My boyfriend and I went to Aruba in October 2009. Granted, we hadn't been to many other vacations together...but after the 7 nights/ 8 days we spent at the Marriott - anywhere else will be hard to beat.
When we arrived, we were greeted nicely - our luggage guy brought us refreshing drinks - concierge upgraded our room to Ocean/Island view. Having booked our stay on Marriott points, we also chose all-inclusive. This is the only way to go, as Aruba is quite expensive if you don't have a timeshare to cook a few meals on your own. Just for fun, we saved all of our receipts from our all inclusive package to bring home and tally up the damage - and if we hadn't taken the all-inclusive - Food and Beverage alone would have cost us $2,500. Trust me, it's the only way to go.
Food, in general was very good. Everything was very fresh - we ate a lot of the local fish - and you could tell that all your food was made to order. Since we were on all-inclusive, we were not looking at prices, so we were able to enjoy some amazing dishes. La Vista had a good breakfast buffet, but an even better lunch menu. The Beach bar has awesome fish tacos and the beach restaurant it turns into at night has amazing food as well as a great atmosphere. We went into town 2 nights as well - Cuba's Cooking and - The Screaming Eagle. Both very good.
The beach was amazing - perfect sand, water, green for miles. It was breathtaking. So relaxing. The sun sets on Marriotts beach - so my boyfriend and I would take a walk along the beach and jump in the ocean wherever we were to enjoy the sunset together. The pool is great too. But we found ourselves at the beach 100% if the time.
Overall, we had a great time in Aruba. I definitely think we will be going back on future vacations.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino is an essential getaway to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxation at our oceanfront resort in Palm Beach, Aruba featuring an adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of the resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach