“Marriot Stellaris ”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

This was our first trip to Aruba. Within 10 minutes of arriving at the resort we knew we would be back. Our room was amazing with a fabulous view of the ocean. The whole vibe in the resort was mellow and relaxing. The water is warm and relaxing and the constant trade winds keeps you comfortable on shore. The beach was never overcrowded The staff is friendly and can't do enough for you It was a wonderful vacation am we can't wait to go back to the Stellaris

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Mary Ann P
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Dear Mary Ann

Mellow and relaxing, just how a trip to Aruba should be. Thank you so much for staying with us and sharing your experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to Aruba again soon.

There are newer reviews for Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just got back last night and could not wait to write to say what a wonderful time I had at this resort!!! The place is very neat and very clean. The room was large and comfortable. The resort was set up such that it was easy to get from place to place. The pool areas and the beach were well taken care of. Dinner at the beach was simply the best!!! The entire staff that I encountered was extremely welcoming! Some deserve a special "shout-out": Beverly from the front desk, Clifford at the beach/pool, Sherine at La Vista, Jasmine at the pool, and Jorge at the adult pool. Each remembered us and always greated us with not only a big smile, but with lovely conversation. As for activities, the Dolphin snorkling trip was terrific!! The crew was bery personable and did everything to make the trip perfect!!! A good time was had by all!!! Loved it a hundred time more that Marriott at St. Thomas.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rosemary R

Dear Rosemary

Thank you for your kind review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. I will be sure to share your review with our housekeeping team; they work very hard to keep everything clean and sparkling and will appreciate your kinds words. You mentioned Beverly, Cliff, Sherine, Jasmine and Jorge who are all spectacular at what they do. I will make a point of personally thanking them for you. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Usually it is not a good sign when the check in at a hotel is a long and stressful one. Such was NOT the case here at the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba. My friends and I just got back from a glorious (7) day stay here. Upon arriving, we were warmly greeted by Beverly, one of the ladies at the hotel reception desk area. Her smile and her lovely attitude, not to mention her impeccable manner of professionalism was outstanding. She made it such an easy process, took the time to explain everything to us, answered all questions,(especially pertaining as to how the internet works). What an asset she and all others at the Stellaris are. Management should be very well pleased knowing that their employees are keeping the customers happy and satisfied.
I also need to mention Erna who is also stationed at the hotel lobby check in. Like Beverly, she helped me with some questions regarding my hotel bill and needless to say, was a tremendous
help in resolving my questions/concerns.
In the adult pool area, a respectable and likeable gentlemen named Clifford saw to it that we were comfortable under our umbrellas while resting on our lounge chairs. Clifford laid our towels every morning for us, and made sure that if we needed anything, he was there for us. Again, always with a smile on this face. Near the sip/dip bar, Jasmine and Jorge also saw to it that our needs were taken care of. Serene, one of our servers at the La Vista restaurant, made our mornings pleasant by her happy smile and her warm reception given to us.Upper management at this hotel should very proud of how their staff interacts with the customers, for that alone will always bring them back to this fine establishment. 0ur group is already looking forward to our next trip back.

Room Tip: we were in the North wing, was quiet and had a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Barbara Z

Dear Barbara

Smiles go a long way, and it is great to read you received lots of them while you were staying with us. Beverly, Erna, Cliff, Jorge, Jasmin and Sherine are all superstars, and they will be thrilled with your review when I show it to them. Thank you so much for recognizing them. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I just returned from a week stay at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino. Before we left for the trip I read the reviews on Trip Advisor to see what I could expect. I read ALL the reviews....especially the bad ones. Let me tell you - Your vacation is what you make of it! And there are some Crabby people out there!
First of all - we book this room on Marriott points....and I had enough points for a "construction adjacent" room. Which meant that I would be looking at the parking lot at best. After reading the reviews - I saw that if you were celebrating something to be sure to let them know. Well, I recieved a call about a week in advance of the trip from Chandra, one of the Marketing Reps for the Marriott and the Vacation Club. She was very sweet and asked if she could help us with anything, or if there was a special celebration. I told her it was our 15 wedding anniversary and we had saved our Marriott points to come and celebrate in Aruba. She was very congratulatory and asked if she could do anything to make our stay special. When we arrived at the hotel to check in... my "construction adjacent" room was upgraded to the 8th floor Ocean View!!! Jalissa at the front desk was so sweet and wished us a Happy Anniversary! I knew right there that the Marriott cares about their guests!
The room was good! It is what I expect from a Marriott. They do need some new carpet - but it was always clean and tidy. The maids were fantastic! I even left my safe door open one day and she called security and had it closed....nothing was taken and made me feel very secure!
The adult pool is fantastic! Amy the waitress was a riot and we always had fun with her! We had a few days that the pool closed at 4pm for a wedding...but why would I be-grudge anyone that beautiful setting for an extra hour at the pool!
I actually ran into Chandra a few times - (the girl that called me a week before) I thanked her for the wonderful room and she offered to make dinner reservations....she suggested Papiamento - and it was FANTASTIC!!! I also recomment Madame Janettes too!!!
Chandra was a great representation of the service of the Marriott. When ever we saw her it was like an old friend! She went out of her way to help us! Thank You Chandra!
We didn't go to the beach - much prefer the adult pool - and there were only adults (and iguanas) at the pool!
The Casino is one of the nicest on the island! It may smell like stale cigarettes a little, but what casino doesn't! The hotel lobby is true to a Marriott lobby...very clean lines and professional. But there is a great Cafe and lobby bar. Drinks and food are expensive...but there are other bars and resturants down the beach.
I highly recomend you sign up for Marriott rewards if you are not already - it is free and there are lots of perks - especially free WIFI.
We had a great time at the Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino and will certainly stay there on our next trip to Aruba.
Your vacation is what you make of it! SO make it a great one!

Room Tip: Let them know it is a special occasion...High floors have the best view!
2  Thank Kajeen I

Dear Kajeen

Thanks for the Fantastic review, reading it made my morning. I will sure to personally thank Chandra and Amy they will be thrilled to see your lovely comments. I will also share your kind words about your room attendant at the next Housekeeping meeting. I am happy to see that you enjoyed our island to the fullest; it really is a beautiful place. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

The property is beautiful, rooms are great, pools/ beach area gorgeous. It is the staff that was off, in particular the desk and beach towel service... just not what you'd expect from this kind/brand of resort. There was one particular employee at the beach towel kiosk who didn't give a damn. He never (in 3 days) had 2 clean towels and every time asked for us to wait 20 mins to get a fresh batch. The third time I got annoyed and "magically" some towels appeared... was he expecting something in return? For towels? Really?
The beach "palapa's" (shaded spots at the beach) policy is amazing to me. You have to pay $30 per day to reserve one. Or stay in line for an hour the day before (on your vacation!!) to put your name on a list. Marriott, work on this issue, please, maybe build more Palapas? And while you are at it consider a SMOKING section. One day we had a guy chain smoking cigars next to us at the beach!! There were families with kids, seniors, and me who hates cigar smoke and expect a day at the beach surrounded by fresh air.
The lobby also stinks of cigarrette smoke. Maybe installing a door to get in/out of the casino would help.
I insist, the hotel is super nice, most people were super nice, but, yeah, there is certainly room for making people's vacation even better.
Just saying

Room Tip: Room 534 is a great choice, pool/ocean view and you get charged for "partial ocean view"...
2  Thank Maria V

Dear Kayuga

Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay, it is very much appreciated. I will certainly use your comments with our team as your points are valid and well taken. The best way for us to improve what we do is to listen to our guests and your feedback will be very useful for us. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I are here on your beautiful island for the third time! This trip we are here to celebrate our 45th wedding anniversary. On previous vacations we have stayed at the Hyatt. This is our first time to be a guest at the Marriott, but because of one of your associates, Erna, it will not be our last.
When we checked in on Friday, Erna greeted us with genuine warmth and a beautiful welcoming smile! My husband and I have never felt so special as we did on Friday! Erna was the epitome of customer service! I didn't feel like I was checking into a resort, I felt like I was being welcomed home by an old friend!
Later that evening when we returned to our room after dinner, Erna had sent us a lovely hand written note, a bottle of Champaign and two delicious pieces of cheese cake! We were overwhelmed!
I just wanted to say "Thank You!" Erna has gone above and beyond to make a special day in our lives, even more special. She has a sweet spirit, a love for people and a heart as big as Aruba! Don't ever let her go! She takes ownership at that reception desk and is a priceless asset to your resort!

2  Thank 911Anita

Dear 911Anita

Thank you so much for sharing your 45th wedding anniversary with us, its sounds like you had a blast. You mentioned Erna, and I agree she is brilliant at what she does. I will make a point of popping out to see her today so that she can see your kind words. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I visited Aruba for the first time in July and stayed at the Marriott using reward points. Like many other gold and platinum members mentioned, I was expecting more perks. I traveled with my two teenage sons and we had a garden view room (which had a partial view of the sea) but we were not upgraded either. We did receive free wi-fi and 10 percent off food purchases ( which was not automatically deducted from our bill but was after I followed up at check out).

Our room was spacious and kept clean. We received turn down service a few times during the week. We really enjoyed the beach and the pool. For the most part we only ate lunch at the hotel mostly at Waves and we enjoyed the food and drinks. Overall we loved Aruba -there are many great restaurants, and the watersports were plentiful and lots of fun. We enjoyed walking to Eduardo's beach shack for smoothies and fresh fruit and to Scott's brats for breakfast burritos in the mornings. We did both the jeep tour and snorkeling with depalm tours and really enjoyed them both.

We definitely plan to return to Aruba and will most likely stay at the marriott again. My only bit of constructive advice would be the need for more wait staff at the pool and on the beach. We were never offered service at the beach and only a few times at the pool. This was the biggest difference from other resorts I've stayed at.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank dgezelle
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Dgezelle

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed Aruba, it sounds like you had a blast exploring our island. Like you, I also wish we could have upgraded you, our Elite members are very important to us and we do upgrade when we can. We are a very popular spot for Elite guests to redeem their hard earned points with us, and each day we do upgrade many guests, however it is not always possible to upgrade all of our Elites. You also mentioned some constructive feedback about our pool and beach service, and we will certainly use this to help us improve what we do, thanks for the pointers. Thank you very much for staying with us and taking time to review our resort.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!