“Cute little place”
Review of Tulip

Tulip
Price range: US$14 - US$22
Cuisines: Caribbean, Dutch, International
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Baltimore, Maryland
“Cute little place”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This cute little place was right next door to the condo we were staying at. It had the right ambience and we enjoyed the breeze. I ordered the triple course menu that included and appetizer, entree, and dessert all for $32. For my appetizer, I had mahi mahi cakes,( yummy!); for my entree , I had fudge and seafood casserole in a cream sauce; for dessert, I had chocolate mousse with fruit. The fish and seafood casserole was good and so was dessert. I also had a Passion Mojito which yummy too. Three of my friends ordered the jumbo shrimp and pasta and felt it didn't have enough sauce nor enough flavor.
I don't remember the prices for the other menu items but I think entrees were from $16 up.
Anyway, Kevin was our waiter and he was very pleasant and attentive to our needs. I'd go back again. It's right across from the beach.

• Visited June 2014
Jurgenambr, Manager at Tulip, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We are glad that you liked our new menu and our Passions Mojito. As for the order of your friends we will certainly share this feedback with our chef so we can make this entree more tasty. Thank you for your visit and for your nice comment about Kevin.

Murfreesboro, Tennessee
“Delicious Meal”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I ate at Tulip on a recent visit to Eagle Beach while on a cruise. The restaurant is small, but very good. I had delicious fish, salad and rice. My husband had a chicken po boy that he said was awesome! Our service was good and the prices were good, as well. The food was fresh and very tasty. The restaurant was very clean and had a beautiful courtyard with a lovely view of Eagle Beach.

• Visited January 2014
Jurgenambr, Manager at Tulip, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Thank you very much for the tremendous review. We are working very hard on the new concept & menu of Tulip Caribbean Brasserie and we are happy that your meal was very good. It is a pity that you were only on island for a couple of hours.
Please come back soon to Aruba and we hope you will stay with us.
“Great breakfast”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The breakfast was very tasty. The service was great. Awesome omelettes. I loved the sausage links. Never crowded. I guess we went at a perfect time.

Jurgenambr, Manager at Tulip, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate your feedback about our breakfast and service! Please come back soon.
New York City, New York
“Disappointing”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

They have change the menu and have raised the prices. Kevin is still the nicest staff member to wait on us ..we will still go their to have a drink and see him.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank jeff y
Jurgenambr, Manager at Tulip, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our restaurant. Indeed we did change our menu, however we do have a lot of reasonable and quality food on the menu. All dishes are very tasty, freshly prepared and generous in portion size. Our main dishes starts from $12.50 per person and we have some classics on our new menu like; Onion soup, Caesar salad, Escargots and a good old hamburger. Kevin as always is doing a great job and he will be waiting for you to serve you and taste the new menu.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“90 minutes lost forever”
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Our hotel recommended this place for us and we later found out that they were owned by the same people. The food was ordinary at best. Our first clue that it was not that great was that there was only one other couple there. There are a lot of great restaurants in Aruba so keep clear of this one and go there instead.

• Visited May 2014