“Overall service” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Caracas, Venezuela
“Overall service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

My 4-yr old daughter cut her toe at the swimming pool and though the cut was very tiny a couple of paramedics first aided her. Additionally, they sent a bunch of gifts with a greeting card to the room not only for her but also for my son. They also called the day after to check how she was doing with her toe. Moreover, my little son turned into two years old and room service people surprised us with a birthday cake, chocolate cookies, and milk shake that morning. Marriott Aruba Resort staff certainly knows about the taking good care of guests and offering them an unforgettable vacation experience. That is why I've staying at Marriott hotels around the world during more than 10 years. Thank you all Marriott's people!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Guedesjl
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Guedesji

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (We did love your comments about our Loss Prevention team, and will make sure they get to read your lovely review)

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,640)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

At check-in we were informed that I hadn't reserved a room with double beds for myself, husband, and two kids. We were there for a wedding, and it happened to our friends as well, so...yeah. I mean, it's fine if the hotel overbooks because it happens, but admit it - don't try to make it seem like we made the mistake. When I asked if they would be moving us to another room the next day, she said she would call and see if that was possible (implying that it was *still* my mistake). She would see what she could do, so picked up the phone and called someone like she was doing us a big favor. After hanging up the phone, she informed us that yes, we would be able to switch rooms the next day. I asked when so I could be prepared. She did not know but to call the front desk later that evening. I called before we left for dinner. They still did not know. When we returned from dinner, there was a letter staying that we would be moved at noon the next day. Great, so we woke up and immediately went off to the pool. The move did not happen until late afternoon. Again, this is fine, but if that was what we had been told in the first place and if we weren't already supposed to be in the room the first day. The last thing a family wants to do is not settle in right way with young children.

Our new room ended up being right next to the elevator, which made a gong-like sound periodically. Luckily, we were rarely in the room and are heavy sleepers. Again, I would not have minded the noise so much if we hadn't started off in the wrong room and had been blamed for it.

However, after the room situation was settled, our vacation improved immensely. The front desk ended up giving us the lower rate for our room, so suddenly the gong-like sound was a little less annoying.

The kids enjoyed the pool and beach areas. Roberto, a server out by the palapas, was super helpful. A really nice young man (I wish I remembered his name!) at the Ocean Club's towel desk walked me to the Kids Club even though I insisted he didn't have to. I am glad he did. Not the easiest place to find the first time. The kids club is two Marriott properties away (there are also timeshare properties - The Ocean Club and The Surf Club). They have movie nights twice a week so that you can have an adult dinner. We took advantage one night, and they loved it. It included pizza, popcorn, and other activities.

The property is clean and well-maintained. The staff, for the most part, was polite, but not so much with each other. We saw a lot of eye rolling and frustrated sighs, which bugs me no matter where I eat, stay, or shop, even though it's not towards me. Housekeeping will leave chocolates if you leave a tip. We did not have our room cleaned every day.

The Lobby Cafe is reasonable, respective to other options at the hotel. We had our first breakfast and lunch there for a total of almost $100 for the four of us. We ended up taking a cab to Superfoods ($9 each way, but there is a $2 trunk charge) to buy food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Keep in mind there is only a small refrigerator in the room. We ate dinner out every night, but didn't take home leftovers, as there was no room for them, nor a microwave to heat them up.

The chicken strips and chicken quesadilla at Waves (in the evening it becomes Simply Fish) are delicious. We ate dinner at Simply Fish one evening, and it was delicious. Good options for the kids and service was excellent. Friends had the La Vista had the lobster buffet and said it was ok.

The concierge desk was helpful with setting up tours. We didn't do any of the Red Sail Sports activities because our kids are too young. The gift shop is well stocked with drinks and snacks. If you forget any swim gear, there is a shop that is not exorbitant.

Check-out was fine. There was an error on the bill, but it was fixed immediately.

Overall, my kids loved it. We had a good combo of pool and beach fun, got to see the island, and my husband played two rounds of golf (only one 18 hole golf course, which is an $11 ride away). I would consider staying here again with the family, but would definitely research all-inclusives to compare.

Room Tip: All have an ocean view. Request pool or garden view otherwise you face the Ritz, but still have an o...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TravelingMom312
Dear TravelingMom312

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back tomorrow he will go through your comments with the team.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The waiters Franklin and Uri were wonderful to us. We are going to miss them and their service. Never had to wait for a drink. Food was great served fast. Would definitely return. They deserve a big tip

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Carly S
Dear Carly

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (Franklin and Uri will love your comments, and I know that Matt will show them your review when he is back in tomorrow)

Bowie, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

First time we ever have been to Aruba. We had a great time at this resort. Pool is great. Food is a bit pricey but figured it would be at a resort. Casino area was really nice. Had a nice massage and wife had facial at spa.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Redneckatheart
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 1 August 2014
Dear Redneckatheart

The beaches on Aruba really are nice, so I am glad that you enjoyed them. You also commented on the spa, which has just been renovated, so again I am happy to hear you both enjoyed it. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2014

Not sure why they call it one happy island. All the locals seem miserable. The rudeness of the staff at the pool, towel hut, and cafe was astounding. They always got my coffe order wrong and sneered at me when I mentioned it. Not sure they even spoke English. They would just nod at me and then do that ever they wanted anyway. Tonight is my last night in room 557. July 31, 2014. We are elite Marriott members and I could not be more disappointed.
There is no ventilation I the bathroom so the whole room was like a sauna when anyone took a shower , and needless to say , with 4 people in our room, there were other times when we needed ventilation in the bathroom. The toilet overflowed all over the floor. There was yelling and screaming from other rooms at night . My daughter fell and hit her head at the pool and they could not have cared less.
The food was terrible and 4-5 times what we would pay in the US. The drinks were 11 dollars a op and I don't think there was more than a drop of alcohol in them.
You had to fight for chairs at the beach and pool. We had to reserve th at 6am, and people still stole our spots. Today they are cutting down trees with chainsaws. All day.
I'm disgusted. All the time and money spent on this vacation and it's ruined. The locals seem resentful and disgusted with tourists. I would never come to this hotel again. This is our last night, Thursday, July 31st, 2014. And I'm happy to leave.

- Jennifer Spencer

• Stayed July 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
6 Thank Jenspen68
Dear Jennifer

I am so sorry that this was your experience of our resort. It is never pleasant to read such feedback, but please be assured that it will be used to help us improve what we do. I sent you a note to your room this morning and I hope that we are able to talk before you leave later on today. Again I am sorry that you did not enjoy your time with us, but will make sure that you feedback is acted on.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I enjoyed a wonderful seven night vacation celebrating our one year anniversary at the Marriot Aruba Resort and Stellaris Casino. Resort staff was very accommodating and always friendly and eager to make our stay a great experience. We took advantage of the Tradewinds Club and upgraded which allowed us special opportunities, such as breakfast/lunch/dinner appetizers/drinks/etc, palapas on the beach, ocean floats, and much more. Hermina was always accommodating, from setting up our towels and palapas, surprising us with cold waters and refreshing cold wash cloths, and offering friendly conversation. The rooms were very nice and the resort itself was very clean. We enjoyed our stay and we would definitely return to the Marriot Aruba Resort in the future.

Room Tip: You still get ocean views from all rooms although you may not be ocean front.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jessica H
Dear Jessica

Yes Hermina on the Tradewinds beach does love to surprise you with a cold facecloth, just yesterday she surprised me with one and ran off laughing, she is a blast. I will make a point of letting her know about your review when I visit the beach later on today. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

First time to Aruba for my wife and I and, after reading all the reviews, decided to go with the Tradewinds option at the Marriott (and very happy we did). Had a great room overlooking the adult pool and a balcony that you can really sit on and enjoy.The hotel and property are very nice and I like that it is almost at the end of the hotels at eagle beach (seemed to make it less congested around the beach area versus the other hotels). Pool areas were great as well and thought the adult pool was one on the better ones we had ever been visited given its size and layout. Took full advantage of the food and drinks in the Tradewinds lounge but also visited some of the closer restaurants for dinner which were very good as well. I think even without taking advantage of Tradewinds this would be a great place to stay and looking forward to the next trip - if nothing else to get my money back from the casino!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank dapMassachusetts
Dear Dapmassachusetts

It sounds like you had a great time in Aruba. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our Trade winds Club; it really is a nice touch of adult luxury. You are right about our beach being a little less busy; our location is nice in that we are not in the middle of all the major hotels which helps reduce the beach traffic. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,659 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,798 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,305 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!