“The Friendly Hotel”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed 1 August 2014

The people of Aruba call the Island "the Happy Island" but it is also the "Friendly" Island and the staff of the Marriott Hotel couldn't have done more than they did to help us have the most restful, relaxing, happy vacation. We went to celebrate my birthday and many of the staff celebrated with me. We felt so welcomed and were treated so well that we want to go back again as quickly as we can. I'd like to mention some of the staff who were exceptional. At the check-in desk, Manager Marielle made sure we had a special room for my special celebration. Erna ordered a birthday treat and she and Beverly were always available to help us with any needs. Bell service was also incredibly helpful and I'd like to mention Frank, Romeo and, especially, Atiba who was always available to chat and smile with us and give us advice. At the pool Jose and Lilian made sure we were well taken care of. At the Lobby restaurant, Nora always greeted us with a smile and helped us begin the day with someone who treated us like a friend. And last but not least, there was Maribel, the sweetest housekeeper ever. Our room was immaculate and she too helped me celebrate my birthday by decorating the room. Ruth's Chris restaurant is in the hotel and we went there for my birthday dinner. The food was fabulous but the staff even better. Thanks you Marisol, Renato and Tamara. Also on premises is the jewelry store Gandelman. The staff there, Gigi (Brigida Marante), Mario, Carmen, Zulma, Lahviera and Felisiano helped my husband buy my birthday present. All in all, this was one of the best vacations, and birthday celebrations, we ever had. Masha danki to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for an partial ocean or ocean view room. The ocean in Aruba is amazing to look at.
2  Thank Gail E
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Gail

Thank you so much for your lovely review, and thank you for mentioning so many of our brilliant associates. I will make sure to personally thank all of them for you. I love that you posted a couple of nice pictures with your review. I never really know who most of the reviewers are as the usernames are different, so it is nice to see your picture and now when I see you again in your favorite spot I will be able to thank you in person. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I look forward to see you again.

Matt

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Write a ReviewReviews (6,177)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This was our first time to aruba and the resort was very good.The beaches and sand were very clean.The lobby caffe had a lot of things, I went down there every night for gelato! The pool was also nice at night because it was light up. There were a lot of activities at the resort I would definitely return and stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the limited view and we still had an amazing view of the water.
2  Thank Sofia M

Dear Sofia

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (Oh and we all love the Gelato also, especially the Snickers flavor)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

We stayed July 24-30 (our second trip in 2 years) and this resort has quickly become the premiere resort on the island. It's clear the resort is being managed very well and that's reflective in the courteousness of the staff, cleanliness of facility, new family activities, etc.
We opted for a package that included a breakfast buffet and we weren't disappointed. The variety of food was great and we had no complaints. The dinner buffet is also very good and for those who want to venture out, there are several restaurants within walking distance.
My son loved the pool and we were able to find chairs there every day during the week. The beach is also great, clean without much seaweed. The water does not get deep so it's very family friendly.
Casino was fun and didn't get too crowded while we were there. It was a bit smoky (as are all casinos on the island) but the dealers at tables are happy to accommodate 'no smoking' requests; that helps.
Again, I highly recommend this resort. It will definitely be number 1 on Trip Advisor soon.

Room Tip: The views from the junior suite are spectacular. Look at booking a package that includes breakfast.
2  Thank davedmaine

Dear Davedmaine

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today (he says he is at a meeting, but we think he is really windsurfing) so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

My 4-yr old daughter cut her toe at the swimming pool and though the cut was very tiny a couple of paramedics first aided her. Additionally, they sent a bunch of gifts with a greeting card to the room not only for her but also for my son. They also called the day after to check how she was doing with her toe. Moreover, my little son turned into two years old and room service people surprised us with a birthday cake, chocolate cookies, and milk shake that morning. Marriott Aruba Resort staff certainly knows about the taking good care of guests and offering them an unforgettable vacation experience. That is why I've staying at Marriott hotels around the world during more than 10 years. Thank you all Marriott's people!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guedesjl

Dear Guedesji

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (We did love your comments about our Loss Prevention team, and will make sure they get to read your lovely review)

Reviewed 1 August 2014

At check-in we were informed that I hadn't reserved a room with double beds for myself, husband, and two kids. We were there for a wedding, and it happened to our friends as well, so...yeah. I mean, it's fine if the hotel overbooks because it happens, but admit it - don't try to make it seem like we made the mistake. When I asked if they would be moving us to another room the next day, she said she would call and see if that was possible (implying that it was *still* my mistake). She would see what she could do, so picked up the phone and called someone like she was doing us a big favor. After hanging up the phone, she informed us that yes, we would be able to switch rooms the next day. I asked when so I could be prepared. She did not know but to call the front desk later that evening. I called before we left for dinner. They still did not know. When we returned from dinner, there was a letter staying that we would be moved at noon the next day. Great, so we woke up and immediately went off to the pool. The move did not happen until late afternoon. Again, this is fine, but if that was what we had been told in the first place and if we weren't already supposed to be in the room the first day. The last thing a family wants to do is not settle in right way with young children.

Our new room ended up being right next to the elevator, which made a gong-like sound periodically. Luckily, we were rarely in the room and are heavy sleepers. Again, I would not have minded the noise so much if we hadn't started off in the wrong room and had been blamed for it.

However, after the room situation was settled, our vacation improved immensely. The front desk ended up giving us the lower rate for our room, so suddenly the gong-like sound was a little less annoying.

The kids enjoyed the pool and beach areas. Roberto, a server out by the palapas, was super helpful. A really nice young man (I wish I remembered his name!) at the Ocean Club's towel desk walked me to the Kids Club even though I insisted he didn't have to. I am glad he did. Not the easiest place to find the first time. The kids club is two Marriott properties away (there are also timeshare properties - The Ocean Club and The Surf Club). They have movie nights twice a week so that you can have an adult dinner. We took advantage one night, and they loved it. It included pizza, popcorn, and other activities.

The property is clean and well-maintained. The staff, for the most part, was polite, but not so much with each other. We saw a lot of eye rolling and frustrated sighs, which bugs me no matter where I eat, stay, or shop, even though it's not towards me. Housekeeping will leave chocolates if you leave a tip. We did not have our room cleaned every day.

The Lobby Cafe is reasonable, respective to other options at the hotel. We had our first breakfast and lunch there for a total of almost $100 for the four of us. We ended up taking a cab to Superfoods ($9 each way, but there is a $2 trunk charge) to buy food for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. Keep in mind there is only a small refrigerator in the room. We ate dinner out every night, but didn't take home leftovers, as there was no room for them, nor a microwave to heat them up.

The chicken strips and chicken quesadilla at Waves (in the evening it becomes Simply Fish) are delicious. We ate dinner at Simply Fish one evening, and it was delicious. Good options for the kids and service was excellent. Friends had the La Vista had the lobster buffet and said it was ok.

The concierge desk was helpful with setting up tours. We didn't do any of the Red Sail Sports activities because our kids are too young. The gift shop is well stocked with drinks and snacks. If you forget any swim gear, there is a shop that is not exorbitant.

Check-out was fine. There was an error on the bill, but it was fixed immediately.

Overall, my kids loved it. We had a good combo of pool and beach fun, got to see the island, and my husband played two rounds of golf (only one 18 hole golf course, which is an $11 ride away). I would consider staying here again with the family, but would definitely research all-inclusives to compare.

Room Tip: All have an ocean view. Request pool or garden view otherwise you face the Ritz, but still have an o...
2  Thank TravelingMom312

Dear TravelingMom312

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back tomorrow he will go through your comments with the team.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The waiters Franklin and Uri were wonderful to us. We are going to miss them and their service. Never had to wait for a drink. Food was great served fast. Would definitely return. They deserve a big tip

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Carly S

Dear Carly

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (Franklin and Uri will love your comments, and I know that Matt will show them your review when he is back in tomorrow)

Reviewed 31 July 2014

First time we ever have been to Aruba. We had a great time at this resort. Pool is great. Food is a bit pricey but figured it would be at a resort. Casino area was really nice. Had a nice massage and wife had facial at spa.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Redneckatheart
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Redneckatheart

The beaches on Aruba really are nice, so I am glad that you enjoyed them. You also commented on the spa, which has just been renovated, so again I am happy to hear you both enjoyed it. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Matt

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!