“Nice Marriott Great Staff”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Highlands, New Jersey
“Nice Marriott Great Staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

We stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort in early December. We had a premium ocean view room on the 7th floor in room 761. The odd number rooms see the pool and ocean, the even number rooms see the outside of the hotel and will see the ocean but not the pool on the north side - on the south side you'll see the adult pool. We requested a room on the south side of the hotel on the 7th floor based on other reviews, but having been there, either the north or south side would be fine. The staff was excellent but I'll comment on two issues we ran into. The first issue, the pool bar drink menu had the wrong prices - so you order some drinks, get the check and you are charged more than expected. At the bar, I was told the menu was wrong and the price was right on the check. I let the staff at the front desk know and they refunded the amount we were charged over the menu price and also gave a couple of free drinks. The second issue was that the guest services book in your room suggests the bars & restaurants close at one time, but actually the kitchen closes earlier and that is not mentioned. So, be careful about your timing for lunch, snacks and drinks - dinner times were more accurate. The book also had the wrong room service menu but the "At Your Service" team sent us a copy of the right menu. In all cases, I was told they will fix the menus and guest services book, though that was not yet done by the time we left. Not what I would expect from a Marriott.

The hotel is at the North end of the High Rise area and too far to walk to town on the road. BUT, you can walk down the beach and in about 10 minutes be right in the thick of things! We didn't eat much at the hotel. We ate Italian at the LaVista, had drinks and apps at the pool bar and otherwise ate at the lobby café. We ate at a few other places in the area - Barney's and at the mall (need a car), The Pelican Nest & Hadicurrari (can walk to both from the hotel).

Room Tip: Even rooms on the north side of the hotel will have you mostly looking at the Ritz Carlton so I'...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear LT

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, I am however concerned that we have inaccurate pricing on our menus. You are right to expect this type of information to be correct, and we obviously failed you on that. I am very sorry that this was your experience, but will certainly review this with our Food & Beverage team. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,653)
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

The Stellaris hotel is nice. The pool area and ocean are wonderful. However, if you are a Marriott rewards Platinum Elite member including lifetime do not expect any special treatment from this hotel. They have a area where they serve breakfast to their trade winds guests but it is not available to any Platinum Elite Member not staying on the Tradewinds floor. Thier Tradewinds customers are treated very well everyone else is just another customer. Never experienced this at another Marriott so surprised. Breakfast in the restaurant will cost a cool $25 per person for the buffet. They charge $4.40 for a bottle of water at the pool bars. Overall the stay in Aruba was great. After the snub to Marriott rewards members I spent my money elsewhere on the island. Most restaurants are very reasonable we went to several special places and spent well over a $100 for two per night for dinner. We could have paid less but chose a few upscale restaurants. The views from the rooms are better for the higher levels. There is no laundromat on site so if you want to wash some of your beachwear you will need to send it out for cleaning. Other than pool and ocean area not impressed with this Marriott. There are a ton of better ones including Hawaii that has the same kind of views and most of the hotels on the island in Aruba have great views and Ocean access. So this was just so-so at a high price.

Dear Beachdiver

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of our resort, it is certainly appreciated. I am sorry that we do not have a concierge lounge for you to enjoy as a Platinum member. Marriott Resorts typically do not have lounges as these are mostly a business hotel amenity designed to make business travel more enjoyable. A few years ago we did introduce the Tradewinds Club, which is a hotel within a hotel concept for our adult only guests, and I do understand how this can be seen as a lounge. Your loyalty to Marriott is certainly appreciated, and Elite members make up the majority of our guests here in Aruba. We however missed the mark on recognizing your status with you, and I am genuinely sorry for this. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba soon.

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013

My wife and I had the opportunity to stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino during the first week of December. Upon arrival we were greeted with a complimentary non-alcoholic beverage. Our check in was professionally handled by Maurits who was a gentleman. Our room wasn't ready so he found us a similar room that was and we were on our way. I can't say enough regarding how professional and hospitable the staff at the Stellaris are. They were all very attentive and willing to go the extra mile to ensure all went well. If you spend time at the pool make sure to say hi to Jasmine who was a doll. She kept those drinks coming especially during happy hour. Thanks to all who made our stay awesome!!!!

Dear NY JusRelaxin

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a blast while staying with us, and that Maurits and Jasmine made it special for you. I hope the cold back in NY is not too bad. If it is you can always come back to Aruba for another sunny break.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2013 via mobile

I just got back home from Aruba. It was my 3rd time here and my 1st visit at the Marriott.

4star rating

Overall-This is a very nice resort. The beach and pools were the best part of my stay. We were with family members that have a timeshare at the Surf club and reserved a palapa for every day. This was huge! The sun can be intense.

Room-We had an ocean view room with a balcony. Waking up every morning to a gorgeous view of the pool and the ocean was spectacular. We didn't know about the Tradewinds upgrade prior to this trip. We tried to upgrade upon check-in, but all the rooms were booked. I would definitely book a Tradewinds room on a future visit.

Casino-The Ritz just opened a few weeks ago. We liked their casino better, so we took the short walk over to play.

Food/Alcohol-I only ate breakfast and lunch on the property. I loved the grouper sandwich and the fish tacos at the pool bar. The cafe in the lobby was fine for me for breakfast and snacks. Make sure you take advantage of the happy hour specials! Most of the bartenders mentioned it, but a couple did not. It's also worth it to buy beer, etc. at the local store and bring it in a cooler to the beach.

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Marriott and recommend it. While the Hyatt is still my favorite resort in Aruba, I would stay at the Marriott as well. I can't wait to go back. Bon bini!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Leoprincess22
Dear Leoprincess

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our rooms. I have to agree the view is spectacular, and with our huge balcony’s you are able to sit out and enjoy it. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Glendale, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

I usually love Marriot hotels but I was slightly disappointed with this one. We stayed in the main building and the rooms were so-so. They were old and needed some updated. Choice of resturants was not the greatest. The pool however is very nice and refreshing. I did not like the location of the hotel as it is at the end (well now the Ritz is the last hotel on the beach strip) of the strip of high rise hotels and is quite a walk to the center of the high rise area where there are more resturants. The casino was ok but also like most of the Carribean hotels needs some sloth machine updates.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
Dear Nancy

Thank you for your review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am however disappointed that the hotel did not work out for you. We are constantly upgrading our resort and casino, with new machines added every year, this said we will certainly take your points on board as your feedback is appreciated as this will help us improve. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013

My husband & I returned to our favorite place the week before Thanksgiving for much needed down-time. As usual, we received impeccable service from the staff. Special shout outs to Hermina (cabana), Erna Solognier (Trade Winds dining area), Daniel (downstairs indoor bar) along with the young lady who checked us in on the first day 11/17 at 4pm (blonde hair). They all made us feel very welcomed, knew how to take care of the guests, and were just over all pleasant in every way. Bravo! We loved the Governor Suite 727, it did not disappoint and all the amenities from the Trade Winds floor dining. Simply Fish on 11/19 was amazing as usual, the staff who waited on us could not have been more polite (wish we caught their names). We can honestly say that this was a picture perfect Marriott beach resort experience. Looking forward to seeing the Marriott A team very soon!

Room Tip: Ocean view is a must. Also, by having Trade Winds food included is a really cool deal & saves yo...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Frequent Flyah

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Trade winds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. You mentioned Herminia, Erna & Daniel who are all superstars. I will be sure to personally thank them and pass along your great comments. You also mentioned Simply Fish on the beach, which is one of my favorite spots on the island. You really can’t beat dining with your toes in the sand, priceless. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Marathon, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2013

This was our first trip to Aruba, we stayed at this Marriott and we couldn't have asked for more! Thank you to Vangie, Annie, and Lucia! These girls helped us and even left a bottle of champagne and an assortment of cheeses in our room! We will recommend anyone and everyone to stay at this Marriott. Great little cafe right in the lobby that was very convenient while we were on the run during our stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear NC123

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,740 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,861 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,200 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,363 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!