We stayed at the Marriott Aruba Resort in early December. We had a premium ocean view room on the 7th floor in room 761. The odd number rooms see the pool and ocean, the even number rooms see the outside of the hotel and will see the ocean but not the pool on the north side - on the south side you'll see the adult pool. We requested a room on the south side of the hotel on the 7th floor based on other reviews, but having been there, either the north or south side would be fine. The staff was excellent but I'll comment on two issues we ran into. The first issue, the pool bar drink menu had the wrong prices - so you order some drinks, get the check and you are charged more than expected. At the bar, I was told the menu was wrong and the price was right on the check. I let the staff at the front desk know and they refunded the amount we were charged over the menu price and also gave a couple of free drinks. The second issue was that the guest services book in your room suggests the bars & restaurants close at one time, but actually the kitchen closes earlier and that is not mentioned. So, be careful about your timing for lunch, snacks and drinks - dinner times were more accurate. The book also had the wrong room service menu but the "At Your Service" team sent us a copy of the right menu. In all cases, I was told they will fix the menus and guest services book, though that was not yet done by the time we left. Not what I would expect from a Marriott.
The hotel is at the North end of the High Rise area and too far to walk to town on the road. BUT, you can walk down the beach and in about 10 minutes be right in the thick of things! We didn't eat much at the hotel. We ate Italian at the LaVista, had drinks and apps at the pool bar and otherwise ate at the lobby café. We ate at a few other places in the area - Barney's and at the mall (need a car), The Pelican Nest & Hadicurrari (can walk to both from the hotel).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach