My girlfriend and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Marriott. after researching this trip for about a month I wasn't sure this was the right decision. After actually going there I was more than happy with my choice.
I booked through a travel agent so my package included airport transfers in the price and a $100 food and bev. creidt from the hotel as part of a special. Upon arriving in Aruba, I was prepared to face a hefty customs procedure but it was a breeze. We proceeded to the exit where we were greeted by the Airport transfer company. I was expecting to see a run down old bus picking us up but to my surprise the bus was big, clean and very nice. Arriving at the Marriott a bellman greeted us right off the bus and took our bags to the check in desk. Someone came and offered us a drink (non alcoholic) to cool off. Check in process was a breeze. We were then escorted by our bellman with our bags directly to our room. I tried upgrading to an ocean view room but none were available at the time. Still the room was perfect. Big and very comfortable. The bathroom was big as well with a decent sized walkin closet and his/ her sinks. The room was very clean. Although not immaculately brand new, I didnt find it to be old and outdated as I read in some reviews. In fact it was very nice and very clean. The balcony was great and our room (garden view) was in a nice secluded area in the interior of the U shaped bldging with a nice view of the grounds/ pool area. You could still make out the ocean in the back. The staff there are very friendly and always smiling. One thing though they didnt seem to be very aware of where things were in the place! Maybe it was the language barrier! It was frustrating at first but it got funny over time. I would ask directions on purpose just to hear the responses! The beach was beautiful and calm. Not crowded since we went off season so there was no need to reserve a palapa. There were plenty of spots available. The weather was perfect! We enjoyed the happy hours and beachside restaurants for lunch. Breakfast i found that room service was better than the buffet offered at the hotel and it was actually cheaper. We loved the room service for breakfast on our balcony! Again, service was great! The only bad thing was that after 12am there's no room service menu. There was an area opened 24hrs but all you could get were cold sandwiches or pastries. Nothing hot. Dinners we ventured downtown to the many restaurants I heard of that got great reviews. Gasparito's was my favorite! We went to Driftwood and not Simply Fish due to recommendations. Flying Fishbone was also an option. Madame Jeanette's was good also. The restaurants are more on the pricier side but it didnt matter (about $100 for two ppl). Here's a quick tip...go on the 90 min tour. Yes it may be a timeshare pitch but after completing they give you $100 Marriott dollars ($125 was a weekend special)to use at many different restaurants on the island ...the good ones too! That came in handy for a lunch and most of a dinner for two. Also, Marriott rewards members get a discount card which entitles you to discounts whether it be a 10% - 15% percent off your bill or free wine and other offers. Best off, I didnt feel pressured by the timeshare presentation. The 1st time ever! it wasnt bad at all. Oh and I would consider buying your liquor, beer and bringing it to the room. Saves you the $8 per drink tab. I saw ppl on the beach packing coolers with their drinks. Not a bad idea!
All in all, I was worried about nothing! The hotel is the last one on the high rise strip and the adjacent property was the Ocean Club and the Surf Club which are both by Marriott! You can walk next door and enjoy the amenities there as well! I loved it here and will definitely return after a few trips to some other islands. Aruba and the Marriott were both great decisions!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on Palm Beach, our Aruba getaway is essential to your alluring Aruba vacation. Enjoy comfort and relaxing Aruba accommodations featuring the resort, adult exclusive pool, and the exclusive Tradewinds Club - an upscale hotel-within-a-hotel concept on the top floor of this Aruba resort. Savor in the upgraded amenities, five daily dining presentations in the private lounge, a member-only beach area, and full access to the Tradewinds Concierge Service ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Southall Travel, Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marriott Aruba Resort And Stellaris Casino
- Marriott Aruba Resort & Stellaris Hotel Palm/Eagle Beach
- Marriott Aruba Hotel Stellaris
- Marriott Palm/Eagle Beach
- Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino Palm - Eagle Beach