This was our first time in Aruba and our family of four stayed at the Marriott for a week in July. This review is a little lengthy but hopefully can provide some helpful tips. During this trip we were celebrating some major events. The prior month was our 25th anniversary, I turned 50 and my son graduated high school.
Prior to our trip we received a call and email from Reshma from the guest relations office welcoming us on our upcoming trip and asked if we needed anything or if we were celebrating anything special. I did mention our special events. Not sure if they do this all the time or because of my Marriott status but this was a nice start to the upcoming week. Check in was quick and easy and the receptionist was very nice. We got into our room and had message from Reshma just welcoming us to Aruba and Marriot. As we were settling in our room, someone knocked at the door... room service showed up with a bottle of champagne and two delicious pieces of chocolate cake to honor our special events. This was a great start to our vacation. Later we do go down a meet Reshma to thank her for the surprise. She was very nice and made sure everything was okay.
Our room was a pretty good size and I was pleased to find a nice size bathroom with two sinks and plenty of room. The closet was also a nice size where you can hang a good amount of clothes and we used it to hang up our bathing suits to dry. The only nit may be the mini fridge is pretty small enough for a half gallon of milk and few bottles of water.
The resort itself was very nice and clean and we did enjoy seeing some of the Iguanas hanging around. The resort has two pools one for everyone and one for adults only. The beach area was great and the whole reason we came here. I will say we did walk up and down the beach and the stretch in front of the Marriott Resort is one of the best. The water is calm and only up to your chest pretty far out. One thing we did notice is that this area also had almost no seaweed where some other beach fronts had seaweed. Beach towels and chairs are free but there is a process to secure a Palapa for free. You can rent one for $30 a day or get one for free if you wait in line for 7 am for the day of or at 4 pm to get on for the next day. The line starts forming up to an hour before and you reserve it at the towel hut. So I went down about 6:15 AM with a few people ahead of me. They only sign up about 15 Palapas in the afternoon and 15 in the morning so getting there before 6:30 worked out. If you are okay to pay $30 for the day...no need to wait in line. In reading reviews people made comments about getting up early to get a palapa but I did not mind. I get up early anyway and found it to be a nice way to talk to some of the other guests. Some of them come year over year and they provided some nice information on Aruba where to go eat, etc. After reserving my palapa I got towels and went over where the staff person would grab the number of lounge chairs you wanted and put the towels on it for you. The staff was very nice and helpful. One policy they have it that you have to occupy the palapa by 10 am or you will lose it. This is a resort so the restaurant food and drinks are going to be pricey but the cafe was reasonable in comparison we had lunch there one day. However most of the time we opted to go down the road to the Superfood market. There we bought some bagels for breakfast in the morning and some snack foods, fruit, bread and cold cuts for beach. One recommendation I would make is to buy a collapsible cooler back home and bring it with you. We bought one from Wal-Mart for about $9 dollars and easy to pack and bring, it fits about 12 soda cans so it was big enough and I used zip lock bags to hold ice.
As is said earlier the Marriot is on a great stretch of Palm Beach but it is one of the last hotels on the strip. It is not close to the market area and if you do not have rental car you can get a taxi or walk along the beach side of the hotels and cut through the Holiday inn parking lot. However some of the area passed the 3 Marriott resorts is not paved and you have to walk on the sand. We walked one night and it was nice but we had a rental car and used that most times. There have been a lot of forums on whether to rent a car or not but when you take into account the cost of the airport transfers for 4 and taxi cost and a one day rental it isn't really any less expensive, anyway I digress. The beach also has a lot of water sport activities you can rent or do right on beach. One thing we found out that if you want to rent Jet Skis you don't have to drive down to Eagle Beach they take you on a boat from Palm Beach down to the Jet Ski area.
Overall we had a great time at the Marriott Resort the beach was great and the staff was friendly and we would recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino is an essential getaway to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxation at our oceanfront resort in Palm Beach, Aruba featuring an adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of the resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Marriott, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach