“LOVED Aruba!!”

Ranked #10 of 24 Hotels in Palm - Eagle Beach
Queens, New York
“LOVED Aruba!!”
Reviewed 7 November 2006

My Husband & I stayed at the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino in Aruba this past October. We had a very much needed relaxing stay. The hotel was great! Our room was very nice and clean. The only thing was when we went to take showers the water went from hot to cold on it's own. Not too fun.

The pool was gorgeous and there is so much seating, but if you want a tan go lay on the beach. The pool was more shady and my husband & I would retire there at the end of the day. We always layed on the beach. One token of advice, reserve a hut in advance if possible. We finally got one the last day. But that by no means ruined anything. We loved laying on the beautiful white sand beach. The water was crystal clear and we rented floats for $10/day. It couldn't be more perfect.

Food: The restaurant by the pool (Waves) was very good. We had lunch there everyday. For dinner we went out. We liked the following places: El Gaucho - delicious food and $$$, Tangos - Also good Steak and they put on a live Tango show, Smoky Joes - very good and not pricey at all, this would be one of your more casual nights. A place NOT to go to - Carlos & CHarlies, UGH! The food is horrible. You may want to go for drinks, but it is so far out of the way it's not worth it.

Aruba us pretty expensive when it comes to going out to dinner. Also, when I go back in the future I would stay at the Hyatt or one of the other hotels along that strip. The Marriott was the last hotel on beach and we needed to take a cab wherever we went. Where if we were at the Hyatt we just cross the street and there are a bunch of restaurants and shops. Cabs were not too bad. We spent between $5 and $10 depending on the location of the place were going.

So all in all, we loved it and will definitely be going back soon.

14 Thank S111

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,670)
Yonkers, New York
Reviewed 5 November 2006

The day before I arrived in Aruba, I decided to go. This was very last minute. I traveled alone. I found the hotel clean and relaxing. The “Simply Fish” restaurant located on the beach was exceptional. If you are looking to come to Aruba this hotel will not let you down. As a single travler I was comfortable.

One observation: At night do not turn off your room AC. If you do the smoke from the casino seeps up into the rooms.

• Liked — The view from the room and the beach
  • Disliked — The country could have a more developed infrastructure.
  • Tips/Secrets — Ask for an ocean view. It is worth it!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank bbwoo7
Long Island, New York
Reviewed 24 October 2006

I stayed at the Mariott with my boyfriend from Oct 18th- 23rd. Here is my take on the hotel- it is a little long but accurate. Hopefully it will help your decision.

Pros:
Check-in: Upon arrival at the Mariott everything was smooth and quick. It took about five minutes to check-in and our room was ready even though it was only about 1:00PM.

The Room: The Ocean view room is beautiful and the king-size bed faces the ocean. Every room has a balcony and the view is fantastic. There are his and her sinks (a big plus), a pretty big tub and a walk-in closet with loads of hangars. There is also a big safe that I felt very comfortable leaving my valuables in.

Clean Clean Clean. The hotel is immaculate. They are constantly cleaning there. The floors never have a speck of sand or dirt. The bathrooms are cleaned all day long. I even saw them wiping down the leaves of a plant in the lobby.

Restaurants: (We ate at all of them since we had the all-inclusive deal)
Tuscany was elegant, there is a live pianist and the food was great.
Simply Fish- you can't get more romantic. You are literally sitting on the beach. If you don't catch the sunset it is just as amazing in the dark lit by candlelight and listening to the waves. (A little bug spray wouldn't hurt though)
La Vista- Really nice buffet breakfast and the lunch here is better than Waves (the beach restaurant).
Waves- Convenient when you are hanging out on the beach. Here you can get a burger, cesar salad, etc.

The Staff: All of the employees at the hotel were friendly and always had a smile on their face when they greet you. The whole island is pretty much this way.

Pool & Beach: The beach is amazing and so relaxing. The sand is white and the water is warm, calm and a beautiful blue. You do need to reserve a palapa at 7:00AM and they get taken quickly. The pool was pretty big and was always clean. The swim up bar makes it fun and the waterfall lends tranquility.

Cons:
My only main issue was that we were doing the all-inclusive deal (already paid for), and the woman at the front desk checked us in and was sending us off to our room. She had no idea until we told her. I felt they should have been more on top of that, however it was quickly taken care of.

One of the elevators on our side of the hotel was out the whole time we were there (there are only two). We had to take the stairs a few times.

The hotel does need a little painting here and there on the outside but it didn't really bother me.

Anyone interested in all-inclusive...
If you are wondering if the all-inclusive is for you here's my take- If you like eat and drink it is a good deal. You don't have to worry about the cost of things, which makes a vacation much more relaxing. All the restaurants were included and the food ranged from pretty good to very good. You can have anything on the menu and all alcohol is included even the premium brands such as grey goose, etc. 15% gratuity is also included so you don't have to tip either. If you don't drink I would not do the all-inclusive. We were held back from enjoying some of Aruba's great restaurants, but I was very happy with what the hotel offered. I would do the all-inclusive again.

We had an amazing and romantic time at the Mariott and we would definitely stay there again.

• Liked — the beautiful view and the cleanliness
  • Disliked — some outdoor areas need painting
  • Tips/Secrets — The sun is STRONG- do not bring your oil!
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Jrobs27
Brewster, N. Y.
Reviewed 18 October 2006

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Marriott. Booked the trip through Jet Blue Getaways. Best deal in my three years of going to Aruba. $3500 for 10 nights including airfare and hotel. Arrived 10/6 to a Pool/Ocean view room. Usually get the Island/Ocean view room. Pool/Ocean view room is considered an upgrade and does have a larger bathroom. Balconies are larger on this side of the hotel also. Having experinced both types of rooms I prefer the Island/Ocean view. Much more privacy and less outside noise. The hotel staff were friendly and ready to please. Construction at the Marriott Surf Club to the south of the hotel does not effect you unless you walk south on the beach. And that's just a minor inconvenience of walking around some new dock construction. You can still walk the length of Palm Beach no problem. As far as the beach palapas go, this is the way it works; 50% of the huts can be reserved for $10 to $15 for 3 days at a time. The other 50% are first come first serve. Save yourself the reservation fee and get on line at 7:00 a.m. when the booth opens. Get your palapa and it's yours for the day. Go back to bed or have breakfast. Can't rate the hotel restaurants. We rented a jeep in order to try various restaurants that we like around the island. The coffee shop in the lobby had good bagels though. I recommend this hotel and will be returning next year.

• Liked — The hotel staff.
  • Disliked — The beach bar no longer serves Corona in a bottle.
  • Tips/Secrets — Get up early to reserve a beach hut.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with friends
13 Thank NYSUNLUVR
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 11 October 2006

Returned from the Aruba Marriott 2 weeks ago. Hotel was nice. Very nice, large breakfast buffet. Beautiful beach. Nice pool area, but the water was slimy and the pool had algae/mold growing all over it. When we complained, the hotel said there was nothing they could do. But throughout the entire stay they could not get rid of the algae on the pool walls. Other than that, the room was fine, nothing exceptional. The casino was also very smoky. Alot of rooms were closed for construction and it was noisy on some mornings.

5 Thank ScottLW
Easton, Pa.
Reviewed 9 October 2006

My husband and I just returned from our 5 nite stay and our Honeymoon. We love the Marriott, we stayed here 3 years ago and it is still by far the best resort in Aruba. My husband and I visited as well as stayed at other properties on the island but the shine is definatley on the Marriott. If your into quality and class then this is where you want to be. We are both Airline employees and travel extensivley, yes it may be a bit more pricey then the rest but remember you get what you pay for. The rooms are very spacious and very clean and they all have there own frig in them. The balconies are very large with great views. The staff is always friendly and smiling. The pool is beautiful as well as the beach, never a problem getting a chair. There are plenty of restaurants at the hotel but my suggestion is rent a car and exlpore the beautiful island and fabulous restaurants there are so many to choose from. When we visit Aruba again my first choice of where to stay would be the Marriott. You can not go wrong. This is a true 5*****!!!

• Liked — Classy
  • Tips/Secrets — rent a car
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
12 Thank TheVargs
New York, NY
Reviewed 3 October 2006

My girlfriend and I just returned from a 5 night stay at the Marriott. after researching this trip for about a month I wasn't sure this was the right decision. After actually going there I was more than happy with my choice.

I booked through a travel agent so my package included airport transfers in the price and a $100 food and bev. creidt from the hotel as part of a special. Upon arriving in Aruba, I was prepared to face a hefty customs procedure but it was a breeze. We proceeded to the exit where we were greeted by the Airport transfer company. I was expecting to see a run down old bus picking us up but to my surprise the bus was big, clean and very nice. Arriving at the Marriott a bellman greeted us right off the bus and took our bags to the check in desk. Someone came and offered us a drink (non alcoholic) to cool off. Check in process was a breeze. We were then escorted by our bellman with our bags directly to our room. I tried upgrading to an ocean view room but none were available at the time. Still the room was perfect. Big and very comfortable. The bathroom was big as well with a decent sized walkin closet and his/ her sinks. The room was very clean. Although not immaculately brand new, I didnt find it to be old and outdated as I read in some reviews. In fact it was very nice and very clean. The balcony was great and our room (garden view) was in a nice secluded area in the interior of the U shaped bldging with a nice view of the grounds/ pool area. You could still make out the ocean in the back. The staff there are very friendly and always smiling. One thing though they didnt seem to be very aware of where things were in the place! Maybe it was the language barrier! It was frustrating at first but it got funny over time. I would ask directions on purpose just to hear the responses! The beach was beautiful and calm. Not crowded since we went off season so there was no need to reserve a palapa. There were plenty of spots available. The weather was perfect! We enjoyed the happy hours and beachside restaurants for lunch. Breakfast i found that room service was better than the buffet offered at the hotel and it was actually cheaper. We loved the room service for breakfast on our balcony! Again, service was great! The only bad thing was that after 12am there's no room service menu. There was an area opened 24hrs but all you could get were cold sandwiches or pastries. Nothing hot. Dinners we ventured downtown to the many restaurants I heard of that got great reviews. Gasparito's was my favorite! We went to Driftwood and not Simply Fish due to recommendations. Flying Fishbone was also an option. Madame Jeanette's was good also. The restaurants are more on the pricier side but it didnt matter (about $100 for two ppl). Here's a quick tip...go on the 90 min tour. Yes it may be a timeshare pitch but after completing they give you $100 Marriott dollars ($125 was a weekend special)to use at many different restaurants on the island ...the good ones too! That came in handy for a lunch and most of a dinner for two. Also, Marriott rewards members get a discount card which entitles you to discounts whether it be a 10% - 15% percent off your bill or free wine and other offers. Best off, I didnt feel pressured by the timeshare presentation. The 1st time ever! it wasnt bad at all. Oh and I would consider buying your liquor, beer and bringing it to the room. Saves you the $8 per drink tab. I saw ppl on the beach packing coolers with their drinks. Not a bad idea!

All in all, I was worried about nothing! The hotel is the last one on the high rise strip and the adjacent property was the Ocean Club and the Surf Club which are both by Marriott! You can walk next door and enjoy the amenities there as well! I loved it here and will definitely return after a few trips to some other islands. Aruba and the Marriott were both great decisions!!!

• Liked — The beaches, room cleanliness
  • Disliked — No room service items after 12AM
  • Tips/Secrets — Try signing up for timeshare tour ($100 or 15,000 reward pts)
  • Stayed September 2006, travelled as a couple
16 Thank Cheef45
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#13 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,809 reviews
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#17 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,950 reviews
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,249 reviews
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
5.0 of 5 bubbles 4,403 reviews
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!