“Best Vacation Spot in Carribean” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Saint Charles, Illinois, United States
“Best Vacation Spot in Carribean”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014

We stayed here for 5 days and it was the best time ever. The food was superior over Mexico and Punta Cana. We never had a bad meal. The rooms were very clean and super comfortable. The pools and the beach are the best in the world. The weather is always beautiful. 90 degrees with a nice breeze. We hung out at the Adult pool mostly and Franklin was pretty much the best bartender ever. Everyone was so friendly, they said Hello and How are you - it was so nice. We will never go to Mexico again. Love this place.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Ellen C
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 13 January 2014
Dear Ellen

Thank you for your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. You are right about Franklin, he is absolutely amazing. I will be sure to pass along your wonderful comments personally to him. It sounds like you had a blast while in Aruba, the perfect vacation. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,641)
Midlothian, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have stayed at this resort several times and have always had an amazing time. The first time that we actually stayed, April 2013 I had made several flights to get there, switched flights in between due to delays and was actually meeting my husband there after a long convention in Las Vegas. So a vacation was really needed. In the process my luggage got lost, the staff at the hotel was most accomadating in helping to get it back, even tho it took several days the girl at the sign-up desk for reviewing the resort was the most instumental, forgive me for not remembering her name..However, she went beyond the call of duty to have a friend of hers who also worked for Delta as I do, go to the airport, pick up my luggage and bring it to the hotel. This was an amazing effort to me as an employee of the airline we don't get our bags delivered when they get lost, we have to go get them. However that stay was great after that. The breakfast buffet at the La Vista is one of the best we have ever discovered. We are gold with Marriott, hoping for Platinum this year as we travel a lot since that is a perk of the airline, so we see a lot of hotel and meet a lot of staff and I will say that Marriott Aruba Stellaris staff is one of the best. We also did the Simply Fish one evening and it was beautiful and a good experience with dining on the beach, a must at least once, save your money a little and don't get the Lobster, I have had better for less money, heard several of the fish dishes were better may try that next time. We love the casino and the convenience of its location, we went every night, I am a big Blackjack player, do wish they had more tables at times, it was often difficult to get in on a table but when you did it was a good time.
We had good experiences at the beach and the pool never really needed for a table or chair, the guys at the beach were more than accommodating when looking for a chair. We fell in love with this hotel and came back again in October of 2013 three weeks after I had had major surgery, It had been scheduled before knowing I was going to need surgery or the exstent of the surgery. I really wasn't up for the travel so much because I had several things that needed to be accommodated. I was on a strickly liquid diet and had brought all of my soups and blender with me to try and make the trip more doable. I was really there to recover and enjoy a different scenery so a balcony was most imported. When we got there we forgot that we were booked in a garden view room but the staff that checked us in Romea and I believe the managers name was Raul, (forgive me if this is wrong) was most helpful in suggesting to us the tradewinds upgrade which we took because even though I couldn't eat anything it saved us still in the long run because my husband could go in at leisure and eat and I could join him without pressure to order something. The service in the Tradewinds was impeccable, the service on the beach is just as good...they make you feel like a King and Queen. We are now addicted to the tradewinds experience and will probably never be able to go back without booking the tradewinds. We enjoyed the gym and casino while we were there the gym in Aruba what better way to get your strength back right? I fell in love with the Tradewinds Robe, most plush robe ever, had to take one home with me. Did call the Mandara Spa for a facial got ready to book it assuming we were talking $100-$140 max for a facial was a bit floored when I was quoted over $200 for the facial I wanted, I had to repeat myself in saying "for a facial" little sticker shock there....The basic cheapest facial was $197, I have done a lot of facials and that seemed over the top pricey for me. So I missed out on the Mandara Spa experience, maybe next time.

Room Tip: Go for the Tradewinds....seems pricey at first but it will pay for itself
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fabenz88
Dear Fabenz

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear you have enjoyed our resort a couple of times, and made the most of our restaurants. I love the pictures you took, especially the sunset one, every time I see the sunset on Aruba I am amazed at its beauty. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

This review is WAY overdue. My husband and I had the pleasure of spending 7 amazing nights at this hotel and I have to say it exceeded our expectations. First let me say if you are on twitter start following @arubamarriott - this hotel (like all Marriott hotels) do a FABULOUS job with the social media management. I felt like a guest months before I arrived because of the social media interactions I had, and their dedication to serving their guests even before arrival.

Upon arrival we were greeting with a cool towel and beverage upon check-in. We had an ocean view room and the view was STUNNING no matter what time of day. The food and service was unlike anything I received on vacation and we always felt were we a priority. Aruba is known for their customer service, but this hotel exceeded our every expectation. The most fabulous aspect of this hotel is the private adult pool area. It’s peaceful, large, quiet, romantic and everything you would want in an escape.

Before this vacation my husband was not enthusiastic about travel. He would go on a trip, but not entirely look forward to the idea of travel. Due to the superior service, accommodations, customer service and attitude of this hotel- he now LOVES to travel. Every day since we left he says “I cannot wait to go back to Aruba”.

A few tips. The second week in September is a hot but fabulous time to go. Upon arrival (or before arriving) make sure you make a reservation at Simply Fish for a dinner at sunset. Simply Fish is a hotel on the beach at the hotel and a Sunset dinner is one to remember.

If you happen to follow my other reviews you will find Marriott has been amazing for us. And because of this (particularly because of the Marriott Stellaris Aruba) we are now Marriott credit card holders and plan on earning points so we can return to this hotel as soon as possible.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Samantha

Thank you so much for your brilliant review, it is very much appreciated. I have to say I love you title; it is not often you hear the word silly anymore, and it really made me smile this morning. I think I will use the word silly all day today, thanks . Thank you also for some great pictures, the one from simply fish is lovely, what a great spot. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed for ten days and loved it. We would sight see for a couple of days and then lay around the hotel for a day. We used both the cabanas by the pool and the covered lounge chairs on the beach. Someone wrote a review about having to "bribe" them to get a good spot on the beach, which is funny. What actually happens is, if you pay $30.00 ahead of time you can choose your spot and we were right on the water. Otherwise on any day you can show up and take what is left and it is free. They come with towels and water. The cabanas are $50.00 an come with unlimited bottles of cold water and a large serving of fresh fruit. In either the cabanas or on the beach since you paid it is yours for the day and you can leave and come back. At the cabanas you can order food and they will bring it to you. I recommend cover from the sun because I saw some really bad sunburns.

The food is pretty expensive but we thought dinner on the beach was worth it and the Thursday Carnival show was nice. Otherwise if you just walk down the beach there are places to eat and if you cut through to the street at the Holiday inn there is shopping and an abundance of places to eat.

Only down side was a very bad smell n the gym for couple of days that had something to do with the sewer. Other than not getting to use the gym for a couple of days the gym is great. They have lots of equipment.

One note, although the hotel is smoke free the casino is not and you can really smell it in the casino end of the lobby. My husband has respiratory issues so it is a problem. Just ask for a room in the north tower and all will be well.

Room Tip: To avoid smoke from the casino ask for a room in the north tower.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank txtfa001
Dear Fabenz

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you were able to get in some sightseeing around Aruba while you were here, it really is a beautiful island, well worth seeing. I am however sorry about the smell in the gym while you were here, we had a problem outside of the hotel that affected us, but we have now been able to help fix this. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Marriott never disappoints us! Had another Fab vacation the week before Christmas. Especially the La Vista restaurant. Food maintains its quality year after year. Buffet is fab for quality & price. If you go, ask to be seated in Keith's section- for dinner. He truly shines as an amazing server extraordinaire.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Jan404
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Jan

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the hotel and La Vista team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

Great hotel. Beach is beautiful. The staff great. Margaret and Erna at Tradewinds are absolutely essential. Herminia is the very very best at the beach huts. She knows her craft. Margaret gives the best advise....she got us to airport during storm chaos. Will definitely be back soon.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank willyburg
ArubaMarriottResort, Hotel Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Dear Willyburg

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Trade winds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. You mentioned Erna, Margaret & Herminia who are all superstars. I will be sure to personally thank them and pass along your great comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

It was perfect. I am a Marriott fan. Love the company. This hotel was awesome. The people, the location, everything. Every person here that I ran into was so nice. The hotel is right on the beach and they have a great pool with a swim-up bar, even though we did not spend much time there because the beach was too nice. The sand is clean, the water is outstanding, and every imaginable water sport is available right there! Lounge chairs are gratis for hotel guests and we never had a problem getting them right on the beach. We went to the Casino twice. It was fun. We loved eating at Ruth's Chris Steak House, and enjoyed three meals while staying here. They have the best steak. I will review it in another post. We also had breakfast at the La Vista buffet (very nice breakfast buffet) and ate dinner at Simply Fish right on the beach (food wasn't anything amazing but it was very cool to eat by tiki torch light, barefoot on the beach with sand in your toes). Getting back to the hotel. We had a 4th floor king suite. Very nice. It was big, and yes had one of the lovely beds that you hear about. Had a small fridge and nice size bathroom with full size tub and separate shower. There was also a walk-in closet, which is a nice addition. You can't do better than this location. It's a must. I used the Mandara SPA, and was very pleased. I had hurt my leg and she was so good to work around where it was hurt. We could not think of one issue during our stay. So, use the pool or the beach, both are very nice. If you come to Aruba, you have to stay here.

Room Tip: We had a 4th floor room with a great view of the pool and ocean. I think room 420
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Joe M
Dear Joe

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a great time in Aruba, and the pictures look great, especially the one with just the sand and the ocean in the picture, the color of the ocean is beautiful (and yes it really is that color!). Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,661 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,799 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,306 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!