“June 13, 2014 Vacation”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Had a great stay at the Aruba Marriott Resort. Met a number of wonderful staff members but wanted to especially thank Jarelis, a casino staff member, who was very professional, sweet, attentive and a great "Ambassador" for the Marriott Hotel.

We had some very good meals at the hotel but especially enjoyed Simply Fish with Jorge and Juan....

We look forward to our next stay next year.

Room Tip: We paid extra for a premium ocean view room and enjoyed it very much..
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Margaret C
ArubaMarriottResort, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Dear Margaret,

Thank you for your review of the resort and for acknowledging some of our amazing associates. You mentioned in particular Jarelis, Jorge and Juan, who are great associates.
We look forward to welcome you back in the future.
Thanks for reviewing our resort

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,049)

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I travelled with my 87 yr old mother and my sister Nov. 13-18. We found the resort clean, beautiful and extremely comfortable. You don't even have to open the doors, they are automatic. Makes you feel like a queen every time you leave the building. Booked a partial ocean view room and it was spacious, and clean. The balcony was large and we enjoyed being outside without leaving the room. My mom sat out every day reading the local papers while my sister and I enjoyed the beach.

The beach is beautiful and the sand is smooth as you enter the water. Food service on the beach is easy too. Robert was always there making sure we were covered. Ask for a bucket of ice and cups and in no time you'll have ice water for an hour or two. The palapa system sounded complicated, but really wasn't. Get in line at 3:30pm for the 4:00 distribution or get in line at 6:30am for the 7am slots. If you don't like the one you got at 4, come back in the morning and maybe get something better. Of course you can pay in advance if preferred.

We enjoyed dinner on the beach at Simply Fish the first night. What a way to start a vacation - feet in the sand, at the water's edge, watching the sunset. The second night, we ate at the buffet LaVista for the Carnival night. My waitress made sure I got a gluten free pasta meal. It was perfect. We enjoyed it so much that we ate dinner there every night after that.

After reading reviews, I chose the Marriott Resort but still worried that it was not as nice as it sounded. It was exactly what I needed and can't wait to go back! The Adult Pool is quiet and relaxing. The regular pool has lively music and the beach is beautiful.

Everyone is extremely helpful. The staff enjoys helping the guests and it shows.

If you are really not interested in buying a time share, just tell them so. Don't waste time indoors if you don't have to. Went for the presentation, which i found interesting, but I prefer the hotel atmosphere better.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Claybaby2013
ArubaMarriottResort, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

Dear Claybaby2013,

Thank you for your lovely review of the resort. Sounds like you and your mom had a fantastic time together in paradise. We are glad to read your feedback regarding the palapa's, we do try to accommodate as much as we can. Simply Fish is truly a beautiful spot to dine and enjoy Aruba's beautiful sunsets. We look forward to welcome you back to our resort.

kind regards,

Reviewed 27 June 2014

I've been vacationing in Aruba for over 25 years. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn, Wyndham, and Radisson. For the last many years I have been staying at the Marriott exclusively. I travel to the island twice a year for 2 weeks at a time. I do love the resort but it seems there are consistent issues each time I visit.
1. La Vista restaurant- Management doesn't seem to know what to do about dinner service here. Every time I visit on vacation , there is a change in the buffet nights. I have to say that this visit was the absolute most ridiculous. There is 1 lobster buffet night..and the rest of the nights are all the same. It's quite obvious they are trying to save costs while continuing to charge the same $. The food offerings are much less and poor choices. Who wants to eat "beef stew" at a seafood buffet. Prime rib is no longer offered at the lobster buffet night which was also a poor decision. In an effort to "promote" the buffet as told by one of the hostesses..they cut their a la carte dinner menu to barely a handful of selections. I know that when I come back in November here will yet again be more changes in this restaurant. I think they need to consider offering theme nights if they still want to continue with a buffet offering....mexican..italian..seafood..Caribbean..pizza/pasta/salad..etc. Otherwise, maybe they need to cut their losses and do away with the dinner buffet permanently..and just offer an extensive a la carte menu. The breakfast buffet has been consistent..but I have noticed its up to $25 pp now. Prices are getting a bit out of control. I could walk past the timeshare buildings and get a full breakfast for half the price...which is what I'll be doing from now on. I feel like the hotel is driving away customers rather than trying to keep us.
2. Upgrade issues- I have consistently for the last couple of years been denied a room upgrade as a Marriott Gold member. I do understand that rooms may not be available at the next category but don't understand why you couldn't bump someone 2 categories then...especially someone like me who spends 4 weeks a year at the hotel. Prior to this past stay I had sent an email expressing my concerns and did hear from the Director of Room Operations who graciously upgraded me from a garden view room to a premium ocean view room on the 7th floor. I appreciate the generosity and kindness extended to me this past stay and would like to say thank you. Unfortunately, I feel like the problem with upgrades will not be resolved and will continue to be a problem. The management needs to understand they have to treat loyal customers with special perks if you will. It's our word of mouth that brings you new customers.
3. Room conditions- I think it's time that the hotel does some renovating/upgrading of the rooms. The carpet in our room was absolutely filthy. The carpet is supposed to be a gold color but it was a grayish black from dirt. The air conditioning is on the weak side and doesn't cool enough. I was told by an engineer that the hotel fixes thermostat so it can't be adjusted to save money...that's crazy. The water pressure in the shower is weak also..which causes the use of more water to finish bathing. Doesn't make sense when water preservation is an issue Marriott is a proponent for.
4. Lobby cafe- I frequent this cafe often during my stay. Sometimes in the morning for breakfast..other times in the evening for espresso drinks. The quality of offerings isn't bad..but it's obvious there's a lot of cost cutting going on there. In the past there would be a selection of 6 or 7 different types of muffins for breakfast..now only 3. Dessert pastries are not replenished daily as in the past..by the looks of it it's now every few days..as they try to sell off whatever is left. My best regards to Nora, Juanita, and Bibi..I look forward to seeing them again later his year. They are so kind and so helpful.
5. Casino- I found out during this past stay that you cannot use casino points in the same way towards your hotel bill. Now, you need double the points if using it towards the room portion of bill. Again, it seems like you want to drive away customers rather than attract or keep them. Also, it's been a long time since the casino offered raffle events. They used to do this at least a couple of nights a week, and it would attract large crowds on those night. It seems like they don't care about their customers.

On the positive, I do want to say that the majority of the employees that I have encountered during my stays here have been phenomenal.

I would be happy to discuss any of these issues of more with the hotel if they are interested.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Mimi1107
ArubaMarriottResort, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Mimi,

Thank you for your review of our resort, it is appreciated. We are sorry to read you felt some glitches throughout your stay. Your feedback helps us to improve our guest service and we will address your feedback to the various departments mentioned. Matt, the Hotel Manager is currently away, but we will notify him to contact you directly for more information in case needed.

Thanks for reviewing our resort

Reviewed 27 June 2014

We were there the last weekend and it was and awesome getaway trip! Mrs. Erna from the front desk helped us a lot and definitely made a difference for our trip. We really hope to get there again sooner. Thanks a lot guys! We loved every single thing about your resort! Next time? Tradewinds Club!

Room Tip: Make the room reserve with plenty of time and try your best to get to Tradewinds, south wing is way...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrés C

Dear Andrés C,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Sounds like you had a fantastic time with us. We look forward to welcome you back in the near future.
Once again thank you for your review.

Reviewed 27 June 2014

great value. enjoyed the stay a lot. would come back again.
would also recommend the place to others , including family and friends. remember to bring plenty of sunscreen and insect repellent as there can be a lot of bugs along the way. overall, it was a fantastic trip for us all, we have already rebooked our holiday for next year with the same hotel. thank you very much.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank nadia1222

Dear nadia1222,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you had a great time with us. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

We had a wonderful, relaxing time during our trip away from our kids last weekend. We upgraded to the Tradewinds floor after two nights, which we LOVED. Great food, service, AMAZING views from our room.

Pros: Tradewinds Club!! Great location, great rooms, incredible service, beautiful beach, good gym, good food! The adult pool is great (although wish it had a view of the ocean). Erna at the front desk was spectacular. She arranged champagne and strawberries for my husband's birthday, arranged our mid-trip upgrade and was generally very helpful.

Cons: Had to get up really early to reserve a beach hut.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Tradewinds Club!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ran42

Dear ran42,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. It sounds like you really enjoyed our tradewinds lounge; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury. You mentioned Erna, who does a great job, thank you for acknowledging her talent. We look forward to welcome you back to Aruba.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Good location, good room view, good gym (which is my priority) and good every thing!!
This is my first trip but am already planning a second one next year...with friends. Thinking of having my Thanksgiving Party here!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank umunnem
ArubaMarriottResort, Guest Relations Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear umunnem,

Thank you for your review of our resort. Let us know if we can assist planning your Thanksgiving vacation.

the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino team

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!