“Perfect Vacation!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Baltimore, Maryland
“Perfect Vacation!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

There are so many good things to say about this hotel. As a loyal Marriott customer, I must say that I was thoroughly impressed with this property and the staff. I visited with my wife and 2 daughters for 8 nights. We were celebrating my daughter's 16th birthday while we were there. Our room was decorated with balloons and happy birthday signs! They also had fresh flowers, cheesecake & a bottle of champagne in the room with a birthday card signed by the housekeeping staff. My daughter was thrilled!!
The room was very spacious and decorated nicely. All of the restaurants and bars were great with very friendly service. We spent most of our days at the beach and the pool. We loved the swim-up bar for adult drinks and virgin pina colada's for the girls. Also thoroughly enjoyed the live band at the pool on Friday nights!
Thank you so much for a perfect 1st trip to Aruba. We will be back soon!!!!
Gary M.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
1 Thank Gary M
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Gary

Our Housekeeping Manager Rhona loves decorating rooms for celebrations, so she will be thrilled to read your review. You commented on the Friday band, and I have to say that I love their music. A great way to end the week. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Matt Knights, Hotel Manager, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,640)
Monessen, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We recently spent a week at the Marriott for our honeymoon. On arrival we were greeting by Erna at the front desk. She was one of the nicest people we have met in the industry! Not only the nicest, one of the most attentive to our needs. She welcomed us with a bottle of champagne and chocolates on our second day. Later in the week room service was there again with another bottle of champagne and cheese cake (was totally awesome too). We also got our wifi fees waved for our phones and ipad which was awesome.

Erna is the type of person that remembers your face and last name. We went down to the desk shortly after check in and she goes, "wait I know it..." Sure enough she was spot on.

The grounds at the resort are very well kept after, the adult pool is amazing!!! The beach is great as well. The cocktail wait staff on the beach is very attentive as well.

At the beach bar you will find daily drink and food specials so be sure to ask what they are daily. Happy hour is from 12-1 and then 3-5. The food is pretty good at the beach bar as well. (Quick Tip) If you have resort credit vouchers to use from a time share and they are 25.00 vouchers make sure you close your tab by 5PM or the bartender is charging it to you room. This happened to us at a few minutes after 5. They close all tabs out by 5PM so don't be late!

The rooms were very comfortable, beds were good and pillows were perfect for me. Housekeeping services were very good as well. Rooms have a mini fridge in them which is nice.

The concierge at the resort is very helpful. We used them to make all dinner reservations and also find restaurants that would be of interest to us even though we had a list from friends and family.

THE BAD
The casino at the resort is pretty terrible in my opinion. No dice table, cheap (liquor) drinks and SMOKEY as a 4 alarm fire! The casino is so smokey you will smell the smoke in the hall before you even get into the casino. I spent the first 2 nights in the casino until I went to the Ritz (next door) and gambled in their casino, which is pretty awesome!!! Marriott, you are slacking with that casino!

Timeshare presentation
We sat thru a timeshare presentation. If you decide to do the same make sure you ask what days they give 175.00 in vouchers rather than 150.00. They say it only takes about 90 minutes but long and short is you are there for about 2+ hours. It's not too bad really and you get free resort money. #Winning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Josh T
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Josh

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel today so he is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. You also mentioned some points where we need to work on, and this feedback will certainly help us. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My family just returned from a lovely trip to Aruba. The hotel was nice as was all of the staff. I would recommend staying at this hotel as the pool area and the beach were well maintained. On friday evening they had a band play at the pool from around 4 to 6. We, and the other guests, loved this and wished they had a band every night!
When we made our reservation we were trying to decide between staying at the Marriott or the Ritz. One afternoon we walked over to the other hotel and were so happy we decided to stay at the Marriott. The Marriotts pool area is so nice and tropical feeling. Also we never had any problem finding shade around the pool if we needed it.
Really I have no complaints other than two comments. I wish there was more staff around the pool area to take drink and lunch orders. Also I wish the hotel provided a self serve water (with or with out fruit) cooler at pool.
If you stay at this hotel I recommend making a reservation at Simply Fish. We had a lovely dinner on the beach our last evening and it could not have been more amazing at sunset.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TakeMeAway09
Dear Takemeaway09

I am happy to hear that you had fun at our resort, the Friday band is certainly popular so it is nice to read your comments on this. You made a couple of good points on pool service and I will certainly review this with the team, thanks for the feedback. You also mentioned Simply Fish on the beach, which is one of my favorite spots on the island. You really can’t beat dining with your toes in the sand, priceless. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

First time in Aruba and the stay was wonderful. Very clean accommodating. Extra towels at the drop of a dime and very courteous employees. Much to offer. Appreciated seeing the pool being skimmed throughout the day and vacuumed and treated at night.

Room Tip: Room with a view of the ocean=Amazing
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
2 Thank Ani8175
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Ani8175

Thanks for taking the time to write your lovely review of our resort, it is very much appreciated. Thank you also for recognizing the team that takes care of our pools, they work hard at it and will thrilled that they got a mention on Tripadvisor. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

San Antonio, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Our trip to Aruba was a lovely experience! I'll break the review down into a few parts:

*The Marriott Tradewinds* = My husband and I chose the Tradewinds Club based on the many positive reviews, and it did not disappoint. We were guaranteed a great room (not having to worry about our Gold Elite upgrade and then complain if we didn't get one - like a lot of folks on TA! - was nice.) Our view of the ocean was lovely and the food at the Club was plentiful and diverse. The "dinner" display was almost too fancy for us - scallops, pork, lamb, shrimp, sushi, etc. Premium drinks (Ketel One Vodka, Santa Margarita Pinot Grigio) were available in the evenings which was delightfully unexpected for the self-serve bar. The Tradewinds staff are all very pleasant and kind - ESPECIALLY my favorite Margaret and Chrystal!! They are darling and made me feel really at home. In our rooms, the AC was quiet and worked wonderfully, the beds were very comfortable and we got great sleep. The rooms were very quiet even when the pool area was loud.

*The Pool/Beach" = Yes, they do fill up quickly in the morning. The Adult Pool opens gates at 7am. Clifford, the attendant there, is a gem - sweet man, very helpful and pleasant - I enjoyed talking to him every morning when he was there. Unfortunately, after the attendant leaves at 1pm, there is no staff working this pool (besides bartenders - and the bar there closes at 5pm). Many days towels ran out mid-afternoon which was really unacceptable for a hotel of this level. One day the wind blew an umbrella out of it's base, and it lay upside down in the bushes until at least night with no one fixing it. Floats are allowed in the pool - we got ours from the LOVELY Hermina at the Tradewinds beach every day and floated in the adult pool happily. If you are not in Tradewinds, they are rented on the beach for $5/day. Hermina is another gem at this property who really made the hotel feel "homey".

*Gold Elite* = You get 10% all hotel meal tabs, and $50 of free calling to the US - we figured it was about $2/minute and were happy to use them.

*The island* = Everything is priced in American dollars and give dollars for change. You do not need to reserve a taxi from airport to hotel ahead of time, there are plenty @ $25 to the Marriott ($28 on Sunday). The hotel is easy walking distance (take the beach past the other 2 Marriott properties and then go to the road by the Holiday Inn) to many shops and restaurants in a little mall area. Aruba is VERY windy all day, every day, which is a blessing. Please be aware that you do need to get to the airport on the day you leave 2-3 HOURS ahead of your flight - they do ALL customs and immigration before departure so when you land in the US you simply move on to the next flight with no need to put a big layover (as I did, not knowing this would happen in Aruba and not the US.) Many people were running to our gate and would have missed our flight if it wasn't delayed.

*Downfalls* = Laundry service - sent pants to be dry cleaned and they were returned with a note that they had a stain (no kidding, that's why they were sent?) and then was overcharged for the cleaning (that never happened). Also, the rooms were very well cleaned, but NEVER once gave us toiletries - I had to find the housekeeper down the hall every couple days to get some. Minor details.

In all, this hotel was all I expected. Courteous, well trained staff, beautiful views, lovely vacation.

One tip I would give all travelers in general - keep night lights in your overnight kits! The bathroom in this hotel was so large I had 2 night lights in it so it was cozy at night to not have to turn on the big overhead lights.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
5 Thank Lindsey514
Dear Lindsey514

Thanks for your great review and some great tips. I am glad that that you enjoyed our Tradewinds club, it is always nice to add that little touch of adult luxury to your vacation. You mentioned Margaret, Chrystal, Hermina and Clifford who are all superstars. I will be sure to personally thank them and pass along your great comments. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Wellesley, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Great location, excellent staff and prettiest stretch on Palm Beach. Older hotel that has been updated but the best feature is the size of the rooms which is great if you are traveling with kids. Typical Marriott Resort property nice but not over the top. Good cafe in the lobby for a quick coffee and/or breakfast and lunch items. Adult pool is nice if you need a break from kids and Beach.

Stayed February 2014
3 Thank jennifer_noble
Dear Jennifer

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort, and thank you for commenting on our excellent associates, they certainly are a friendly bunch. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

Staff was extremely friendly, especially, Franklin and Christian. We spent most of our time at the adult pool, which is very serene and peaceful. Very pleased with the resort overall. We stayed on the club floor and the rooms were very clean. The only complaint that we had was the wedding reception that was held at the pool, which our room overlooked, was very loud, which was surprising, considering the number of guest rooms that surrounded the area.

Room Tip: Tradewinds floor suites with ocean view
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Dear Heather

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,660 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,799 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,306 reviews
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,142 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!