“Outside was better than inside”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The good: Right on the beach. Pool was nice. You can borrow their towels so no need to bring one from home. Lots of palm trees and palapas that gives that tropical feeling. But the best thing were the iguanas. I loved them! They like to congregate on the big rocks near the Jacuzzi.

The bad: I thought the beds were uncomfortable. There is a mini-fridge in the room but no microwave. The casino was weak - no craps and no poker room. For a resort like this, why aren't local calls free? The nickel-and-diming was a bit annoying after paying $250/night. The restaurants were grossly overpriced, so we went elsewhere.

2  Thank ILOVERMONT4
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Ilovermont4

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (Oh by the way we love the picture of the iguana, the color green in the picture is amazing)

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Write a ReviewReviews (6,104)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

I got back a couple of weeks ago from another wonderful vacation in Aruba. I've been to Aruba many times, although it was my first time at this hotel. I am a Marriott card holder. The hotel had all of the amenities you could want in a hotel. A restaurant, casino, convenience store as well as other stores, and a beautiful view of the ocean. There were a few issues with a couple of different things. Most of them were ironed out, and one I am still working on. When I booked through United Vacations, I specifically requested two double beds. They couldn't accommodate me right away, but the next day I was switched to a different room. Minor detail, but I had to plan my whole day around when I could check in the next day. I've stayed at various other hotels on the island. This hotel is the only one where in order to get a hut on the beach, you have to book in advance and it costs $30. I thought that was annoying since I am an early riser. We ended up just trying to find shade on the beach and staying there. They do have a private pool area for Adults only, Over the age of 18 years. There are umbrellas, and lounge chairs, and a bar. They also have cabanas for $50.00, and they give you a $40 food and beverage credit, which makes it worth it. It is very quiet and relaxing at this pool.
Big shout out to Jorge, Edward, and Jhune for making our stay more enjoyable. I went to Spa Mandara with my daughter. The spa is located next door at the other Marriott hotel. It is only a 10 minute walk. I liked the spa itself, but didn't care for the massage. I upgraded to a hot stone, and I felt the contact time was not sufficient for what I paid for it. I also think I was over charged, and I am trying to sort this issue out now. Over all, I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Inquire about an ocean view. We got moved to a partial ocean view after we changed rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank teachertalk

Dear teachertalk

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hats off to the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba! Second year in a row did not disappoint..actually I think it was better! Reshma's service was again superb and flawless. Overall hotel service was again solid! Kudos to the casino service in Hubert Salazar, Chino, and Sheron Colina (nice dealer)...all provided warm and kind service.

Thinking about next year already!

The Hom family

2  Thank Ted H

Dear Ted

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. Hopefully we get to see you for your 3rd visit next year.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our trip to Aruba was everything we expected and more. The Marriott was elegant and the staff was tremendous! The rooms were comfortable and roomy for my friend and I to share. We loved having a balcony that overlooked the pool and the ocean. The beds and linens were so plush and we never heard a single noise outside our room. I will say, save your money and stay out of the Stellaris Casino or any casino in Aruba for that matter. They are not like stateside casinos meaning there is absolutely no regulations. If you're looking for a tropical vacation that doesn't include venturing to a third world country, Aruba is for you. We walked around both day and night and never felt unsafe. Aruba is pricey compared to other tropical vacations but my safety is priceless. Party people beware, Aruba is way more laid back and lacks the club night life you may find in Cancun or Punta Cana.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Missyoung23
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Missyoung23

I am happy to hear that you and your friend enjoyed Aruba and our resort. You are right about our balcony’s, they are huge and a perfect place to just chill in the sun. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the safety of Aruba, as you said in your review, it is priceless. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just got back from a week in Aruba. I've vacationed in Aruba multiple times, but this was my first time staying at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino.

My two sister and I was there celebrating my sisters birthday and retirement and I must say I am very happy I choose the Marriott.

Pros:
Erna, checked us in. Erna loves her job and care about people and making them comfortable and happy. Although we were booked in a room with a king bed and couch, Erna was kind enough to change us to double beds and large bathroom with double vanity. Which worked out really well for three women to share. Our room was clean, roomy and very comfortable, and our housekeeper Luz Nelly was wonderful.

Erna surprised us and sent my sister cake and champagne to celebrate her birthday. The morning we were leaving, the manager sent us a wonderful platter of fresh fruit. We really appreciated his kindness.

The Lobby Cafe was great for having a snack any time of the day or night. Great coffee and pastries and the staff was always courteous and pleasant. La Vista was also a great place to eat, prices were a little high, but the food was fresh and very good (ate there three times) so well worth the price.

I don't gamble, but my sisters enjoyed going to the casino. I enjoyed hanging out in the lobby, it was comfortable and relaxing, guest was always hanging out having coffee, or ice cream or drinks at the bar. And there was a DJ a few nights who was really good.

The beach is great, the grounds is beautiful and everyone is friendly. I will certainly stay at the Marriott again. I'm thinking ahead to my birthday next year with my three granddaughters. They are in their teens and I know they will have a great time.

Cons: I have nothing worth mentioning.

3  Thank majorrmajor6
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear Majorrmajor6

It sounds like you all had a lovely time with us; it is always nice to take a trip with close family. I am happy to hear that Erna & Luz Nelly stood out for you, they really are superstars and will love reading your kinds words. Thank you so much for writing your review and I look forward to welcoming you back when you visit with your granddaughters.

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

My family & I stayed here & had a great time. The room was clean with updated decor, even though we were hardly ever in the room. The housekeeper Nelsy was wonderful & very courteous. Our favorite waiter was Arsenio at the outdoor restaurant on the beach. Melba & Kevin were our favorites in La Vista. Nora in the mini mart store was always so welcoming & helpful when we had questions about the resort and Aruba, and it always brightened our day to see her. The other Nora in the Lobby restaurant always greeted us with a warm & welcoming smile. Phoebe always greeted us with a smile when we checked out our towels for the beach. Beverly at the front desk was the first to give us a good first impression of the resort, because of her friendliness, beautiful smile & warmth upon checking us in. These are the staff members that really stood out with exceptional customer service. The beach was beautiful, but the buoys and water sports boats prevented us from swimming out farther. The casino was smaller than we expected but that's ok, it's size prevented us from losing more money. We also did the full day Safari to Baby Beach; our drivers & tour guides were Leslie & Paulo, they were awesome & so much fun. We also did the Catamaran snorkeling adventure, which was nice. Just be warned that when you go down the beach for water sports, the tubing on the Big Mama is a very rough, wild & crazy ride!

Stayed: July 2014
3  Thank coolsunshine9747

Dear Guest

You took some lovely pictures; I especially like the one of the paddle boards floating in the ocean just in front of the hotel. After seeing that picture I have decided that this weekend I will take the kids paddle boarding, it is so much fun, and the best part is falling in the water as it is so warm. You mentioned a number of our great associates and I will be sure to personally thank them for you over the next couple of days. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

I am a big fan of Marriott properties, so booked this hotel for my third trip to Aruba. I stayed at this property for my first trip to Aruba and found it good, not great, and chose to stay at the Hyatt for the second trip. We returned to the Marriott for this trip, and was disappointed in what I found. While the staff is quite personable, the follow-up was generally missing. I had called three times prior to our arrival to request an early check-in. We waited 3.5 hours for a room. No offer to call us when the room was ready - guests just have to keep waiting on line to ask about their room readiness. Towels in the room were skimpy at best - 2 bath towels per room. For a couple at a beach resort where most people will be showering twice a day, and in a room where nothing dries, that is insufficient. On my first day, I requested additional towels for every day. it never happened. Every day, for an entire week, I had to call for extra towels. Every day, other things were left out when the room was cleaned - coffee, face cloths, shampoo, creme rinse, etc. I must have called 20 times over the course of a week. The room was not made up until 5 pm on most of the days we were there, leaving the room unusable for most of the day. If you want to snooze after coming in off the beach, tough luck since you will be waiting for the house keeper to interrupt! The beach is beautiful, as are the pools, but again, there were problems. we were unable to get towels on 3 different days because they had run out by afternoon. We waited on line for everything - check in, check out, towels, palappas, concierge. We had no trouble getting a palappa, but one day, our palappa was filled with stacked up lounges. When I asked the attendant at the booth to have them moved, she told me to wait since the chairs disappear by afternoon. This was 9 am. I had made reservations at the buffet for two nights. The first night was the seafood sensation, and what was sensational was how little seafood there was! What we did find was fish that was overcooked and cold, and we cancelled our second reservation at the buffet. Ruths Chris was very good. Beds are comfortable and the air conditioning was quiet.

Since we had so much time to kill waiting for our room to be made up, we explored other hotels to stay in during our next trip to Aruba. The Ritz next door is quite beautiful, but their beach is really rocky. The Radisson is a beautiful property and the restaurants there are very good. We had Sunday brunch there, and it was all local people and music, which we enjoyed very much.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank UWSall
ArubaMarriottResort, Owner at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear NYerUWS

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on your stay. I am sorry that we missed the mark for you in so many areas and that the overall stay was a letdown for you. Although it is never pleasant to read such comments, they are extremely valuable to us, and will be used to help us improve what we do. I agree that you should not have to call again and again for items or wait in line for everything, and I will address this with our team. Again, please accept my apologies for your experience but be assured that we will act upon your feedback.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#10 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4 mi away
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#19 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!