“Mixed Bag”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
“Mixed Bag”
Reviewed 21 March 2013

The Red Lion is now closed and looking for a new owner. (please check )
When we first went some years ago the lovely couple there built the business up and won best pub food...etc We had some great food there and all at reasonable prices. We stopped going after what seemed like a change in supplier regarding the food.Plus i believe some bar staff left.
As a result it slowly went downhill and we decided not to go back. I passed 2 days ago 19/3/2013
and noticed the for sale sign.Which is a great shame. So in my mind the pub went from Excellent to Average.

• Visited April 2012

Neath, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit”
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Been to the Red Lion twice now and always had the best of welcomes-the young lad behind the bar remembered us which is always nice, even remembered what I drank! Food and service is excellent and is another venue that I will visit regularly. Must try the venison or the sewin next time.

• Visited August 2012
“Excellent”
Reviewed 15 August 2012

We had a family Sunday lunch. The food was excellent, well presented and hot plates. The staff were exceptionally pleasant and efficient. We will definitely go again.

• Visited August 2012
Llandeilo, United Kingdom
“Friendly with good food”
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I had an evening out at the Red Lion with my family after my son passed his degree and although we were quite boisterous in good spirits the staff there joined in with the banter and we had a thoroughly great evening. We had 2 pre dinner drinks each and all six of us had starter and main course plus three bottles of wine and the bill was £214 which for the quality of the food I thought was excellent. The menu is really good and varied with a good variety of local dishes. Well worth a visit.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank tomstaps
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 9 May 2012 via mobile

Went with family, and what a great find.
A beautiful building well kept and very well run.
From the moment we walked in, the welcome was warm and the young lady who served us was excellent .
A pint of Doombar was excellent, but the food was wow.
I had the Pork Belly with garlic potatoes and it was most probably the best meal I have had this year.
It was a pleasure to find such a great pub serving fantastic food, shame I live in the midlands.

1 Thank Bluenos