
We stayed two weeks and it really made us wind down completely. We had great food and went snorkeling, to the beautiful beaches and vista's on this sun soaked island.
The other guests were enchanting and added to the laid back atmosphere of this little heaven on Aruba.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Saraota
Reviewed 5 January 2013

My partner and I stayed at Little David for a week. We enjoyed the owners that are very personable and full of character! They were very helpful with planning our travels for the day and recommendations for good dining. The house is just the right size and the property if full of beautiful plants and friendly pets. The pool area is a great place to gather in the late afternoon for a drink and chat before dinner. We did not get to enjoy the clothing optional part of the pool as there was a family and female guest staying there while we were....maybe next time!

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank VBonn
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 25 November 2012

If you want “commercial” this is not your place. If you want a very clean, safe place to be yourself and enjoy the culture of Aruba and others, this is the place. The owners have recommendations for dining, exploration and shopping to experience all that Aruba has to offer. From the fabulous tile work to the native vegetation to clothing optional pool, the facility is Aruba with a splash, and sometimes a sash!! There is no A/C during the day, only at night for sleeping, and there is no hot water in the bathrooms; it’s Aruba! There’s an outdoor kitchen and grill to cook what you catch, if you want. A midnight skinny dip is great. Loretta the parrot likes potato stixs. Each time I go it is the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.

Room Tip: Love the shower in the suite, its huge, and duel sinks. Room 2 and 3 have the best cross ventilatio...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed 13 June 2012

This was our first time staying here. We were greeted by the owner as soon as we walked in. This is a quaint little place with 5 rooms. It is a little out of the way of downtown but worth it. It was quiet and nice. It is located about 5 minutes from a wonderful restaurant and about a minute further is Jimmys Place. The owners treated us with wonderful and warm hospitality. They bent over backwards to make our stay enjoyable and memorable. They suggested great places to eat and visit. we can't wait to go back to see Noud & Frans again. This time we will be staying our entire stint there instead of a hotel.

Room Tip: Back of the house because of the sun in the morning.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ryan F
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My friend and I just returned from a trip to Aruba where we stayed at the Little David B&B. The B&B is off the beaten track and can be difficult to find if you are unfamiliar with Aruba. Once you arrive you are very much welcomed to the location and the atmosphere is very nice. They no longer serve food at this location. So if you are looking for a B&B you will no longer find it. Instead it is only a bed with coffee. That was dissapointing. During our stay there was only one other couple there and a lady who worked in town, so there was no noise issues or too many people. Overall the experience was very good but, I do agree, with another comment that the air conditioning needs to be on all day long. Immediately when the AC is turned off, the room is too hot to enjoy.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good but perhaps ask for the one with the biggest bathroom.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Flair4GoldBranin
US
Reviewed 5 March 2012

A nice place with a clean pool.The owners are very nice and Noud & Frans are always ready to help with places to go and directions.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oranjestad
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,408 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
Manchebo Beach Resort & Spa
#3 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 2,361 reviews

Been to Little David Guesthouse? Share your experiences!