“A+ food and dining experience”

Yemanja Woodfired Grill
Ranked #6 of 240 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$15 - US$35
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Yemanja is relaxing and welcoming with a passion for tradition and excellence. Serving international food with strong Caribbean influences prepared on our wood fired grill. Also, offering healthy foods with an extensive vegetarian menu and catering to all your dietary needs, such as vegan and gluten-free. Seating is either inside (air-conditioned) or outside on a cozy terrace. Both inside & outside seating are non-smoking.
Reviewed 10 May 2014

A group of six of us (including a few - not me - who are excellent cooks) had a wonderful dinner. We sampled each other's dishes, and every dish was great. We had three different appetizers, four different entrees, and two different desserts -- all excellent. Several of the dishes were novel -- unlike food we have had at other restaurants. Our waiter, Shazim, was fantastic -- friendly, knowledgeable, and attentive. He helped us make well-informed decisions from a very big menu. We'll be back.

1  Thank David H
Write a ReviewReviews (2,237)

Reviewed 8 May 2014

We ate at Barefoots, Pinchos, Hopi Bon grill, L.G. Smiths and Casa Tua Italian for pizza. Yemanja' s was by far the best. My husband is hard to impress at any restaurant, he was overwhelmed by the food here. I am going to let him complete this review.

My first review, so make allowances. Tucked away behind the government center, it took some time to find but worth the extra steps needed. Beverages were a unspectacular, but acceptable, house Pinot and unsweetened tea. Overall service was slow, but engaging and playful which made the actual food even better. The tuna appetizer was fresh and bursted with flavor and the truffle risotto (available side as an appetizer) should somehow find it's way to your grocers shelf. The pork chop entree was a healthy portion with a Cajun tone cooked to perfection. The grilled swordfish over truffle risotto elicited more oohs and aahs than a late night Cinemax movie. Vegetables were hot and fresh and while there was nothing left on my plate, the pork chop and truffle risotto reheated nicely and brought back the experience well. Finished up with Banana gelato with caramel and a coffee. Making another reservation for our last vacation dinner before leaving.

Reviewed 7 May 2014

Total Yum. As a vegetarian, I am always looking for place that have creative vegetarian menu options besides a boring bowl of past. Yemanja Woodfired Grill really does a great job with their vegertarian menu options. They think out of the box and deliver. My husband, non-vege, loved it too!

From their incredible bread that is unlike any other bread I have every eaten to their "yoga girl" salad, it is all delicious. (Except we found the vege tempura to be too salty and oily for our taste.) Otherwise, amazing on every other level! My husband raved about their pork chop for several days.

Plus, they have really great outdoor seating. Really nice wood fence and lush landscaping that makes it feel intimate and relaxing. The staff is great too!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

No explanations needed, just go there and enjoy the food. Every dish is special and tasty and you just want more of it! Everyone agreed that this was one of the best restaurants. Even the steak was better than at El Gaucho! We higly recommend this restaurant!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

It had been a while and I was happy to return to a favorite restaurant on the island. I was disappointed at first, because we wanted to sit inside and apparently that was a burden to their staff, so we agreed to sit outside. It made for an awkward arrival. I personally, find the "wind" from the fast setting of overhead fans on the patio a little annoying, which is why I would have preferred sitting inside. Ultimately, the service received was excellent and friendly. Food was as delicious as I remembered, with flavor and quality. The portions seemed a bit smaller than my previous visits, but the enjoyment of the food was unquestionable. Their unique recipes are so delicious that you wish to return for more.

3  Thank TisaL