“Great ambiance and very good steak”

L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 238 Restaurants in Oranjestad
Price range: US$19 - US$55
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Situated in one of the most upscale locations in Aruba, L.G. Smith's Steak & Chop House has a sweeping view of Oranjestad's downtown marina and the bustling boulevard. We proudly offers delicious American Steakhouse fare: juicy cuts of aged, USDA-inspected Certified Angus Beef, sizzling hot from the grill; delectable appetizers from both land and sea; and tantalizing desserts, including the Signature Mascarpone Tart. Our comprehensive wine list which was recently nominated by Wine Spectator Award of Excellence includes premium selections from around the globe to superbly compliment each course. New is our weekly a la carte Brunch. Every mid-morning on Sunday, L.G. Smith’s Steak & Chop House delights each guest by delivering a culinary experience that’s handprepared by our chefs, who are well versed in pairing soups,salads and specialty desserts with mimosas, a la carte style. And, last but not least, you will be pleasantly surprised by our reasonable prices.
Reviewed 21 April 2013

During this trip we went to several of the Aruba steak houses; while they all were good, none were as good as the many great NY steak houses. Having said that, L.G. Smith has a really nice ambiance and the service is excellent. Children menu was great, able to get the right size and good quality fillet for my 7 year old. The steaks are above average. I ordered the rib eye based on high recommendations from the wait staff; the NY strip my wife ordered was even better.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,352)

Reviewed 18 April 2013

pleasantly surprised, first time eating here after many trips to Aruba and the food was excellent, atmosphere was very nice and prices were not as expensive as I thought, will put this on our list of places we eat every time we visit Aruba!

Reviewed 9 April 2013

I travel quite a bit for work, so I'm no stranger to high end steak restaurants. Do yourself a favor if you're in Aruba and want a steak...go here. My wife and I had a great dinner. Our waiter Andrey provided some of the best service I've had in all my travels, and his recommendations (and upsells :) ) were spot on. As you'll get with any high end restaurant, it was not a cheap meal. It was, however, worth it.

Reviewed 18 March 2013

Food was very good! Steak was cooked to perfection! Seafood was wonderful! Great Caesar salad, but if you don't like anchovies make sure you tell your server when ordering. Bread with butter and dipping oil is yummy! Dessert was just ok - we ordered the hot fudge sundae and it wasn't anything spectacular for an upscale restaurant - it was a scoop of ice cream with chocolate syrup, not hot fudge. I would recommend a different dessert for the price but everything else was very good!

Reviewed 17 March 2013

We ate here twice in a week and both times the steaks and seafood are outstanding. It is pricey but look for coupons in the coupon books or at your hotel. If you go request Ian as your waiter he is awesome!