“You cant' go wrong with the Marriott Stellaris!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Newark, Delaware
“You cant' go wrong with the Marriott Stellaris!”
Reviewed 24 November 2013

From the time we arrived at the Hotel until we left to go home, everything at the Marriott was perfect. When we arrived, we were greated by a friendly staff. Check in was fast. We had a garden view room. It was fantastic. It had a nice balcony with a great view of the pool, and the ocean in the background. The workout facility had everything, and was open all of the time. There were plenty of free beach chairs and towels. The beach was awesome. There was an activity counter in the Marriott lobby, and all excursions can be reserved and booked right there. If you are interested in a Hotel that is focused on making you happy, then the Marriott Stellaris is for you. I can't think of a single thing about the Marriott Stellaris that didn't exceed my expectations. While we were in Aurba, the Ritz-Carlton opened up right next door to the Marriott so we went over and checked it out. While the Ritz is certainly a beautiful hotel, I'll still pick the Marriott Stellaris as the place to stay.

Room Tip: I don't think there are any bad rooms. The garden view room we had was great. The garden area...
1 Thank Jep13
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 25 November 2013
Dear Jep

Thank you so much for your kind review, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a great stay with us and really enjoyed out island. You mentioned the balcony’s, which I have to agree are exceptional. They are huge and really do create a great spot to sit and relax in. You also mentioned the beach, and yes it is awesome, warm water and soft sand, what a great combination. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,707)
Rock Hill, New York
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Our Experience at this hotel was awesome.
The staff was fabulous the hotel and beach was gorgeous.

It was our Wedding Anniversary and the Marriott sent my wife flowers and a Bottle of champagne.

They was just awesome

I would return again and again

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear David

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Its sound like you had a great 25th Wedding Anniversary, thank you so much for sharing it with us. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Hoboken, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I just returned home from a 4 night/5 day stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort. This was my 4th time in 3 years returning to Aruba. I have stayed at all 3 Marriott properties on Palm Beach so have become familiar with the different processes of each of the resorts, and yes, they all operate a little differently, as this is a hotel versus the Ocean Club/Surf Club that are the time-share resorts.

My boyfriend and I almost stayed at the Westin resort, as I wanted a change, not because I was unhappy with the Marriott but just a change. After reading the reviews on TripAdvisor, I got cold feet and decided to stick with what we know and like, and come back to the Marriott. We are happy we did as this was another great vacation.

To not bore you with details, I will highlight on a few things:
-This hotel is immaculate!! I am a clean freak and had to search to find any dirt (and to my surprise, I did not find any). The hotel is constantly being updated and well landscaped. The carpet in the room is looking worn but it was not dirty.
-All staff is very friendly and helpful, and are not looking for gratuities, though it is always appreciated when given.
-Do not look for free upgrades!! My boyfriend is Gold status and we received nothing, other than to say, "Thank you for being an elite member with Marriott" with the Elite key. While I know Gold is not as high up as Platinum, I did not see any Platinum members get upgrades either and actually heard several people talking to management how they were not upgraded here when they get upgraded everywhere else. If you want a good room, sadly you will have to pay for it, not depend upon the upgrade. The hotel was not sold out either.
-We booked the Tradewinds Club, as my boyfriend is obsessed with the view, and as I had noted, I knew you do not get upgraded. By booking the Tradewinds, we knew we would have at least a decent view as it is on the top floor of the hotel (8th floor). Well, I certainly was right with that. The view was perfect! In reading the TripAdvisor reviews, many people have said, the Tradewinds is the place to book. Well, while I liked the Tradewinds, I wouldn't go as far to say as we loved the Tradewinds. Part of that is the expectation I had going into it. The first night we were there, we had to stay in a regular room as it was sold out our first night. No big deal. The room was on the 2nd floor and I was happy we would be moving the next day. Well, upon checking in, no one really told us what to do or what was exactly included in the Tradewinds. I had read the brochure so that was where I got my information from. I thought we would be checking in on the 8th floor (which apparently you do), but no one told us otherwise, so the next day we got our keys at the regular check-in. I'm not elitist, so that didn't bother me. Just give me my room with a view. But in the regular check-in, no one had briefed us on the various perks. So I only knew what I read. From talking to other people, they weren't briefed much either other than being given the same brochure I read online. I knew drinks were from 6pm-9pm with appetizers. We assumed the appetizers were out all night. Nope. It goes precisely from 6pm-7pm. The brochure wasn't so specific. We had dinner reservations, so it was fine just annoying. The next day we get to the beach knowing the Tradewinds Beach was to the right of the regular beach. We had read such great reviews of Hermina (the beach attendant) that I was expecting her to be welcoming with open arms. How wrong I was. When we got there, we saw her sitting in a chair talking to another couple and when I asked her how the process works, it was as if I was bothering her. Sorry for disturbing your conversation. Obviously, there were no palapas (I'll get into that next), but I had read we would receive rafts. When I questioned her about that, she goes, "Oh no baby, you're too late for rafts!" Like yes, we had gotten side tracked and didn't get to the beach until 11:30am, but honestly, there are 49 rooms. That would mean, Marriott would need to have 100 rafts. Not a crazy request for the price we're paying. Plus, the brochure made it seem like it was included. Not something that I had to rush downstairs for. When another couple heard us complain, it turned out they didn't get one either and were annoyed. The worst part is the number of people that had them that never used them. After that first day, she warmed up to us and did turn out to be a very nice and helpful woman who genuinely does seem to want her guests to have a good time. We did get the rafts the next 2 days but please note, it is first come first served. If you enjoy actually sleeping on vacation and not rushing out at 7am, be mindful of this. The breakfast and lunch were fine. Not my favorite but as I look forward to dinners anyway, it was enough for me. I did enjoy the appetizers though, as it also included sushi, and was very good. Some people made this their dinner. That's a stretch in my terms, but you can be the judge of that. Also, I was shocked at how the rooms are exactly the same, down to the soaps. In most other Marriott hotels, you usually get different amenities, such as higher-end toiletries or Q-Tips, toothpaste, etc. Just something additional. Not here. In fact, on the first night staying on this floor, I did not have conditioner. I figured, no problem, I'll go to the Club (as I didn't see the room attendant). When I ask if they have (something that to me didn't seem out of the ordinary), they go, "Oh no, you'll have to call Guest Services." Well, gee, thanks. I don't need to be paying the extra money for this "Luxury Service" as they say to be told that. They could have easily done that themselves, or oh wait, why not have it there. The brochure also says you will receive over-sized towels, which leads you to believe that they are the ones that cover the whole chair. In fact, they are the same ones as the rest of the hotel uses. So overall, with the Tradewinds, we stayed there primarily because of the view, which did not disappoint but there were not enough other amenities or services, which now seems like fake advertising, to say I would stay there again. Oh and in case you are wondering what brochure I'm talking about, here is the Tradewinds Club website that tells you the amenities: http://www.tradewinds.arubamarriott.com/
-Palapas. Oy, what can I say about the palapa system. This trip I didn't even bother to try to get one because I know the process does not make sense at all. Just be warned, that we have stayed at the Marriott in Grand Cayman, and everyone was given umbrellas. Much better process. No fighting at all took place and everyone had a smile. All of the hotels in Aruba have the palapas, not umbrellas, with the exception of the new Ritz opening next door so this is not just a Marriott thing.

If a manager of Marriott is reading this, below are my suggestions that I hope they take seriously:
-Bring back the old tea tree amenities, which were specifically branded for Marriott Aruba. If you can't do it for all floors at least do it for the Tradewinds. You underestimate how far these little touches can go.
-The Marriott in Grand Cayman not only has umbrellas, but also towels that cover the whole chair and hook onto the back of the chair so it doesn't fly in your face. Again, if you can't do this for the whole resort due to cost, at least look to do this for the Tradewinds floor.
-If you have breakfast in Tradewinds from 7am-10am, and lunch from 12pm-2pm, then you should have the appetizers longer than 6pm-7pm. Even till 8pm would be better.
-I've heard enough fighting about rooms, that I think you really need to evaluate if the room views you're promoting are the room views you're giving to people.

Overall, I know it seems like I was unhappy, but part of the problem when you love the resort so much, is that you start looking for ways for that resort to improve. The Marriott is really a great place to stay and the people you meet there have gone year after year, which means they're doing something right. So I promise, if you're considering staying here, you will not be disappointed!!

6 Thank Harris M
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Dear Harris

Thank you very much for your review of our hotel, it is very much appreciated. Although I am happy to hear that you will be back again next year, I am sorry that Tradewinds did not work out for you. We have many guests who have mentioned on Trip Advisor that Tradewinds was a great experience, but it obviously was not for you and I am sorry about that. We do have many rooms with great views, so hopefully next year you will be able to book one of our premium or partial ocean view rooms, all of which do look out onto the beautiful Caribbean Sea. If you do make the reservation, please let me know so that I can meet up with you when you arrive. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon. (Oh and to answer your question, yes the Hotel Manager does read this, and thank you very much for the feedback)

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Visited on a girls trip last week. Great place to go to relax by the pool or beach! We did have an issue our first night with our AC not working. It was resolved around 1 am. We didn't choose the tradewinds package so we purchased the buffet one morning and went to the cafe in the lobby another morning. The food was just ok at both places. We had dinner one night at Simply Fish on the beach which again we were not impressed with the food and I ended up having to send my dessert back which I never do!! Not sure if the tradewinds package has different food then what we purchased. The fish tacos and the grouper sandwich at the pool bar were awesome and we took advantage of the 2 for $14 happy hour drinks. I would say overall it was a decent hotel but I wasn't overally impressed.

Room Tip: Our room on the 7th floor had an awesome view!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Travel_GoddessNY
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 21 November 2013
Dear Travel Goddess

Thank you for taking the time to write your review about our resort, I am however sorry that we missed the mark for you. We try to constantly improve what we do, so your feedback will be useful and I will certainly share it with our team. You did mention the Fish Taco’s and Grouper Sandwich, which you are right, are awesome, so I will also be sure to pass on that great note to our culinary team. Again thank you for your feedback and I do hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Aruba.

Parkville, Missouri, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I came to Aruba for our 1yr anniversary and the Marriott Stellaris did not disappoint. This is an exception resort located on palm beach with amazing views and crystal clear water. Dave at the front desk made the start to our stay feel very welcoming and as a platinum member it was greatly appreciated. We had the premium ocean view suite on the 7th floor and the view from our balcony produced pictures that looked photo shopped. The resort has numerous places to dine, from a great steak at Ruth Chris to a pool side bar with snacks and amazing frozen drinks. Make sure to go to happy hour at 3pm for 2 drinks for $14. There is a main pool with a volleyball net and a waterfall. There is also an adult pool with cabanas for more relaxation. The beach offers numerous umbrellas and is in walking distance of any activity you can imagine. The casino is great if you want to play slots or bj, but lacks a poker room. The overall location is great as you get the best beach and you are very close to all the shopping and restaurants. A must stay when coming to Aruba!

1 Thank Shelby B
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Shelby

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort, and that your anniversary was celebrated with us. You mentioned Dave, and he really does deserve your great comments, I will be sure to pass them along. You also commented on the photos you took, you are so right, pictures of the ocean here look photo shopped, but they are real. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

springfield, mo.
Reviewed 19 November 2013

Stayed for a week at the Tradewinds which is a lot like an all-inclusive. Top floor room with a good view of sunsets and pool area. Got free breakfast & lunch everyday and great free happy hour with delicious appetizers from all of Marriott restaurants. Great meal at Ruth Chris Steak house and Simply Fish was good too. Enjoyed the casino nightly and it varied on luck. Very nice beach and pools. Had to rise early to get a good beach or pool chairs as people liked to reserve them early morning. Located next to the Ritz that was just about open. I would probably try another property next trip to get a more Aruba feel. Marriott is very consistent and expensive but you know what to expect. If staying here you will need a rental car much easier than playing the cab game. Loved Windows of Aruba the best for dining.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a sunset view.
Dear ChefeMark

Thank you for your great review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am so glad that you enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge, it really is a lovely dose of luxury and I am sure the team will be thrilled to hear of your wonderful comments. Again thank you for your review and I do hope you choose to stay with us again next time you are in Aruba.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The beach was so beautiful! Second best to Anguilla, from the islands I've been to. There are no waves so not for you if you're a surfer. We were traveling with our 3.5 year old and he had a great time. Pool is not big but still it never felt crowded. There were always lounge chairs available. Didn't bother with the palapa system. We just went around 10am to the towel hut and took whatever was available. It was not the front row palapa but it was just fine. Since we had our little one, we didn't venture out of the resort and ate all our meals inside the hotel. Sad to say that none of our meals were spectacular. Best was lunch at pool and beach side. The fish tacos were great. Worst was dinner buffet at La Vista. Ruth Chris Steakhouse was just ok. Breakfast buffet was not bad but doesn't change and it kind of gets old after a few days. I was excited about trying out Simply Fish our last evening there but our little one fell asleep and we had to cancel our reservations. We ordered room service that night. Drinks at the bar are overpriced at $10/drink. Coming from NYC I'm used to that price but it's not reasonable for a watered down drink in a small plastic cup. And the bartenders at the pool were not especially friendly, so I would say the whole experience wth the bar was not a good one. Bummer for a vacay. The hotel itself is very nice and clean, and I found the layout to be very convenient. Lobby is great, especially with the little snack cafe. I've read complaints about cig smell by the casino but I didn't smell it at all. And the beach is just beautiful. Housekeeping was awesome. Aside from doing a great job cleaning, they left a small gift for our son every day but it might be because we left them a tip every day. When we left the room to check out, I realized I left my ipad in the room before getting in the elevator and just as I was turning around to go get it I saw the housekeeping lady running towards me with my ipad. I wish I got her name. Small gestures like that really leave an impression. Overall it's a nice place but nothing about the hotel wow'ed me (except for the beach) and it relatively wasn't an excellent value for the money spent so I'm giving it 4 stars. Paying extra for Premium Ocean View landed us on a 4th floor room with very limited view of the ocean. And there was a wedding going on that night which the front desk said will end at 8 but the loud music and dancing contiued on beyond 9pm and it was still loud with our balcony door closed. Not fun after traveling with a toddler and wanting to unwind in the room. After a few phone calls and trips down to the front desk, we were moved to a 7th floor room with a better view so that saved the trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ArubaMarriottResort, The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Dear Angela

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!