“Excellent Hotel!!!”

Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino
Reviewed 17 November 2006

My boyfriend and I recently stayed at the Marriott and had a fantabulous time. From the moment we arrived to the time that we left, the staff was absolutely courteous and sought to do everything possible to make us happy. Upon checking in at the front desk, we were handed drinks by the bell boy. The hotel is situated right on the beach so that when you go out you are step away from the most gorgeous white sand beach with turquoise clear water (Jersey shore, eat your heart out!!!!) The room we got was very comfortable and had the most amazing view of both the pool area, palm trees and beach. The activities card listed fun things for everyone (guests w/ kids, couples, etc).. even though I don't gamble, I found the casino to be quite nice (the jackpot helped me reach this decision), there's a bar in the pool (although we pretty much stayed on the beach everyday) and Waves Bar by the water. Everyday from 3-5 they have happy hours specials at the Waves bar. Once you see the beautiful sunset at 6pm, the Waves Bar turns into Simply Fish, where the staff sets up tables on the beach so that you can have a romantic dinner by candlelight. La Vista restaurant also located in the hotel offers brunch buffets everyday and dinners specials with a theme (Italian Trattoria night one night, Chinese Buffet another night, etc).. Then there is also a very nice Italian restaurant, plus a regular lobby bar, and pastry shop which is open 24/7, along with souvenir shops. As far as the beach and the ameniities are concerned this is by far the best hotel on all of Palm Beach. Everyday we walked along the beach and had a chance to check out all the other hotels and it's clear that we made the right choice. There was another nice one that we may consider the next time called Playa LInda but that's pretty much it. Even if you just stay at the hotel without ever leaving the premises you will not be dissappointed. However, if you do wish to venture out, site seeing tours are available and are set up by the concierge staff. We took a tour of the island and also went to see the capital. The pictures that I saw on-line before booking my stay did not lie. This is really a remarkable resort! We cannot wait to go back. The only thing that we would do differently next time around is book a rate that also includes food and drinks. Other than that, EVERYTHING WAS SUPERB. You cannot go wrong with this one!

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
2  Thank FREQUENT-FLYAH
There are newer reviews for Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino

Reviewed 17 November 2006

My wife and I vacationed at the Marriott Stellaris Resort from 11/4 to 11/12 and these are my brief impressions. I don't have out photos uploaded yet but I will try to add some as soon as I can from both the Marriott grounds and around Aruba.

We rented a Jeep from Royal and had no problems with it at all. The car was nice, new, and ran well. It wasn't hard picking the car up or dropping it off. I would give them a thumbs up reccomendation and use them again myself.

When we checked into the Marriott we had our room upgraded to a king pool view room because we were Silver Marriott Reward members. The room was nice and had a view of the interior area of the pool and grounds but we weren't up high enough to get a view of the ocean water. The bathrooms are definitely large for a hotel and my wife and I had complaints are anything at all as far as the room itself goes. It was also a big plus to have a small refrigerator in the room. We stopped by the grocer store twice to pick up some beer and breakfast food. We both like to sleep in (around 9:30 or 10:00) so we never ate breakfast anywhere other then bagles or Special K bars in our room.

Our average day goes as follows: headed down to the ocean somehwere between 11 and 11:30. We did rent an ocean front pallapa ($15 per day) for 3 days. 3 days in a row is the max you can reserve a pallapa before having to go rotate to another different pallapa. It was worth it to reserve a pallapa and was nice to have some shade and a place make our home base out of. We carried a small collapsable cooler down with us each day that we would put a couple of waters in and about 4 or 5 beers which we would fill up with ice in the hotel before heading down. We got 4 bottled waters at the grocery store and would refill them in our room and toss them back in the fridge to keep cool. Drinks are expensive at the resort as you would expect so I would ever so highly reccomend stopping by one of the grocery stores and buying your own alcohol and some waters. The water is great on island so it's ok to refill from the tap water.

We ate lunch a couple of days at the Marriott Beach Grill called Waves and it was find and the ususal bar and grill food, cost us about $ 30 to $35 for lunch there each time. We also walked down to Moomba one day and also down to Pellican's Nest for lunch also. Both of those are nice, espcially for a change of scenery, but I wish we had eaten at Pelican's Nest more. It has a really neat atmosphere on a small pier over the water that my wife and I liked. It is about a 10 minute walk down the beach towards the other resorts.

One thing my wife and I did like about the Marriott is that you are at the very end of the resorts on Palm beach. The beach and water is the same all along but at least when we were floating in the water or walking the beach we could look to our rights from the water and see high rises or look to our left and see nothing but sand dune and palm trees with people wind surfing. I know it sounds a little simple but it was nice to feel like you wern't crowded on both sides if you know what I mean. The water is great and there are no waves.

We ate dinner at Flying Fishbone, Pinchos, and Passions and I would rank them in that order as far as our favorites. Although they were all great and I would certainly eat and all of them again, Flying Fishbones is just awesome. We had made reservations ahead of time so we had a great seat at the water with a good view of the Sunset as our feet were getting wet. Sunset is a hair after 6 so we made reservations at 5:30 and while it was a little earlier dinner then preferred it was worth it and we weren't the only people there that had made the same plans.

We did hit the spa Laramar at the Radisson and liked it as well, the massage was $105 per person I believe which was a little higher then I was expecting but we basically had the place to ourselves so that was cool.

We also road down to baby beach one day and that was neat but I don't think I would do it again. It cost 50 cents to use the toilet there, which upset me, but I just missed having a pallapa and a chair to lay down on.

I'll do my best to get some of my pictures posted as soon as I can but I hope this helps.

15  Thank kbgunter1
Reviewed 7 November 2006

My boyfriend and I went to Aruba for our 1 year anniversary. Everything was perfect, upon check-in we pushed for an upgrade to an Ocean View room ( orginally booked a garden view ) It took some time and our room wasn't ready but it was worth it - great ocean view and HUGE Bed, extremely comfortable.
The Restaurants were great too, went out to dinner every night to many of the highly recommended restaurant s- TRY CUBA'S COOKING. A must while in Aruba.

The trip was totally relaxing without much nightlife except the casinos which was fine for a few nights and then we retired early, perfect if you want to relax. The beach was beautiful and the water was so calm everydaya. Another recommendation for you is to book your hut for the beach when you arrive and reserve it for the 3 day max. This way you do not have to get up at 6:30am for a hut on the beach. Believe me, I did this 2 mornings in a row and there were about 10 people in line.

We are definatley going to back to Aruba and the Marriott, the locals are by far the friendliness I have ever come across in my travels!!

• Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
7  Thank KCW1
Reviewed 7 November 2006

My Husband & I stayed at the Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino in Aruba this past October. We had a very much needed relaxing stay. The hotel was great! Our room was very nice and clean. The only thing was when we went to take showers the water went from hot to cold on it's own. Not too fun.

The pool was gorgeous and there is so much seating, but if you want a tan go lay on the beach. The pool was more shady and my husband & I would retire there at the end of the day. We always layed on the beach. One token of advice, reserve a hut in advance if possible. We finally got one the last day. But that by no means ruined anything. We loved laying on the beautiful white sand beach. The water was crystal clear and we rented floats for $10/day. It couldn't be more perfect.

Food: The restaurant by the pool (Waves) was very good. We had lunch there everyday. For dinner we went out. We liked the following places: El Gaucho - delicious food and $$$, Tangos - Also good Steak and they put on a live Tango show, Smoky Joes - very good and not pricey at all, this would be one of your more casual nights. A place NOT to go to - Carlos & CHarlies, UGH! The food is horrible. You may want to go for drinks, but it is so far out of the way it's not worth it.

Aruba us pretty expensive when it comes to going out to dinner. Also, when I go back in the future I would stay at the Hyatt or one of the other hotels along that strip. The Marriott was the last hotel on beach and we needed to take a cab wherever we went. Where if we were at the Hyatt we just cross the street and there are a bunch of restaurants and shops. Cabs were not too bad. We spent between $5 and $10 depending on the location of the place were going.

So all in all, we loved it and will definitely be going back soon.

14  Thank S111
Reviewed 5 November 2006

The day before I arrived in Aruba, I decided to go. This was very last minute. I traveled alone. I found the hotel clean and relaxing. The “Simply Fish” restaurant located on the beach was exceptional. If you are looking to come to Aruba this hotel will not let you down. As a single travler I was comfortable.

One observation: At night do not turn off your room AC. If you do the smoke from the casino seeps up into the rooms.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank bbwoo7
Reviewed 24 October 2006

I stayed at the Mariott with my boyfriend from Oct 18th- 23rd. Here is my take on the hotel- it is a little long but accurate. Hopefully it will help your decision.

Pros:
Check-in: Upon arrival at the Mariott everything was smooth and quick. It took about five minutes to check-in and our room was ready even though it was only about 1:00PM.

The Room: The Ocean view room is beautiful and the king-size bed faces the ocean. Every room has a balcony and the view is fantastic. There are his and her sinks (a big plus), a pretty big tub and a walk-in closet with loads of hangars. There is also a big safe that I felt very comfortable leaving my valuables in.

Clean Clean Clean. The hotel is immaculate. They are constantly cleaning there. The floors never have a speck of sand or dirt. The bathrooms are cleaned all day long. I even saw them wiping down the leaves of a plant in the lobby.

Restaurants: (We ate at all of them since we had the all-inclusive deal)
Tuscany was elegant, there is a live pianist and the food was great.
Simply Fish- you can't get more romantic. You are literally sitting on the beach. If you don't catch the sunset it is just as amazing in the dark lit by candlelight and listening to the waves. (A little bug spray wouldn't hurt though)
La Vista- Really nice buffet breakfast and the lunch here is better than Waves (the beach restaurant).
Waves- Convenient when you are hanging out on the beach. Here you can get a burger, cesar salad, etc.

The Staff: All of the employees at the hotel were friendly and always had a smile on their face when they greet you. The whole island is pretty much this way.

Pool & Beach: The beach is amazing and so relaxing. The sand is white and the water is warm, calm and a beautiful blue. You do need to reserve a palapa at 7:00AM and they get taken quickly. The pool was pretty big and was always clean. The swim up bar makes it fun and the waterfall lends tranquility.

Cons:
My only main issue was that we were doing the all-inclusive deal (already paid for), and the woman at the front desk checked us in and was sending us off to our room. She had no idea until we told her. I felt they should have been more on top of that, however it was quickly taken care of.

One of the elevators on our side of the hotel was out the whole time we were there (there are only two). We had to take the stairs a few times.

The hotel does need a little painting here and there on the outside but it didn't really bother me.

Anyone interested in all-inclusive...
If you are wondering if the all-inclusive is for you here's my take- If you like eat and drink it is a good deal. You don't have to worry about the cost of things, which makes a vacation much more relaxing. All the restaurants were included and the food ranged from pretty good to very good. You can have anything on the menu and all alcohol is included even the premium brands such as grey goose, etc. 15% gratuity is also included so you don't have to tip either. If you don't drink I would not do the all-inclusive. We were held back from enjoying some of Aruba's great restaurants, but I was very happy with what the hotel offered. I would do the all-inclusive again.

We had an amazing and romantic time at the Mariott and we would definitely stay there again.

16  Thank Jrobs27
Reviewed 18 October 2006

Just returned from a 10 day stay at the Marriott. Booked the trip through Jet Blue Getaways. Best deal in my three years of going to Aruba. $3500 for 10 nights including airfare and hotel. Arrived 10/6 to a Pool/Ocean view room. Usually get the Island/Ocean view room. Pool/Ocean view room is considered an upgrade and does have a larger bathroom. Balconies are larger on this side of the hotel also. Having experinced both types of rooms I prefer the Island/Ocean view. Much more privacy and less outside noise. The hotel staff were friendly and ready to please. Construction at the Marriott Surf Club to the south of the hotel does not effect you unless you walk south on the beach. And that's just a minor inconvenience of walking around some new dock construction. You can still walk the length of Palm Beach no problem. As far as the beach palapas go, this is the way it works; 50% of the huts can be reserved for $10 to $15 for 3 days at a time. The other 50% are first come first serve. Save yourself the reservation fee and get on line at 7:00 a.m. when the booth opens. Get your palapa and it's yours for the day. Go back to bed or have breakfast. Can't rate the hotel restaurants. We rented a jeep in order to try various restaurants that we like around the island. The coffee shop in the lobby had good bagels though. I recommend this hotel and will be returning next year.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
13  Thank NYSUNLUVR
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palm - Eagle Beach
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
The Ritz-Carlton, Aruba
#12 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and Casino
Hyatt Regency Aruba Resort and C...
#11 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & Casino
Hilton Aruba Caribbean Resort & ...
#15 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Renaissance Aruba Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach Resort & Casino
Holiday Inn Resort Aruba - Beach...
#18 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
Bucuti & Tara Beach Resort Aruba
#1 of 24 in Palm - Eagle Beach

Been to Aruba Marriott Resort & Stellaris Casino? Share your experiences!