This is the third in a line of marriott properties on this stretch of beach. The other two also show up on travel booking sites but they are time share properties so seem to sell out quicker. In the last week of February every comparable hotel seemed to be in the $450+ range. We booked four nights on points and paid 100+ for an upgrade to an ocean view room. In hindsight, we wouldn't have paid for it. Yes, we did have ocean views. But we were in the inner part of the u-shaped hotel and the rooms on either arm of the U would have really nice views too.
Nice balcony on a decent floor. Well equipped hotel. They put in a cot for our toddler.
The first evening we got lucky when we walked up to the hut assignment desk and they happened to have a cancellation for the next day and gave it to us. The other days we went just before 7 to get one. They also give a few out in the afternoon. Hard to get one in front though. We didn't even try to pay for one so no idea how the paid ones work.
Service on the beach is pretty slow. They brink over drinks and food in flimsy disposable containers and it takes forever. They offer flatbed flats for five bucks. They were free at the Hyatt.
The beach is wonderful. Weedy on one side but really great otherwise. We did a family tube ride and that was fun. My toddler really enjoyed it and remembers it to this day.
We were able to enjoy the lazy river in the adjoining resort a few times. On the last day they pulled us out because err didn't have a waistband. It is supposed to be used by surf club guests only. A pity.The cafes and lobby shops in the other two resorts have more options for breakfast, snacks and other necessities like milk and soda.
The lively part of town is opposite the Hyatt and is not walking distance from this Marriott. Be sure to head there in a cab in the evening.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Southall Travel, Priceline, Odigeo, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach