“Delicious food served in cozy ambiance”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #3 of 234 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking.
Reviewed 21 December 2013

Yemanja in back of Renaissance Marina Hotel is a small restaurant with an indoor bar and outdoor patio seating in a cozy ambiance. The patio's street side is framed by tropical foliage, adding a green touch to the ambiance.
Welcomed by friendly staff, we were seated at once, menus provided, and details patiently explained. Different from many restaurants was the very nice selection of wines by the glass, served with a good pour size to booth.
We started out with a very tasty pureed tomato soup, and for our entrees we ordered cheese over-baked grouper, and scallops with safran sauce. Both entrees were excellent in preparation and presentation, though the Mesquite smoke taste of the scallops needs to be acquired. The best came last, a dark - out of this world - chocolate mousse, presented in layers separated by wafers and complemented with brandied cherries.
Looking back, our evening at Yemanja was the best and nicest dining experience we had in nine days on Aruba.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,109)

Reviewed 16 December 2013

My husband and I had dinner at Yemanja on a recent visit to Aruba. We loved it! The food was delicious and the service was superb. I had the Chilean Sea Bass and my husband had the Wahoo (the catch of the day) and both were very flavorful. The only comment I would have is that the side dishes that came with my entree were too much. I had 4 bowls of food to go along with my fish and it felt like a waste since there is was no way I could eat all of that.
Can't wait to go back on my next trip to Aruba!

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We ended up going to Yemanja last-minute without a reservation (which I recommend you make), so we sat at the bar for dinner. I actually think that sitting at the bar made the experience so much better. We enjoyed the rustic decor and had a nice chat with the Holland-native bartender (really nice guy). We also got to watch the kitchen in action which was fun. We had the steak with truffle butter sauce (very yummy) and the Italian grouper (also very yummy). Highly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We were very happy with the decision to go here! We started with the tuna appetizer. It was delicious! My wife and I both ended up getting a meat entree. I went with the rib eye while she had the picanha. Both were very good. I wish we had ordered different entrees between us so we can get a sense of the seafood beyond the appetizer. The standard sides that comes with all entrees were excellent. Didn't give a 5 since the steak didn't blow us away. Still worth a visit and is probably a 4.5 in my book.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Last week I went to Aruba for the 3rd time. However, this was the first time I have ever heard of Yemanja and I was thrilled to have found it. The food was fabulous - said everyone at dinner! They even have a separate gluten free menu (which makes me feel better about eating at a restaurant since I have Celiac disease). I had the Scallops which were lovely... the others with me had various flavors of meat (tenderloin was amazing and every one raved about their food).

The other aspect that is important is the service. We had a gentleman named Renier (not sure how it's spelled) but he was incredibly attentive and funny. Everything came out correctly and he was very helpful. He kept us laughing in between his visits as well.

We loved this place so much that we had to come back twice during our week in Aruba.