“Hidden GEM DELICIOUS FOOD”
Review of Tulip

Tulip
Reserve with OpenTable
Tulip is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$14 - US$22
Cuisines: Caribbean, Dutch, International
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place is hidden... go thru gate with the yellow walls.... a little sign outside say TULIP... restaurant. The bus stop is 90 feet from entrance... the sevice is cpmforting an the chef can "COOK"...Charming an attentive bar tender... truly worth stopping in.. nice EASY atmosphere...price is affordable

AMBRManager, Manager at Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear ddawall2,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that you loved your experience at our Tulip restaurant and to hear that the service was comforting, that the bartender was charming and attentive and the price was affordable. We truly appreciate the kind words and we hope to serve you again in the near future!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was the restaurant on site at MVC Eagle Beach. The food was very good and you can't beat the prices. We ate there several times, including the breakfast buffet along with breakfast off the menu. The eggs and home fries were delicious and plentiful. I ordered bacon one day and got a full plate - lucky my husband eats my leftovers! Happy hour prices were amazing! Even the regular priced drinks were reasonable compared to Palm Beach where I paid $17 for a drink at one of the high rise hotels! The staff was very friendly and made us feel welcome.

AMBRManager, Manager at Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Connie K,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that you and your husband had a pleasant experience at Tulip and that you found the food to be delicious and plentiful, the drinks amazing and our staff to be very friendly.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

On our last evening in Aruba we decided on Tulip for dinner and were very happy that we did. Although I had eaten Grouper a few other times during the week, I went with the Macadamia Crusted Grouper and was delighted with my choice. It was the best of any of the other fish dishes I had tried on the island. My partner had the tenderloin and was also well pleased. The service was very good. This is somewhere I would certainly choose again.

AMBRManager, Manager at Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear TommyL1978,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are glad to hear that you and your partner had a pleasant experience and that you found the food to be delicious and the service to be very good.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We are staying at a condo in the Eagle Beach area. We opted to stay away from the "High Rise" area for a more relaxing experience and we have loved everything about our choice. One evening we decided to try Tulip which was right near our condo and it was a very good experience.

There were four of us in our party and we each tried something different. One had the macadamia nut crusted grouper, one had the Mahi Mahi, one had the red snapper and the last had the Keshi Yana which was a chicken "casserole" with gouda cheese. All were very good but I think the dish of the night was the grouper. The casserole was a very nice blend of flavors and it was something very well prepared. We were told it is a local dish. All meals were well prepared and we tried some of each. Sides are separate which can be a little confusing with the whole A la Carte thing but I guess there are some folks that don't want sides so why force it on them. We tried a couple of different sides. The rice with red beans was very good as were cucumber and tomato salad. The fried plantains did not go over well as they seemed under seasoned that night.

We were there for "Happy Hour" on drinks which ends at 6 and is Buy One / Get One. They make a very good "dirty" Martini but the Mojito's were not good. I'm not sure if it was the mint or if they used a pre-mixed solution...they were not enjoyed by the one of us that ordered them...although the other drinks were well enjoyed.

They also bring out "warm" dinner rolls which appear to have a very light seasoning and butter already inside...one word...YUM. I'm a big bread fan and having them "warm" and lightly buttered/seasoned was a very nice touch.

I'm not sure if we caught the end of one shift for a waiter or break time but at one point our waiter seemed to disappear. We sat there for a while and flagged down someone for our check. Not a huge deal but sometimes you feel a little forgotten about when that happens. I know nothing malicious or intentional was done but we just felt forgotten for a short while. Perhaps better communication when one staff member leaves or goes on break could rectify that in the future.

Overall our meals were excellently prepared with a nice "quaint" atmosphere. We really enjoyed ourselves and will recommend this place to friends if they visit this beautiful island. I rated the service a 3 because of the perceived "forgotten" feeling/situation and the value a 3 for the A La Carte side menu but the food a 5 for the excellent flavors and perfect execution on preparation.

Oh and the highlight of the evening apparently for my wife was when she got her "to go" box they wrapped it up in foil and made it into a small purse with a handle to carry...it made quite the impression on her...or perhaps it was the 2 perfectly made "dirty" Martini's she consumed...either way she loved it!

AMBRManager, Manager at Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear crappie_fisherman,

Thank you for taking the time to review us in such great detail! We are glad to see that yourself, your wife and friends had such a great experience at Tulip! We are glad to hear that you loved our variety of food choices and taste. We appreciate you recommending us to others and we hope to serve you again in the near future! Thank you!

Reviewed 14 May 2018

First restaurant I've ever eaten where the meat/protein and side dishes were a separate cost??!! I ordered the jerk chicken (which was baked chicken with NO hint of jerk flavoring), red beans/rice (which were very soft and one note taste), mixed vegetables (overcooked) and each item was a different price. I'm still perplexed and not satisfied!!!

AMBRManager, Manager at Tulip, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2018

Dear CouplesLover,

Thank you for taking the time to review us! We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your meal and that you felt that it had no flavor and overcooked. Regarding the meal pricing, this concept is being used in some restaurant so that guests can better customize their meals to their liking. You feedback will be relayed over to management so that we can improve our services and quality in the future. We appreciate the kind comments and we hope to serve you again in the near future!