“Absolutely delicious!”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 225 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Groups, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking.
Stamford, Connecticut
“Absolutely delicious!”
Reviewed 13 June 2013

This is one of the few really good restaurants on the island. Quality, fresh ingredients, beautifully cooked, with great service. The music and ambiance are great. The cool bar area and romantic outside courtyard aren't visible from the street, so I think a lot of potential customers just pass by. It's a shame because a lot of the more famous 'tourist' restaurants on the island, like the Flying Fishbone or Madame Jeanette's, have pretty unimpressive food. I've owned a vacation house on the island for six years, and this is the only restaurant I feel comfortable recommending to foodies. I won't miss a night out here when I'm on island. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013

• Hungarian first
Indiana
“Food & Service was good”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

This place wasn't on our favorite list, but we had a picky eater in our group who didn't really care for the typical European cuisine presented at many of the better places on the island; we thought some wood fired steak would shut him up.

We had reservations for 15 people, arrived a bit late due to parking issues and our table was ready to go.

The wait staff was super friendly and played along well with the jokesters in our party. I didn't find the service to be slow, but there was definitely a wait between courses as it is usual for cooked to order meals, but for the size of the group really it didn't seem delayed.

There wasn't a single meal that wasn't delicious, my own stuffed pork and French onion soup were the least good ones out of all of them. The picky eater in our group ordered the shirt ribs of the specials menu and he later proclaimed this his favorite restaurant on the island and best short ribs of his life.

I can't make any statements about consistency here, this was my first and only visit, but I would certainly come back on my next visit. The menu has plenty to offer and the deserts were delicious; the chocolate fondue comes with too many sweets and too little food though), the creme brûlée was insane, with the most even coating yet.

Really I was shocked to see this many bad reviews, I am glad I didn't pick this place based on tripadvisor as I often do, because I would've missed out on a pretty good dinner!

Visited June 2013
“Excellent meal in perfect atmosphere”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

Probably the best meal we've enjoyed on the island! Perfect atmosphere! A hidden patio surrounded by tropical plants which transform the downtown location. Our food was all perfection, and we are very particular. Our waiter Juan Carlos was very patient and offered great choices.

• Visited June 2013
Guayaquil, Ecuador
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious...”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This is really a nice restaurant: the decoration, its location and the service. The food, on the other hand, is just superb. My wife had the stuffed pork tenderloin sitting on a mushrooms risotto.... delightful, delicious. I had the grilled cobia sitting on a truffle risotto... the cobia fish was supposed to have this too fishy taste but it was treated nicely and I found it at its best point (you can tell when a fish is fresh like in this case); it blended perfectly with the risotto. For dessert, we shared the orange crème brûlèe and it was good. I would definitely come back to this restaurant on my next trip to Aruba.

Visited May 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
“Great Food!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

This place was expensive but probably the best meal we had on the island. Great snapper dish with risotto. Entrees were about $30-$40 each.

Visited June 2013