My husband and I came here for our honeymoon June 15-June 21. After exploring the two time share properties next door as well as the Ritz on the other side while we were there, we felt that this hotel was the perfect fit for us. Just the right size with not too many kids. There were two main pool areas - one adults only (there are iguanas everywhere though!) and one with families. The place is not overrun with kids, but not dead either.
We loved hanging out on the beach area the most. Instead of basing our trip around the 4pm and 7am free palapa give-aways, we just paid for them on two different days. The first day we took the $75 option ($25 goes toward the palapa - on the front row, and the rest needs to be spent on food and drinks for the day - which we easily spent). The next time we had bought beer at the grocery store so we paid for a $25 palapa (still need to do this the day before or that morning because all that's left when you want one right then is the $75 option) that was in the middle of the palapa section, but still only a few steps from the water. Beer is expensive everywhere on the island, but the hotel especially. $7-8 a bottle (10 oz bottle). At the grocery store you can get Amstel Bright (the local Caribbean Amstel that tastes similar to Corona) for $2 a bottle. Mixed drinks will run around $8-12 depending on the special.
Cab ride from airport to the hotel on Sunday was $28. To the airport on Sat was $25. Cab to and from Oranjestad on Friday was $11 each way. Cab to and from flying fishbone was $30.
Most nights we walked to the shops/restaurants across from the Holiday Inn - Radisson area. Plenty to see and eat within walking distance. We also ate at Ruth's Chris and Simply Fish and did the breakfast buffet at La Vista one morning. Ruth's Chris and Simply Fish were incredible! La Vista looks exciting but the food is just ok. You can walk down to Moomba Beach Bar for the $11.99 breakfast buffet that is just as good if not better tasting (they also make omelets).
For our honeymoon, we were surprised when we came back to our room on the second night and there was a bottle of champagne and two pieces of chocolate cake for us, along with a nice note from the lady at the front desk - Yvon. Nice touch!
The maid service was awesome, even folding my husbands clothes he left strewn all over! They also left us a nice handwritten note.
We did the time share talk next door (2 hours) and got a $175 voucher to use at the restaurants on property (can also be used at some restaurants and stores elsewhere). We thought it was worth it. Low pressure.
Platinum rewards members get free in room Wi-Fi, $50 to make calls home, and 10% off in the restaurants.
I'm glad we didn't upgrade to the Tradewinds all-inclusive because there are so many great restaurants around the island and we would have missed out if we felt like we needed to get our money's worth at the all inclusive. Gianni's and Casa Tuo (both near Senior Frogs) and Flying Fishbone were some of our favorites.
We will definitely be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach