“Great breakfast”

Ranked #10 of 222 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$5 - US$16
Cuisines: American, Dutch, European, International
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats, Kids, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: In May 2003, The Dutch Pancakehouse opened its doors at the beautiful Renaissance Marketplace,downtown Oranjestad. This family friendly restaurant is ideal for breakfast, lunch and dinner with your whole family. The Dutch Pancakehouse offers a wide selection of Dutch pancakes, poffertjes, eggs and other delicious menu items such as special dinner pancakes, schnitzels, and desserts. Their authentic Dutch pancakes are all handmade and baked with only the best fresh ingredients available on the island. They proudly received Aruba's first 'Best Breakfast in Aruba' award. The Dutch Pancakehouse crew is looking forward to welcome you and your family in their recently renovated restaurant for a wonderful and unique dining experience.
Taylors, South Carolina
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and the breakfast was very good. The fresh fruit pancakes were excellent. My son had the poffertjes. These were different from anything we've had previously and were very good. My wife had the Hawaiian pancakes (ham & pineapple). Very good, also.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
“An absolute must! ”
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in Aruba for six days and four mornings we came here for breakfast. It was our favorite place on the island I'd have to say. My family really enjoyed all the different pancake combinations. The service was always very good as well. I happen to be gluten free and when I told the waiter he informed me that they offered gluten free pancake options. He went as far as to bring me the bag of gluten free flour they used to see if it was to my liking. I was shocked at how accommodating they were. It was very nice and something that I am not used to when I explain to servers my dietary restrictions. The bacon is probably the best I've ever had and I highly recommend ordering at least two sides of it. You won't be disappointed. The cappuccinos were also spot on. This is an absolute must if you're looking for a good breakfast while in Aruba.

Arlington, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mini Pancakes and Crepes!”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed in the Renaissance hotel across the street and ended up having 3 of our 5 breakfasts here. They had a whole page of sweet/savory crepes, and the bite-sized pancakes (Poffertjes) were yummy. It is in a cute little square that was decked out for the World Cup, including a 15' TV for folks to watch the games.

• Visited June 2014
Naples, Florida
“A blow your mind pancake experience!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

A unique fun place for a great breakfast. Who know you could get so creative with crepes? Countless options available from sweet to savory and some combinations of both. We ended up eating breakfast here 3 of the 4 mornings we were in Aruba. While I am usually adventurous when it comes to dining, I couldn't resist going back to the Dutch Pancake Factory for more. My personal favorite was the Nutella Crepes, but whatever you are looking for you are sure to find it on the menu. Food is fresh, staff are friendly, portions are generous - a great value overall.

• Visited June 2014
LaGrange, Georgia
“Good Breakfast Stop”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

While staying at the Renaissance Ocean Suites, my wife and I stopped in for breakfast after our morning walk on the boardwalk. Had only a short wait to get a table. Coffee was quite good, and service was pleasant and attentive. Both of our breakfasts were perfectly prepared. Definitely worth recommending.

Visited June 2014