Camacuri Apartments Aruba
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Andicuri Inn(Oranjestad)
Paradera Park Aruba(Paradera)
View Hotel
Divi Village Golf and Beach Resort(Oranjestad)
  • Breakfast included
Casa Del Mar Beach Resort(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
Aruba Beach Club(Palm - Eagle Beach)
  • Pool
All reviewssurfside beachrenting a carwithin walking distancetoasterlizardssupermarketdryerarubaisland
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 September 2013

It's close to the airport, so it's easy with a taxi to this appt. Strange that there was no reception avalaible, so I called the landline, but this was disconnected. This appt. is not expensive, it's clean, has warm water, a small kitchen with gear, a swimming pool and a laundry section. You will need a car to discover the island. It's a pretty long walk to the beach, so be prepared for that. There are lots of chickens walking around the appt. That's nice, but they poop on paths, which is not so nice. If you have a car available, it is good value for money to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Michael T
Reviewed 9 June 2013

It's at ten minutes walking from a beach and from the central avenue of the capital, but downtown is at 45 minutes. By taxi in a quarter you're at the airport , but no noise. Our room (big, clean, confortable and silent) was ground floor, but in that period were many mosquitoes, may be better rooms at first floor. We reccomend a car. The residence has two parking, and one is fenced. At walking distances (10 min.), behind the stadium, there's a little chinese supermarket, for the first days is enought. It's the third time in Aruba and here it's a very good quality/price ratio.

Room Tip: Against moquitoes may be better rooms at first floor.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JoeCinzia
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Just spent 2 weeks in Aruba (first visit to the island). Didn't want to stay in one of the overpriced hotels in the North of the island, so I searched for alternatives and came up with Camacuri. These are self-catering apartments/suites quite close to the airport and the stunning Nikky Beach (where you can watch the glorious sunsets in peace with a drink of your choice in hand...). The apartments are cleaned every day, so that is one less thing to worry about. The staff are exceptionally polite, friendly, cheerful and helpful.
There is no flying at night on the island, so the proximity of the airport is not a problem; even on the days when I was working in the apartment (all apartments/suites are air-conditioned), I was not bothered by the air traffic and, as the apartment is situated away from main roads, any other traffic sound.
The complex has a swimming-pool (not huge, but enough to swim a bit and cool off in) and BBQ-area, which is quite nicely set out. There are enough chairs/loungers around the pool for everyone, and an outside shower to be used prior to swimming, thus stopping sand/debris from entering the pool and bothering other guests.
They also have an enclosed, private parking area at the rear of the complex, thus allowing easy parking/access to your rental car.
One recommendation I would make is to take mosquito spray / a travel-net with, as, although they are not a huge problem, there are mosquito's on the island, and if one gets into your room it can be annoying.
They also offer a 'welcome-package' of various groceries (including wine & beer) so that you don't have to rush to the shops directly upon arrival to stock up. I ordered said package, and it was pleasant to find it waiting for me in the apartment; but I do find it quite expensive for what you get. I think that, as the supermarket is just up the road & stays open 'till fairly late, I would rather recommend going shopping for yourself upon arrival & save yourself some money.
That aside however, I can fully recommend Camacuri and will certainly try to book there again should I have occasion to visit the island.

Room Tip: Apartments for singles/couple's, suites for families.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank Ian_Healy
Reviewed 8 April 2013

I was reffered to this appartment by a friend of mine. I travelled in December to Aruba and decided that for Jan1st to the 4th I wanted to stay at a nice not so huge place with my kids. Before that, I was staying at my nieces house who went to Miami. But as I didn't feel well, I decided to look for a place where the kids could have some fun, while I was resting in my room. To have people around us, just in case...... This I decided at the very last minute. m

It's a very nice place to be. Not too large, exelent ambience, nice and clean pool. Rooms are clean and neat. Friendly hostess and personell speaking at least 3 languages. In the middle of the city but without the hustle. Very nice garden. About 10 min from the airport. WiFi service. Airconditioning, private parking, thight security,

Room Tip: Remember to ask for a room with microwave, would be handy.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank SilkRosi
Reviewed 5 July 2012

My husband and I chose Camacuri for a quick overnight stay before catching a plane to Venezuela. It looked like we could easily walk there from the airport when we landed in the evening and then walk back first thing in the morning. That turned out to be correct, it was only a 20 minute walk, but sadly my navigating skills failed me and we couldn't find the place. We finally stopped into a small restaurant on the main road to ask and, serendipitously, the woman who worked at the front desk was in line right behind us! She put her dinner on hold to drive us to Camacuri and check us in! This turned out to be especially lucky because even if we had found the place right away, we might have arrived after closing time. This is my only complaint - knowing how late we'd be arriving, their desk hours should have been made clear, since we didn't have phones and would not have been able to call to be let in. After that miracle, we had a wonderful evening. It was amazing to hit the beautiful pool after our hot walk, and the room was comfortable, cool, and clean.
If proximity to the airport or a nice base of operations for longer visits is what you're looking for, this is definitely the place!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple