“Best location on the Beach”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Wellesley, Massachusetts
“Best location on the Beach”
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent staff and prettiest stretch on Palm Beach. Older hotel that has been updated but the best feature is the size of the rooms which is great if you are traveling with kids. Typical Marriott Resort property nice but not over the top. Good cafe in the lobby for a quick coffee and/or breakfast and lunch items. Adult pool is nice if you need a break from kids and Beach.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank jennifer_noble
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Jennifer

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort, and thank you for commenting on our excellent associates, they certainly are a friendly bunch. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,680)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Staff was extremely friendly, especially, Franklin and Christian. We spent most of our time at the adult pool, which is very serene and peaceful. Very pleased with the resort overall. We stayed on the club floor and the rooms were very clean. The only complaint that we had was the wedding reception that was held at the pool, which our room overlooked, was very loud, which was surprising, considering the number of guest rooms that surrounded the area.

Room Tip: Tradewinds floor suites with ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Heather

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

BRATTLEBORO, VT
Reviewed 8 August 2014

The good: Right on the beach. Pool was nice. You can borrow their towels so no need to bring one from home. Lots of palm trees and palapas that gives that tropical feeling. But the best thing were the iguanas. I loved them! They like to congregate on the big rocks near the Jacuzzi.

The bad: I thought the beds were uncomfortable. There is a mini-fridge in the room but no microwave. The casino was weak - no craps and no poker room. For a resort like this, why aren't local calls free? The nickel-and-diming was a bit annoying after paying $250/night. The restaurants were grossly overpriced, so we went elsewhere.

2 Thank ILOVERMONT4
Dear Ilovermont4

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. (Oh by the way we love the picture of the iguana, the color green in the picture is amazing)

West Caldwell, New Jersey
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I got back a couple of weeks ago from another wonderful vacation in Aruba. I've been to Aruba many times, although it was my first time at this hotel. I am a Marriott card holder. The hotel had all of the amenities you could want in a hotel. A restaurant, casino, convenience store as well as other stores, and a beautiful view of the ocean. There were a few issues with a couple of different things. Most of them were ironed out, and one I am still working on. When I booked through United Vacations, I specifically requested two double beds. They couldn't accommodate me right away, but the next day I was switched to a different room. Minor detail, but I had to plan my whole day around when I could check in the next day. I've stayed at various other hotels on the island. This hotel is the only one where in order to get a hut on the beach, you have to book in advance and it costs $30. I thought that was annoying since I am an early riser. We ended up just trying to find shade on the beach and staying there. They do have a private pool area for Adults only, Over the age of 18 years. There are umbrellas, and lounge chairs, and a bar. They also have cabanas for $50.00, and they give you a $40 food and beverage credit, which makes it worth it. It is very quiet and relaxing at this pool.
Big shout out to Jorge, Edward, and Jhune for making our stay more enjoyable. I went to Spa Mandara with my daughter. The spa is located next door at the other Marriott hotel. It is only a 10 minute walk. I liked the spa itself, but didn't care for the massage. I upgraded to a hot stone, and I felt the contact time was not sufficient for what I paid for it. I also think I was over charged, and I am trying to sort this issue out now. Over all, I would go back to this hotel.

Room Tip: Inquire about an ocean view. We got moved to a partial ocean view after we changed rooms.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank teachertalk
Dear teachertalk

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Hats off to the Marriott Stellaris in Aruba! Second year in a row did not disappoint..actually I think it was better! Reshma's service was again superb and flawless. Overall hotel service was again solid! Kudos to the casino service in Hubert Salazar, Chino, and Sheron Colina (nice dealer)...all provided warm and kind service.

Thinking about next year already!

The Hom family

2 Thank Ted H
Dear Ted

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team. Hopefully we get to see you for your 3rd visit next year.

Fenton
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Our trip to Aruba was everything we expected and more. The Marriott was elegant and the staff was tremendous! The rooms were comfortable and roomy for my friend and I to share. We loved having a balcony that overlooked the pool and the ocean. The beds and linens were so plush and we never heard a single noise outside our room. I will say, save your money and stay out of the Stellaris Casino or any casino in Aruba for that matter. They are not like stateside casinos meaning there is absolutely no regulations. If you're looking for a tropical vacation that doesn't include venturing to a third world country, Aruba is for you. We walked around both day and night and never felt unsafe. Aruba is pricey compared to other tropical vacations but my safety is priceless. Party people beware, Aruba is way more laid back and lacks the club night life you may find in Cancun or Punta Cana.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Missyoung23
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Missyoung23

I am happy to hear that you and your friend enjoyed Aruba and our resort. You are right about our balcony’s, they are huge and a perfect place to just chill in the sun. It is also nice to hear that you enjoyed the safety of Aruba, as you said in your review, it is priceless. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Astoria, New York
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Just got back from a week in Aruba. I've vacationed in Aruba multiple times, but this was my first time staying at the Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Casino.

My two sister and I was there celebrating my sisters birthday and retirement and I must say I am very happy I choose the Marriott.

Pros:
Erna, checked us in. Erna loves her job and care about people and making them comfortable and happy. Although we were booked in a room with a king bed and couch, Erna was kind enough to change us to double beds and large bathroom with double vanity. Which worked out really well for three women to share. Our room was clean, roomy and very comfortable, and our housekeeper Luz Nelly was wonderful.

Erna surprised us and sent my sister cake and champagne to celebrate her birthday. The morning we were leaving, the manager sent us a wonderful platter of fresh fruit. We really appreciated his kindness.

The Lobby Cafe was great for having a snack any time of the day or night. Great coffee and pastries and the staff was always courteous and pleasant. La Vista was also a great place to eat, prices were a little high, but the food was fresh and very good (ate there three times) so well worth the price.

I don't gamble, but my sisters enjoyed going to the casino. I enjoyed hanging out in the lobby, it was comfortable and relaxing, guest was always hanging out having coffee, or ice cream or drinks at the bar. And there was a DJ a few nights who was really good.

The beach is great, the grounds is beautiful and everyone is friendly. I will certainly stay at the Marriott again. I'm thinking ahead to my birthday next year with my three granddaughters. They are in their teens and I know they will have a great time.

Cons: I have nothing worth mentioning.

3 Thank majorrmajor6
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Majorrmajor6

It sounds like you all had a lovely time with us; it is always nice to take a trip with close family. I am happy to hear that Erna & Luz Nelly stood out for you, they really are superstars and will love reading your kinds words. Thank you so much for writing your review and I look forward to welcoming you back when you visit with your granddaughters.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!