“Great Location”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Natick, Massachusetts
“Great Location”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This was our 4th year at this resort. Love the Hotel, rooms are great, and the staff is very attentive. Food is just OK, better options off site. The Adult only pool is the best benefit. NO KIDS. So nice. Now if they wouldn't rent rooms to families with smalls kids overlooking the adult pool, it would be perfect. Crying kids ruin the quiet atmosphere. Met Matt the Hotel manager, very nice and listened to all my suggestions. He sent a nice bottle of wine and a fruit plate to our room, a very nice surprise. Thanks Matt. I know you will work on the Adult only pool closing early for other functions. It happened four times during out six night stay. Also spoke to a lovely girl who was security at the pool that day, forget her name (sorry) but she was nice, took our room # and then also when we went to our room at the end of the day, she left us a beautiful gift bag with island goodies. Thanks, it was very nice of you, we loved it. (Tiasha)? Sorry about the name. We are a Marriott Rewards member and they treated us with all the benefits the program comes with. see you next year...Casino OK, the Ritz Carlton casino is better.

Room Tip: Why does it matter, how long are you in the room anyway?
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank stevied3592
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Stevie

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel on vacation and is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team, and he will love that you mentioned him!

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,680)
Charlottesville, Virginia
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Moved to the Stellaris after a few days at Renaissance. Checked in by Erna (Erma) at front desk? Was one of the nicest staff check in ever. She was polite, genuine, and went over everything from the Silver Elite Marriott benefits to what to do and where to go. The room was not ready which was expected, but short wait. Had a top floor ocean front room which gave a great view of pool and the ocean. I had given consideration to the new Ritz Carlton and spent some time walking through wondering whether or not it was worth the upgrade. I feel good given the pricing and would probably stay back at this hotel vs paying more for Ritz Carlton. The restaraunt Simply Fish is on site and great for on beach dining, and Ruths Crist is on site as well. The only strange this I found was the music they played some days at the pool and the hotel bar. It was a sort of rap island music. Just my opinion, and had the same comment from other family members, but the music seemed out of place for a Marriott. There was some loud party going on in some room with very noisy guest yelling early into morning. Did not call --but had to be a problem for some guest. Hotel should monitor on there own for that.

Room Tip: The main pool can be noisy, so rooms at a lower level close to pool could be a drawback for some.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Dontyouknow58
Dear Dontyouknow58

Thank you for your review of our resort, we do appreciate the feedback. Matt, the Hotel Manager is away from the hotel on vacation and is not able to personally respond to your review as he usually does. Once he is back he will go through your kind comments with the team.

The Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Team.
Pflugerville, Texas
Reviewed 15 August 2014

The hotel is nice enough. Separate adult pool is a plus. La Vista is a pretty good restaurant. Ruth Chris on site, but.... it is an expensive steak restaurant chain for what it is.

The rooms are not large but not tiny either. Bath is comparatively roomy and the closet is large. Staff is attentive. I have Platinum Elite and stateside most staffs bend over backwards to make you feel the privilege level and an automatic concierge level.

Not at this hotel. Status was barely acknowledge and concierge level was not given even after requesting it.

But my biggest and unforgiving complaint? The Stellaris Casio had an incredible ranky stale smoke stale emanating from it and the stank spread through the lobby, the passageways, the elevator loading area, the reception area, the bell post. Really horrible and alone would be enough to make me never choose this location again. Funk. I am not kidding. you will be nauseous from the smell.

Room Tip: Request Ocean view, expect to pay a premium. Avoid street view.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Rune W
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Rune

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback on our resort. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort and that you enjoyed our restaurants and found our associates to be attentive. I am sorry however that a couple of areas did not work out, as a Platinum member you are one of our most valuable guests so this is disappointing that we let you down. As with most resorts we do not actually have a concierge level, and I am sorry that you missed this amenity. You also mentioned the casino and yes all of the casinos in Aruba are smoking, however our hotel is nonsmoking and our Engineering team is currently working on solutions to this crossover. I am truly sorry that these items negativity affected your stay with and do hope that you chose to stay with us again.

Lexington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When we checked in we mentioned our anniversary. The check in person Erna, saw to it that we had a bottle of champagne delivered to our room. The housekeeping staff also gave us flowers and a bottle of wine.

The Bartenders at Waves, Brian and June, alerted us to the 12:00noon-1:00 happy hour. It sounds as if we did nothing but drink, however, we had a minimum of alcohol while we were there. Instead we rented a car and went to a fantastic snorkeling beach only 5 minutes from the hotel, visited a lighthouse, played tennis every day, walked in the water on the beach every evening. A thoroughly enjoyable trip thanks to the Marriott staff.

The housekeeping staff was also amazing. Amicasia, Rhona and Shirley seemed to anticipate our needs even before we did. We arrived at a pool and an attendant appered with a towel. The whole experience was like living a dream.

The housekeeping staff at

Room Tip: All rooms are ;excellent
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank msswim
Dear Msswim

I am so happy that you enjoyed your anniversary with us, and it sounds like Erna, Brian, Jhune, Rhona and Anicasia really made it happen for you. I will be sure to personally thank them for you, they will be thrilled. You mentioned that you went snorkeling, and I have to agree that this is a fantastic thing to do while on Aruba. Last weekend I went snorkeling with my family and it is so much fun seeing all those amazing fish, they are so colorful. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This was my first time to Aruba and I loved it! The resort was so accomodating from beginning of stay until the end. They speak English well, there is no need for currency exchange. The prices are very affordable. We stayed in the Trade Wind club and they had a great food selection morning, noon and night. The staff knew you by name and promptly helped in anyway they could. We had a wonderful lady assist us daily with our hut, towels, and rafts "Hermina aka "Trouble". She has a wonderful smile everyday and loves her job! I totally get why it's called "One happy Island". Everyone is friendly even the taxi cab drivers. Totally safe on the resort as well as downtown. Do yourself a favor and book a trip there soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
5 Thank lisa m
Dear Lisa

I just saw Hermina and told her that you called her trouble, and yes she gave me one of her wonderful smiles. I think she secretly likes to be called trouble. It also sounds like you really enjoyed our Tradewinds lounge; sometimes it is nice to treat yourself to a bit of adult luxury. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Customer service in Aruba is their culture, this has been amazing. Having worked in customer service all my life, I have been blown away by the degree to which they take it here.
I was coming back from working out and Amecasia was getting ready to clean my room. I was using my inhaler because I have asthma issues and felt a bit sick, I turned around and Amecasia had brought me chamomile tea, I mean who does that other than moms?
She was amazing, I was blown away.
Ray the valet guy saw that we were getting off a cab and we had to run to the ATM to get more cash and he just took out the 5 dollars we were short and paid the cab for us. We off course paid him back and gave him a tip cause again, who is that nice?
Love Love Love it here.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Michelle W
Dear Michelle

I have to say that your review is one of favorites of all time. As soon as I read it I shared it with everyone here, and then went straight across to see Anicasia and Roy to thank them. Both Anicasia and Roy are genuinely great people who love to make it special for our guests, thank you so much for sharing with us your experiences with them. It is associates like them that make our resort so special. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review, and I hope we get to see you again soon.

Suffield, Connecticut
Reviewed 12 August 2014

This was our first time in Aruba and our family of four stayed at the Marriott for a week in July. This review is a little lengthy but hopefully can provide some helpful tips. During this trip we were celebrating some major events. The prior month was our 25th anniversary, I turned 50 and my son graduated high school.
Prior to our trip we received a call and email from Reshma from the guest relations office welcoming us on our upcoming trip and asked if we needed anything or if we were celebrating anything special. I did mention our special events. Not sure if they do this all the time or because of my Marriott status but this was a nice start to the upcoming week. Check in was quick and easy and the receptionist was very nice. We got into our room and had message from Reshma just welcoming us to Aruba and Marriot. As we were settling in our room, someone knocked at the door... room service showed up with a bottle of champagne and two delicious pieces of chocolate cake to honor our special events. This was a great start to our vacation. Later we do go down a meet Reshma to thank her for the surprise. She was very nice and made sure everything was okay.
Our room was a pretty good size and I was pleased to find a nice size bathroom with two sinks and plenty of room. The closet was also a nice size where you can hang a good amount of clothes and we used it to hang up our bathing suits to dry. The only nit may be the mini fridge is pretty small enough for a half gallon of milk and few bottles of water.
The resort itself was very nice and clean and we did enjoy seeing some of the Iguanas hanging around. The resort has two pools one for everyone and one for adults only. The beach area was great and the whole reason we came here. I will say we did walk up and down the beach and the stretch in front of the Marriott Resort is one of the best. The water is calm and only up to your chest pretty far out. One thing we did notice is that this area also had almost no seaweed where some other beach fronts had seaweed. Beach towels and chairs are free but there is a process to secure a Palapa for free. You can rent one for $30 a day or get one for free if you wait in line for 7 am for the day of or at 4 pm to get on for the next day. The line starts forming up to an hour before and you reserve it at the towel hut. So I went down about 6:15 AM with a few people ahead of me. They only sign up about 15 Palapas in the afternoon and 15 in the morning so getting there before 6:30 worked out. If you are okay to pay $30 for the day...no need to wait in line. In reading reviews people made comments about getting up early to get a palapa but I did not mind. I get up early anyway and found it to be a nice way to talk to some of the other guests. Some of them come year over year and they provided some nice information on Aruba where to go eat, etc. After reserving my palapa I got towels and went over where the staff person would grab the number of lounge chairs you wanted and put the towels on it for you. The staff was very nice and helpful. One policy they have it that you have to occupy the palapa by 10 am or you will lose it. This is a resort so the restaurant food and drinks are going to be pricey but the cafe was reasonable in comparison we had lunch there one day. However most of the time we opted to go down the road to the Superfood market. There we bought some bagels for breakfast in the morning and some snack foods, fruit, bread and cold cuts for beach. One recommendation I would make is to buy a collapsible cooler back home and bring it with you. We bought one from Wal-Mart for about $9 dollars and easy to pack and bring, it fits about 12 soda cans so it was big enough and I used zip lock bags to hold ice.
As is said earlier the Marriot is on a great stretch of Palm Beach but it is one of the last hotels on the strip. It is not close to the market area and if you do not have rental car you can get a taxi or walk along the beach side of the hotels and cut through the Holiday inn parking lot. However some of the area passed the 3 Marriott resorts is not paved and you have to walk on the sand. We walked one night and it was nice but we had a rental car and used that most times. There have been a lot of forums on whether to rent a car or not but when you take into account the cost of the airport transfers for 4 and taxi cost and a one day rental it isn't really any less expensive, anyway I digress. The beach also has a lot of water sport activities you can rent or do right on beach. One thing we found out that if you want to rent Jet Skis you don't have to drive down to Eagle Beach they take you on a boat from Palm Beach down to the Jet Ski area.
Overall we had a great time at the Marriott Resort the beach was great and the staff was friendly and we would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
8 Thank Red-Barchetta2011
ArubaMarriottResort, Manager at Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Red-Barchetta2011

You have listed some great tips on our resort and our island, thank you very much. It sounds like you all had a great time with your dual celebrations. You mentioned some of our wonderful associates and I will be sure that I personally thank them for you. I also loved your picture of the beach early in the morning. We are the only hotel that clears the beach of chairs completely each night, and I think it is lovely to walk it early in the morning. Again thank you for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!