“Fantastic”

Cuisines: Welsh
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Went with family, and what a great find.
A beautiful building well kept and very well run.
From the moment we walked in, the welcome was warm and the young lady who served us was excellent .
A pint of Doombar was excellent, but the food was wow.
I had the Pork Belly with garlic potatoes and it was most probably the best meal I have had this year.
It was a pleasure to find such a great pub serving fantastic food, shame I live in the midlands.

1  Thank Bluenos

Reviewed 1 May 2012

My wife and I stopped here for lunch on our way home from Tenby. We were amazed at the value on the lunchtime "two courses for £7" menu. My wife had the fish in vodka batter followed by panacotta and I had the steak foccacia followed by the Welsh cheeses and Welsh cakes. The quality of the food, its presentation, the service and the general aura of the pub/hotel were all first class and the value was outstanding. We might easily have been charged 60 to 70% more in most other places of this standard.

Reviewed 28 February 2012

Called in for lunch to try the two course for £7.00 deal. The welcome was excellent and the food for the price even better. My fish in vodka and tonic batter was some of the freshest I've ever had and my wife's nut roast was (she said) also very good. I really can't fault this pub for the price; the lunch time deal' portions were not huge but certainly adequate. We will definitely be bac'k to try it for dinner one evening.

Reviewed 18 August 2011

Arrived with two children under the age of 10 for evening meal. There were already people eating always a good sign at 7:30pm on a Wednesday evening. The menu was enticing and the food did not disappoint. The kids were well catered for along with their dad with a choice of local brews. This pub was a real find with warm welcoming atmosphere and excellent service. Thank you for a lovely evening.

1  Thank L13eaw
Reviewed 19 July 2011

Very nice 'bistro/gastro' pub in the miniscule village of Llangadog, it is also a hotel - but i never stayed there. The decor inside is a mixture of traditional welsh pub, but without the ghastly tweeness of most 'local' pubs, and a collection of eclectic photos and artworks/signs. The food is good value, we went for my teenage son's birthday on a sunday evening, when they do a 3 courses for £10 menu, excellent value, and good food. Not your typical pile it high cheap rubbish either, but stylishly presented and interesting food.
A nice place with cheerful friendly staff.